Suggestion: Korean Release Date

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By reverendhunt

I've just entered a Korean fighting game to the database, and strangely enough, Korea does not seem to be an option for country of release. I would have thought with the country's prominence in the MMO scene that they'd get a mention.

I temporarily have the release set to Japan as that's the closest, but if possible, could Korea eventually be a country in this field?

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By StarFoxA

This has been a problem for about four years. We're also lacking dozens of European regions.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DeF

I hope more detailed options like this become part of the big overhaul. You can't make a definitive wiki when it lacks options like these just because these are not English speaking regions.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

@StarFoxA said:

This has been a problem for about four years. We're also lacking dozens of European regions.

What I find interesting is that the German rating board exists within the database despite the lack of any German or general European region option. Were they planning to add more and decided against it?

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StarFoxA

@LordAndrew: We have pages for the GamePark 32 and its games... a handheld that was almost exclusive to Korea... yet no Korean release dates.

sodacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By sodacat

@DeF said:

I hope more detailed options like this become part of the big overhaul. You can't make a definitive wiki when it lacks options like these just because these are not English speaking regions.

Oh god, has Giant Bomb been promising an "overhaul" too? This is exactly why I left Mobygames.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeF

@sodacat said:

@DeF said:

Oh god, has Giant Bomb been promising an "overhaul" too? This is exactly why I left Mobygames.

yes kind of. the big september redesign. updated, better functionality and wiki stuff as detailed by dave a few months/weeks ago.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By Justin258

@sodacat said:

@DeF said:

I have faith that Dave will design a good website.

OP: Is it split up into North and South Korea?

sodacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sodacat

@DeF said:

@sodacat said:

@DeF said:

yes kind of. the big september redesign. updated, better functionality and wiki stuff as detailed by dave a few months/weeks ago.

As in, there's a timetable and a list of changes and everything? My goodness. Over on Mobygames the owners have been saying that an overhaul has "been in the works" for the last four years. A development team that actually talks about things is a new experience for me.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DeF

@sodacat said:

@DeF said:

@sodacat said:

@DeF said:

As in, there's a timetable and a list of changes and everything? My goodness. Over on Mobygames the owners have been saying that an overhaul has "been in the works" for the last four years. A development team that actually talks about things is a new experience for me.

More like Daving wrapping a shirt around his head talking about the basic ideas behind the new features, taking community calls for suggestions while Alexis is showing off an example or two and giving a sneak peak into the mod interface.

This is Giant Bomb after all, that's how they do things. It's never smooth, lots of chaos but they'll tell you at least in part how the sausage gets made.

sodacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sodacat

@DeF: I'm used to being told that there is a sausage being made, somewhere, but they don't know when it will be made, what's going to be in the sausage, where the factory is, or if the factory even exists. This is certainly a step up.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Karl_Boss

I have a small suspicion that this redesign is never going to happen.....the only thing saving the wiki from being entirely neglected is Jeff.