The landfill rumors were true

• 119 results
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

MS and Major Nelson seem really hyped about this. Why? I mean, who really cares?

It's the best video game-related press that Microsoft has had since before the Xbox One announcements nearly a year ago.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@fisk0 said:
@cmblasko said:

@itwongo said:

Requesting source on that Jeff quote

Bombcast from a week or two ago. Actually, I remember him doubting they'll find anything on at least 2 episodes.

I'd say it's slightly farther back, the original mention, when Jeff talked the most about it was probably about 2 months ago, and then there was another brief mention about 3-4 weeks ago.

Oh wow, was it really that far back? My sense of time is distorted as hell.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Vuud

Jeff is a confirmed member of the Video Game Illuminati. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been nuked and all of us banned to keep the coverup going.

No Caption Provided

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By Paliv

It's all the rage on the local news here in New Mexico: http://touch.krqe.com/r2940/3f7046ad

TepiDDeatH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By TepiDDeatH
AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@thenexus: I have been following it. My point is that the unbelieveable part of this was the amount of ET games being buried at the same place. If there's a few thousands ET games buried here along with other Atari games that probably proves that this is the place, but it also proves that the myth of there being tens of thousands of ET games buried at the same place was probably BS. I don't think anyone doubted that Atari had to bury a ton of games after the crash, but that's not the myth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuud said:

Jeff is a confirmed member of the Video Game Illuminati. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been nuked and all of us banned to keep the coverup going.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaaaaahahahahahahahahaha! :D!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@hatking: Good impression. Add some more profanity and homophobia and you're heading straight for the big time.

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never knew enough or cared enough to assume this wasn't completely true. This news has me completely underwhelmed.

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never knew enough or cared enough to not believe this was true in the first place. This news has me entirely underwhelmed.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is so stupid.

Outside of the documentary is there a reason for doing this?

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nasar7 said:

I never doubted this. But why are they digging it up now??

They need the space to bury all the XBones that aren't selling. This is a cyclical event.

Professionlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to be clear, the Wiki does say "millions" of cartridges several times. no matter what the number, if they actually did produce more ET cartridges than there were actual Atari systems, this was the industry's biggest flop and possibly a bigger distribution flop than any other industry ever except for maybe corn in the prohibition era.

Galadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Galadan
@vuud said:

No Caption Provided

I heard that he's really a frustrated writer of the great american wrestling novel who turned to covering up the existence of video game aliens when he failed to get his work published. Why do you think he hates Yoshi's Island so much?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@nasar7 said:

Microsoft is working to make video content for Xbone users and a documentary about the E.T. landfill is one piece of content in the works.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The Player One Podcast had a pretty good take on this. tl;dr of it being that this was never a rumor or an urban legend, it's just being spun that way now.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The issue is that no one really disputes they were dumped. The only mystery is exactly where the excess stock finally ended up. If Microsoft was just producing a video to find the hole they tossed it in then that is boring. On the other hand they go into the historical context on how this happens then that would be worth watching.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nasar7 said:

They need the space to bury all the XBones that aren't selling. This is a cyclical event.

This reply needs a slow clap and a gold ribbon.

TangyGeoduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The New Mexico Space Museum (or whatever it's real name is) is also in Alamogordo. Coincidence?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3