Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhombus_of_terror: Looks good, definetly looks like an improved Gamebryo again shit draw distance and all. I like the art style though has a bit more flavour than the previous games looks like RAGE lite. Distinct lack of ambient occlusion in a promo shot is kind've strange though.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baronsamedi: I think my biggest problem with that shot is not necessarily the quality of the graphics but that it looks really bland and uninteresting. Yes, it's the post apocalypse and you're playing in a wasteland but I think in that case you need a great artstyle and I'm not seeing that here (yet). It's obviously only one shot and I'm still really interested to see gameplay but let's not kid ourselves, they needed a new engine, a complete overhaul. In my opinion both Skyrim and F3/NV suffered greatly due to the engine and the techincal problems though I have to say that the style in NV seems more appealing to me than this shot. We'll see, hopefully I'm wrong.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That looks, uh.....

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By brandondryrock

I don't understand what's wrong with that screenshot. Looks fine to me. People are so fast to just write things off as bad and uninteresting. I feel bad for the people who are gaming enthusiasts and just shit on everything that comes out.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhombus_of_terror: I kind of hope it is, just because it implies Bethesda haven't gotten over their hard-on for the Brotherhood of Steel yet.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steadying: What does that even mean? I know everyone has opinions, and that's fine. I'm not saying everyone needs to just roll over and enjoy everything thrown their way. But it amazes me how fast people jump to conclusions about a game after seeing literally one screenshot of it.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Timer ends in 20 mins. Wonder what it'll be. That screenshot does look like it was mashed together by obsessive fan, the scene doesn't make sense to me.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@altairre:I think the art style is nice. It's much more vibrant than the previous games and doesn't rely as heavily on overdone normal mapping to make things shiny. I think this might actually look quite nice in motion.

@brandondryrock:No one wrote anything off, people said they didn't like the shot and followed it with 'I'll wait to see more' comments. I feel bad for people who read half a comment and then quickly judge others.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No Caption Provided

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's another screenshot floating around of actual gameplay and it looks nicer than that one. Still kinda just looks like their last couple games, but still. Better.

Whatever, I'm far more interested in actually playing a new Bethesda game than I am in how it looks.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baronsamedi: Yeah, you're right. I was just responding to all of the "this doesn't look too hot" type comments.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By thatdutchguy

Mmm Love me some Hype.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baronsamedi: Yeah, you're right. I was just responding to all of the "this doesn't look too hot" type comments.

It's my first impression and that sceenshot is all we have to go on for now. I also elaborated what my problems with it are. I'm not shitting on the game in any way and as I posted, I'll reserve my judgement until I've seen how it looks and plays in motion but I'm really hoping that this isn't gamebryo again. I want this to be good.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please Stand By

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Loading Video...

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, three minutes! Way more than expected.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I choose to believe that the trailer implies you play as Dogmeat.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my goodness that looks amazing. I can't wait.

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Did the main character just talk?

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, the MC talks!

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@beachthunder: wow that looks really nice and really... colourful?

shame that there was no indication of a release date or anything tho

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It certainly looks a lot better in motion though that dog was not meant for closeups. I give them props that the trailer shows game footage instead of shiny CG. Good first showing overall.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see actual settlements and lively environments in there this time. And no permanent green tinge!

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By ivdamke

@beachthunder: Looks a lot like RAGE especailly when it gets to some of the towns made of bits of rust. I think it looks quite nice, nothing mind blowing but it suits and I really hope the transferring between before and after war is a theme they have going, that's something I've wanted from a post apocalyptic game for awhile.

The one big negative take away is that shot right at the end, the dudes character model looks all kinds of fucked up. Which is strange because the rest of them in the trailer aren't all that bad.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Meh, it was alright, nothing unexpected or mind blowing or revelatory, same ol Gamebryo.

Too bad they reused the armor suit too, Fallout games have had a tradition for having a new power suit as their face for each entry.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

I wonder where it takes place.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This looks really good, and way more colorful than Fallout 3 or New Vegas. The animations also seem better than your average Bethesda game (even by today's standards, I think), so that's cool. Definitely looking forward to their E3 press conference.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this basically seems to indicate we are continuing the story of the main character from Fallout 3? Interesting...

