Taking Wiki Requests for Old Games

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been going through my Commodore 64 disks and feeling nostalgic. Is there a favorite NES or earlier classic you'd like to see an article of? Vectrex? Atari? Amiga? Commodore? TRS-80? An Action Max tape that you adore?

Name it, and I'll give it the article it deserves.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@bhtav: very cool of you to do this man and fun idea to generate activity in the wiki

I'd love to see a fleshed out page on Transylvania and accompanying franchise page, I played it a neighbor's when I was kid and my memory of it is foggy at best

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great Call. Transylvania is a game that I have and am familiar with. First in the queue.

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, it was fun remembering this one. Never played the sequels. Going to briefly mess with them on an emulator before hitting them and the franchise page. Enjoy!

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Slag

@bhtav: Hey man thanks so much for doing this! The page looks great!

It's one of those games I really remember enjoying, but it's also one I don't have anywhere clear enough memory to write a wiki page.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

When it comes to the C64, maybe the Cybernoid games? The pages for both seem to be stubs.

Like most C64 games I primarily remember it for the music, which was absolutely amazing.

Oh, and I have absolutely no idea of what kind of game Border Zone is, but it's an Infocom release and the cover art looks great, so I'd love to see a decent page on that.

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag Yah duder! I'll be doing the final game when I get through it. Very different than the first two.

@fisk0 Cybernoid is a great idea; very familiar with the Amiga version. That will be next. Never played Border Zone, which is odd, because I have a lot of hours into Infocom games. I may put that one on the burner depending on what else is requested, seeing as though I just did 3 text adventures.

Keep 'em coming!

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, finished all three Transylvania games, and the series overview page. That was a lot of fun playing through. The Amiga versions in particular. Updated with some info regarding the Comprehend parsing engine, Polarware's answer to Infocom's more advanced parser.

On to Cybernoid.

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0 Cybernoid 1 complete, on to part two. The C64 version has such good music...

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#10 fisk0  Moderator

@bhtav said:

@fisk0 Cybernoid 1 complete, on to part two. The C64 version has such good music...

Great work! And yeah, that music is fantastic.

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0 Cybernoid 2 done.

Who's next?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bhtav: hey sorry man, my knowledge of that era isn't super comprehensive

How about Super Boulder Dash? I used to really dig that game and it looks pretty incomplete to me, I'm sure there's a bunch more in that franchise that need help too.

Or how about Microleague Baseball?

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bhtav: I've spent too many hours playing 50 Mission Crush for it to remain a wiki stub, but I don't have the time to knock one out. Since you seem to be a Commodore person, it might be right up your alley.

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool! Working on

50 mission crush (new one to me!) and Super Boulder Dash (played the hell out of this and the original...)