Should images of cartridges, booklets, etc. be added to box art?

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By StarFoxA

I think so.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

None of those are actually box art.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MasturbatingBear

yep thats boxart. lordandrew I think they qualify as boxart. I used to take images from sites for random snes games of the cart, manual, and the box on one shot. but yeah they wualify as boxart. new galleries are not necesary.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jayge_

I don't think they're box art (I guess cartridges could be). Unless the art is the same as the box art. Then I guess it counts. I would make a seperate gallery for "physical materials" or something though.

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Cause it is an unnecesary gallery. You stated there is a box art gallery. thats where box art goes. so put manuals and carts in there.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_
MasturbatingBear said:
"Cause it is an unnecesary gallery. You stated there is a box art gallery. thats where box art goes. so put manuals and carts in there."
It's not box art. The box art galleries would have to be expanded to Box Art & Materials or something. As it is now, it's a bad attachment to be box art.
JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By JDUB_XL

They should be in a gallery for sure, just not Box Art.

"Physical Materials" is probably not the right name. I think "Included Materials" is better.

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MasturbatingBear

well when you state it like that I completely understand. But making a new gallery would confuse people or make point whores have a new excuse. Cause you gain points for every gallery its attached to they can easily attach them to both gallery's and as an excuse if they were to get into trouble they would say i didn't know.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jayge_
MasturbatingBear said:
"well when you state it like that I completely understand. But making a new gallery would confuse people or make point whores have a new excuse. Cause you gain points for every gallery its attached to they can easily attach them to both gallery's and as an excuse if they were to get into trouble they would say i didn't know."
And they would get denied and not receive points. Such is the circle of life.
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MasturbatingBear
Jayge said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"well when you state it like that I completely understand. But making a new gallery would confuse people or make point whores have a new excuse. Cause you gain points for every gallery its attached to they can easily attach them to both gallery's and as an excuse if they were to get into trouble they would say i didn't know."
And they would get denied and not receive points. Such is the circle of life."

thats not true at all. they could easily get accepted or even by users using the image mod system. there was a guy who took a bunch of maplestory images i put up and started attatching them to games like rock band and like gears and clicking all gallerys. I saw him on the modd thing and he alone was getting them accepted.
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MasturbatingBear
sheisty_shogun said:
"Jayge said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"Cause it is an unnecesary gallery. You stated there is a box art gallery. thats where box art goes. so put manuals and carts in there."
It's not box art. The box art galleries would have to be expanded to Box Art & Materials or something. As it is now, it's a bad attachment to be box art."

I think this is the best idea so far.  If the Box Art Gallery just underwent a name change to include "Materials" or "Included Materials" it would be clear where to submit future images and the cart/manual/whatever pics that were already in the Box Art galleries would be fine where they are now.  I'm assuming its possible to change the name of the gallery, surely it is."
LoL yep its a great idea... so smart because everyone hates the fact that there are a few images in the box art sections.