How hyped are you?

• 158 results
cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just wanted to gauge people's hype centered around this game. This is the first game I've been this excited about since Mass Effect 3 (and unlike most, the hype paid off; I love that game). I, for one, am stoked about Fallout 4. Fallout is the first PC game I sunk a ton of time into back in the first two entries of the series and the first two Xbox 360 titles I played so much that I unlocked every achievement (DLC and base game). Fallout holds a special place in my heart and knowing it is coming to a next gen console and that Bethesda took their time with this title makes me super excited! How excited are you?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2 BeachThunder  Online

For someone that thought that Fallout 3 was a 3 star game, I'm more hyped than I should be.

grtkbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited but won't be hyped until I see the title screen sprawled across my monitor.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pretty hyped! Bethesda definitely makes the best open world RPG's out there, and it's been so long since Skyrim it feels.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder said:

For someone that thought that Fallout 3 was a 3 star game, I'm more hyped than I should be.

I also didn't care much for three and new vegas was only a bit better. I kinda like how this game looks though.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Extremely hyped. Don't think I've been this excited since Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced, I can't stop watching the trailer.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so excited to play another one of these games. I think I'm gonna start another Fallout 3 playthrough soon just to do something with all of this hype.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cbarnes86

@steadying: It's going on four years, too long lol. The crazy thing is: I think Skyrim (and the other Fallouts on 360) still hold up. I thoroughly enjoy playing those still to this day. Also, I just saw the trailer and I'm way wore excited than my initial post!

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2016 is 2011 all over again with UC4, Fallout 4, DS3, and I couldn't be happier with that.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbarnes86: Skyrim looks absolutely incredible to this day.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thatpinguino  Staff

I'll be watching cautiously until Bethesda proves that they've hammered out their combat system problems and their bug problems. However, I'm also not looking for a game I can play forever so the Bethesda RPG model doesn't really appeal to me that much on its own. I'll wait until I know more about the stories they are trying to tell before I really consider buying the game.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So excited, now I just need a release date.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatpinguino: Extremely detailed and large worlds filled with varied and deep side quests doesn't appeal to you?

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even the trailer has that Bethesda jank.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#15  Edited By L33T_HAXOR

Fallout 3 was probably my favorite game of last generation until I played Dark Souls (I still have to play New Vegas), so yeah, I'm pretty fucking hyped!

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

6/10 excitement level

Will play it and enjoy it for what it is ( not my Fallout but I can't complain about that).

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i havent been this hyped for a game since skyrim,so im really hyped.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

After that trailer positively unhyped.

Not that I was much in the first place, but it made it even more of a pedestrian feeling.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By awesomeusername

HNBNBBNNNNNNFGFSDGHHH. DOES THAT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?!

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thatpinguino  Staff

@steadying: Its not that elements of the game don't appeal to me, its that the content I want to experience is spread far and wide through a huge world full of distractions. I am not a huge fan of grinding levels or acquiring loot, though I am susceptible to getting caught up in it, so stumbling upon random dungeons that hold bullets, some side story, and a good item or two doesn't really appeal to me. The ratio of doing stuff I want to do versus traveling or wandering aimlessly is not what I'm looking for.

I'm coincidentally working on an piece on Fallout 3 and I just recorded a podcast on the game a few days ago, so there is stuff I enjoy. It is just that Bethesda games invite me to get lost in stuff that just feel like time sucks when I look back on them. So I'll wait and see.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not hyped, but I will be if they show off some writing chops this time. I mean I know it's post apocalyptic but that doesn't mean the characters/story has to be lifeless too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess I’m turning into a jaded gamer, just looked like a HD fallout 3. Not hyped.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout 3 was probably my favorite game of last generation until I played Dark Souls (I still have to play New Vegas), so yeah, I'm pretty fucking hyped!

New Vegas is cool. It's like Fallout 3 except way better written and way buggier. There's probably a fan patch to fix the bugs by now though.

Bam_Boozilled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone seems really excited about this but the trailer just seemed meh to me. Frankly I'm worried there is something wrong with me but I neither gained nor lost much interest in it.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to be honest, Fallout 3 didn't really grab me like it did with so many others. Probably because it was so similar to Oblivion, which I'd completely overdosed on. Skyrim hooked me though, so perhaps Fallout 4 will as well. So I'm looking forward to seeing what Bethesda can do on the new consoles, I'm not quite back-flipping around the room with excitement as I was when Bloodborne got announced.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly not at all. I was happier with the bobblehead than the actual game. (I lost my save twice)

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now the wait for The Elder Scrolls VI can finally begin.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NTM

