Swapping the game names and adding important corrections to this wiki.

Martyste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello everybody,
I'm nicknamed Martyste and as a speedrunner of Asterix & Obelix XXL who knows a true lot of things about this game since 3 long years of searching and discoveries, I'd like to add some important changes to this wiki page.
First, considering the "Kick Buttix" title isn't on the first release, nor is present on the majority of the releases ( 1 against 4 ), nor has made any comparable sales, the Title "Asterix & Obelix XXL" should be considered the main one, and "Kick Buttix" as an alias instead. This has also another really important impact: Twitch uses Giantbomb's database for its games, and because of that title you can't say you're playing Asterix & Obelix XXL on your stream, which is a shame because not only we have a growing community on this game, but we are forced to use a title that got barely ever known to people ( and none of our community members are outside Europe ).
Then, this applied, it is important to write in most of the important changes/differences between those version, such as the European PS2 version being the only November 21st, 2003 initial release with a unique font and a very specific crash, while the GBA version was developped by Fernando Velez & Guillaume Dubail ( Yes, only those two ) and only retains the main plot and impressive 3D graphics. Talking about the plot, it also has small mistakes ( In the beginning, only Asterix finds the burning village after being separated from Obelix, who himself went looking for Dogmatix, scared by a lightning strike ) and probably other missing bits.
The genre is also wrong: while this game has short sequences of sliding down moutains and pushing a boat in extreme speeds ( thanks to Obelix's strenght ), it cannot be considered as Racing. It is, at most, a Action, Beat'em-all and Platformer game.
There might be more changes that could need to be applied, but I wanted first to make a topic for it so I can first get allowed to turn in these changes. Please believe in the greatest sincerity of my request, and forgive me for any spelling mistakes trough this message as English is not my native language.
Thank you for reading, and see you soon.
Martyste

Noxus94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Noxus94

@martyste: Yeah, you're right about it being necessary to change the name to Asterix & Obelix XXL.
Then viewers will finally even be able to know the game we stream on Twitch. Because who knows this game as Kick Buttix? Right, nobody does. So when you look for this game on Twitch under it's generally known name, you won't find anything :/
Pls, Giantbomb, give us and the people who look for this game on twitch the possibility to find it under it's broadly known name.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#3 Marino  Staff

Games in our database are listed based on their North American release unless they weren't released in that region. So, we won't be changing it. I'd suggest talking to Twitch if you want it to show up differently there as I know they've manually changed things like that in the past.