Winterharte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tajasaurus: They're probably going to mention that at the press conference, no? This is just something to get you excited for the conference.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, it was alright, nothing unexpected or mind blowing or revelatory, same ol Gamebryo.

Too bad they reused the armor suit too, Fallout games have had a tradition for having a new power suit as their face for each entry.

War never changes. Neither does our engine.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a guess, but the ship you see in one of the snippets does give a very Boston vibe.

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Boston, apparently. At least a guy on twitter claims to have recognized the location where that Michael Jackson lookalike appeared.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really looks bad. I'm sure it's going to be fun, but graphically, this really looks bad. After Witcher, I think big companies like Bethesda can do better.

Faramir82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@excast said:
@themasterds said:

Just a guess, but the ship you see in one of the snippets does give a very Boston vibe.

The Paul Revere statue makes me believe it's in Boston

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to be honest. That was the most underwhelming game-play trailer from Bethesda I have seen. Totally lacked the WOW factor of their other games. I'm not digging the look of the game either it looks like my SweetFX on New Vegas cranked up too high. Hopefully the gameplay is awesome because i'm disappointed.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nashvilleskyline: The mentality that something looks bad because something else looks better always baffles me. It doesn't look as good no especially in the character models department, but it certainly doesn't look bad.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Benny

It really looks bad. I'm sure it's going to be fun, but graphically, this really looks bad. After Witcher, I think big companies like Bethesda can do better.

It sucks for them because I'm sure they've been working on it for like 3 years or more at least but you're right, the bar has been raised and they simply haven't had the time to react.

I was kinda expecting more from it as well. Like something to differentiate it from other games in the series. Maybe a focus on the greater story of the world or something. Feels like something's missing.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really dig the new vibrant colour art direction they're going for.

Theassman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic trailer, I'm on the hype train.. couple of negatives though, I was hoping Fallout would be done with the Brotherhood of Steel and it kind of looks like they're back, if they are I at the very least hope they are not painted as black/white "good guys" like they were in 3... Morally gray factions are much more interesting, and I think that was New Vegas biggest improvement from FO3

And I really, really hope the talking PC doesnt mean we have a pre-defined character, like Sheppard or Geralt. I think it works for those games but for Fallout I prefer an anonymous vault-dweller.

Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EwanSuttie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Glad to hear people are getting excited for this. I really couldn't care less, I have yet to like a Bethesda RPG and the trailer doesn't entice me at all, but hopefully it'll turn out good for those of you looking forward to it.

Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baronsamedi: You're right. My own personnal taste tells me It looks bad. Looks pretty much like a game from 4 years ago. Knowing this game will probably come out in 6months to a year from now with these graphics...That's really disapointing.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#195  Edited By PimblyCharles

War never changes.

<ugh> I can't believe they put that way too overused phrase in the trailer. Other than that, I really dig the enhanced visuals. Looking forward to seeing more of the game (hopefully) during E3.

Also, there are zeppelins! ZEPPELINS! So cool.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#196  Edited By Sackmanjones

I find it really interesting they kinda teased your character actually speaking. Do you guys think they are going the Bioware approach and having your character actually speak the lines you pick or some variation of them? I think that would be the right move as I think it helps make a more convincing and cohesive sense of communication. I would actually be really curious if they are straight up going to give your character a last name or nickname (I.e. Shepard/inquisitor).

Other than that though seems pretty cool! While it doesn't blow my socks off visually in this very short trailer, it seems like the world articislly looks very bright, varied and colorful. I hope cities are bigger and hey, maybe we won't have to go trough a loading screen everytile we enter a door or some cities. I would take that over any visual flair any day of the week

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pimblycharles: Agree 100%.

Anyway, with the game being set in Boston and the MC being voiced, I wonder if all those rumours before are actually true then.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as visuals? I would rather a game be honest about what it looks like than try to wow people in a trailer and then have the final product look a good deal worse. I think the game looks fine based on the little revealed so far.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@excast: Actually a pretty reasonable way to look at it. Almost every single big game lately has never looked what it looked like in the trailers, so yeah.