When it comes to Fallout, I played Fallout 3's story, and then a few side missions on the Xbox 360 around release. So with that, you can tell I wasn't one to get entrenched in detail with the series. I enjoyed (though had issues) with what I've played, but I wish I had played more. I bought Fallout 3 on PC last year, or early this year, and it didn't run well to an extent I would have hoped for, so I didn't play it that much. That all said, this trailer has me more excited than I was expecting to be, simply because it looks better than three, even if marginally. It also looks very similar, just with minor tweaks, for the better I think. It bothers me, as it does any series that I haven't experienced more of it, because it makes it harder for me to really appreciate and get excited for what's to come, but Fallout 4 has me somewhat excited. I will say though, I'm surprised to see so many, or as many jaded about it as there are, as far as I've seen already.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I LOVED Fallout 3, probably more than I should have. F3 will always be superior to me because I grew up in Northern Virginia and I know that area VERY well. I spent so much time playing that game in college. I was not at all hyped for Fallout New Vegas but eventually picked it up on Steam with all the DLC about a year ago for $5 and just have not been able to get into it. I've tried several times.

That being said, I am beyond stoked for a full-on Fallout game made by Bethesda(even if it is in Boston, gross) I'm sure it will launch with full of bugs as most of their games tend to do, but I am super stoked.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Junkboy

So we had Fallout 3 which was great and all then we had what felt like a flawless upgrade in Fallout 3.5 New Vegas and from the looks of that trailer we now have Fallout 3.75. How they can continue to use that engine (even if heavily modified) I can't understand.

I think the Witcher 3 looks fucking gorgeous, I love Bloodbourne's design, thought Sunset Overdrive was a stunning game to just experience, and Pikmin 3 is so far my favorite game of this gen but Jesus Christ if that didn't look like a literal HD upgrade to an old title vs it looking like a new game. I'm not sure that looks better than some of the Skyrim mods that are out now.

Glad they showed gameplay instead of showing only CG but that trailer destroyed all of my expectations which might be a good thing at this point. I'll hope for the best but watching this I can't help but think I would've preferred to wait a few more years.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By Tom_omb

While I can't say the trailer did much to spike the meter I would say I'm pretty hyped. Now that they've officially confirmed that Fallout 4 is a thing they've set the stage for what I hope will be a meaty gameplay demo on stage 11 days from now.

I think I'll set the Witcher aside for a bit and play some Fallout 3 or New Vegas now.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By monetarydread

I am super hyped right now because Bethesda is my favourite developer and the Fallout series is my favourite series of RPG's.

I am in the camp that does not like the graphics in this trailer; I am not bummed out by them though. I have been replaying New Vegas lately and I have noticed that the world detail is sparse. The one thing that caught my eye was the amount of detail in the rooms. The trailer shows individual newspapers fluttering around; that door handles seem to be objects instead of textures; there is tessellation and bump mapping on all the surfaces and, what appears, to be a more dense environment to explore. I freeze up when I think of how many hours it would take to model an environment with that much detail.

Edit: Also, I have to give Bethesda credit for releasing a trailer that, at least looks like it, is rendered using in-game graphics.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not very. I didn't like Fallout 3 (New Vegas was a superior game) and I really, really, really don't like Bethesda games. They make worlds and then don't make them at all fun or interesting to explore or stick around in. I'd like to hope this will be different, but I got fooled with Skyrim and I'm not about to hand over my ticket to the hype train. Gamebryo and Bethesda is a no thank you.

If it was Obsidian though? Day fuckin one.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#34 riostarwind  Moderator

It has been long enough that I'm up for a new Fallout but I'm not super excited about it.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout holds a special place in my heart

Loading Video...

I'm so hyped, yeah, the main story of F3 and the characters didn't really do much to me. But exploring the world of F3 with Dogmeat (and occasionally Charon and Fawkes) and just... finding things was so much fun.
It was like walking into your yard and finding a hole, and it's like "holy shit, check out this hole!" and you go into the hole and there is stuff in the hole, stuff left behind by people who used to live there, and you are just exploring this hole going "this is so fascinating! What am I going to find next? This is wild!" and then suddenly, you find another hole, and it's like, holy crap, guys, look, another hole.

That's Fallout 3 to me, exploring, and finding things and all of the little or big details about them, I mean hell, in Fallout 3 you can find missile silos that have ZERO impact on the main or side stories, but you can just explore them and unlock doors and computers and find notes and if I remember right you can even get one of them to explode some bombs around its base, and it's just great, is has nothing to do with anything but the mystery of 'wow, what's up with this?" is so cool.

Fallout 4 means more of that and I've explored 3 and NV to death so it's all new to me, and Dogmeat is right in the trailer, hell yes, DOGMEAT! Sooooo maybe the story will be just as stupid this time too (seriously, the pre-dlc ending of Fallout 3 is fucking garbage) but I don't care because I will wander around and see cool shit and the atmosphere of 3 was great and I'm betting it will be in here as well.

So in other words, my hype level is AIHGDIJHSGDISGDGGAIAUUUUUUUUUUUHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUHHHRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEAHYEAAAHYEEEAAAAH!

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty damn excited. New Vegas was the better Fallout game to be sure, but that's not to say that I didn't enjoy Fallout 3, cause I put a ton of time into that game. The graphics look good enough for me, I just want a reasonably interesting looking apocalypse to explore and get lost in. As someone who can only take so much of fantasy or even dark fantasy RPG's, the fact that a new Fallout and Deus Ex are coming has me stoked.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have about four 50-100 hour games in my back log so almost no current interest in Fallout 4 except to just know how Bethesda is improving on past games.

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trailer didn't really tell anything, it might have been Fallout 3 trailer because I didn't see anything that would make Fallout 4 different from what we've seen before. New Vegas did the right thing by making it very clear where the game takes place and get you speculating on how Vegas might look like after the nuclear war.

Also, after getting used to Witcher 3, the static and "lifeless" environment popped out straight away (grass, trees, hanging ropes).

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By limond

Can't say I am all that hyped for it. Nothing jumped out at new in the trailer.

Also comparing what I've seen from Witcher 3 to this open world. Well I think every other studi needs to up their game dramatically.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Not at all, but that's because I've simply never found myself drawn to their games very much.

Nals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In between really.

Fallout 3 to me needed work BADLY. It felt unfinished, and something they quickly had to throw together after spending so much time making the last gen Gamebryo engine. I've played it multiple times, and while I can appreciate what they tried to do, I find myself easily beating every quest/side quest/DLC/explored every zone within about 30 hours tops, and finding myself railing against how stupid the combat gets once enemies become bulletproof. There was no sense of exploration, no sense of worldbuilding, and no sense of proper combat/loot design like any of the other Bethesda games.

So from that angle? I won't buy it unless they outright say they learned their lesson/fixed the problems F3 had at this E3, or show me they did. I need to know that there is more then two towns with 10 people in them. I need to know there is more then 14 quests total ( which counts the 5 Moira exploration quests. ). I need to know they have more then 6 guns. I need to know that they took some time designing dungeons/areas, and even if there is some overlap, it's not nearly as jarring/bad as it was in Oblivion/Fallout 3. And I'd like to hear that they are actually putting work into their story this time.

I didn't buy Skyrim until a week after release, and it was only because a friend of mine gave me a very convincing argument that it was nothing like Oblivion/Fallout 3. If that doesn't happen again, I'll probably just wait a year or two for the sale.

And again yeah, if this was Obsidian it'd be day 1.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

More hyped than I was before the trailer.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce: Yea, when I first played F3 and New Vegas, I left the starting area and would spin in a 360 until I saw one of the uncolored triangles on the compass. The first one I saw, I would head straight to it. I did this until I completed the game (hundred+ hours later lol). Love that about these games. Similar with the first two games on PC. Pick a direction and go!

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I haven't gotten a chance to watch the trailer yet, but all I got to say is I hope that after Fallout 4 is release we quickly get an Obsidian Fallout game because I was much more of a fan of New Vegas than 3. Maybe it was the timing, I'm not quite sure, but I remember greatly disliking 3 when I first tried to play it.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think everyone's beef with Fallout 3 was the fact it was THE FIRST 3d open world Fallout game. Of course it was going to have issues. New Vegas gets credit as "the better game" because Obsidian took what worked and didn't from 3 and fine tuned it and made a better game. People being scared of Fallout 4 not being good because it is Bethesda made is dumb. Look at the games in between Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 that they have release (Skyrim mainly). I think they know how to make a good open world game now.

@lost_remnant: I totally forgot about Deus Ex!!! God, there are going to be some fantastic games coming out soon

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've only played about 30 minutes of New Vegas and didn't really enjoy it, it felt kind of clunky and couldn't hold my attention. I wouldn't say I'm hyped at all but I'll definitely keep an eye on reviews and will probably end up playing it if it turns out good.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not particularly hyped. I'm not a post-apocalypse guy I guess. I tried Fallout 3 and it didn't click for me.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I'm interested to see what Bethesda talks about and shows at E3, that's about it. I have too many other games to get through and Fallout 4 is probably too far off for me to spend any energy on it right now.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. Might play it when it comes out, but I'm more interested to see what improvements / changes to Bethesda's open-world formula are present, given that they'll likely carry over to the next Elder Scrolls game as well.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pretty hyped. I think Fallout 3 is the RPG I put the most hours into. I almost failed out of college because of that game.