• 160 results
Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Edited By Chocobodude3

Poll What system will you get it on (1022 votes)

PC 59%
Xbox One 12%
PS4 30%
 • 
Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If I happen to have a decent PC by then I'd probably go for PC, because it would be nice to mod it. For now it's PS4.

Hopefully their PS4 ports are better than their PS3 ones.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You aren't talking about waiting to buy it and all dlc on steam for $7.50 in about four years, are you?

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: Hopefully Bethesda learned their lesson with Playstation and Skyrim and it is a smooth launch.

I'll be going with the Xbox One version.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

I don't own consoles, so PC, but for me, mods are what made Fallout 3 from a great game into one of my absolute favorite games. Anyone who has only played the console versions of Fallout 3, or who has only played the game without mods, is truly missing out.

If Fallout 4 is as moddable as it's predecessor was, then the clear choice would be the PC version for anyone who is capable of running it.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@patoday: I think it has more to do with the ps3's crazy obscure hardware than Bethesda learning their lesson.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll have to pick it up on the Xbone, because I just don't see myself upgrading my PC any time soon--it needs a new processor and mobo (and power supply) at the very least, and that's too big of an expense this year. Eventually though I'll upgrade my PC and just buy the damn thing again, because that's how I roll with some games (like Fallout 3, for example).

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu: That is true, I just remember hearing constant gripes on Podcast Beyond when Bethesda was trying to patch it to make it playable.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC. Eventually. No idea when I'll have upgraded this POS GPU enough. And even then Fallout 4 will be behind Witcher 3 on my list of shit to play.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Mister_V

Unless there is a huge performance difference between consol and PC versions ill get it on PS4. Bethesda games for me are best played with my feet up on a couch. Sitting in a chair at my PC is never quite the same.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'll do what I always do with Bethesda games — buy it first for consoles and enjoy the story on a couch, then pick it up for PC in a Steam sale and mod the crap out of it.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By colourful_hippie

PC of course. The look of the game isn't that great so I'm not expecting a big gap between consoles and PC but the possible potential from mods is more than enough reason for me to go PC

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the release date. If it's late november or later I will maybe get PC since I will probably build a top of the line rig to play VR games and XCOM around that time. Any earlier and I will go PS4.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Corvak

PC.

PS4 just isn't holding up, I can get it looking better and running smoother for less money. And the community will fix all the bugs faster than Bethesda.

I still play on the couch, HDMI is fun :)

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be going with the Xbox One version myself. Not much of a PC person, I do occasionally think about getting a good PC and going crazy with mods on Fallout 3 and New Vegas though.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC if I can help it.

I need those mods, dawg.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Bethesda game without mods? Blasphemy!

NinjaPartTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm starting to move more and more away from my PC for comfort / convenience reasons but PC always and forever for Bethesda games because of the mods.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox one. Last time I modded a game must've been Max Payne 2. Guess I'm missing out, but it doesn't really interest me.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

If I get the game, PC.

Syce300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If my PC can run it well I may pick it up on that though it's fairly low on my priority list for this year. If my PC doesn't do well by it then I'll just wait since I don't think I can play a Bethesda game without mods at this point which is both a blessing and a curse as every time I want to play Skyrim I end up spending 6 hours updating mods and burning out on it without even playing.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably go with PS4 on release (if I even get it on release), because I don't want to sit at a computer for a 100+ hour RPG ever again. Maybe then get the inevitable GOTY version for $5 on Steam a couple years down the road. My PC is pretty old now but the game doesn't look like it'll be that intensive to run.

Also there's no way this game doesn't launch with an updated "paid mod" system, so that's not much of a draw for me until I can see the specifics/am proven otherwise.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

My gut says PC but my outdated rig says Ps4.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@mb said:

I don't own consoles, so PC, but for me, mods are what made Fallout 3 from a great game into one of my absolute favorite games. Anyone who has only played the console versions of Fallout 3, or who has only played the game without mods, is truly missing out.

If Fallout 4 is as moddable as it's predecessor was, then the clear choice would be the PC version for anyone who is capable of running it.

Am I crazy for assuming we'll get Steam Workshop support this time around?

For me, depending on how this year shakes out, I may or may not have a good PC. I'd happily play this on PS4 but Fallout very especially has always had a great modding scene, so PC is the place to play for me.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish. And who knows, maybe this will be the game in which Bethesda and Valve try their hand at paid mods again. If so, I just hope they do it right next time.

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Haven't even bought any of the new consoles because all I use it PC so... PC.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 unless I am able to get a good PC by the time it releases.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@mb said:
@geraltitude said:

I wish. And who knows, maybe this will be the game in which Bethesda and Valve try their hand at paid mods again. If so, I just hope they do it right next time.

Oh yeah I had nearly forgotten about that... This is probably the game to try that out with again. Cross your fingers!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mike

PS4 unless I am able to get a good PC by the time it releases.

You're probably got a couple of years!

Just kidding... or am I?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I play it it'll be on PC. I can't stand playing Bethesda games without mods. But if they try to lock the modding community down to the Steam Workshop(which I half expect they will), I'm out.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't think I can ever play a Bethesda RPG on a console ever again. I went back to New Vegas shortly after I got a PC so I could write down my favorite guns and... yeesh.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC because that's where I like to play my Bethesda RPGs. I really should look into upgrading my rig though since everything in it is at least 4 years old.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC. I need the mods...

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I mean, it's a bethesda softworks open world game. Playing it on anything but PC is lunacy.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox One because, well that's the only console I have.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 4 is right there in the title!

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TanookiSuit

Given Bethesda's track record on Sony consoles, I'm hoping for a smooth PS4 launch since I only have a PS4 and a laptop, which is awful for most games currently. Played Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion and Skyrim all on the 360 last gen and I don't plan on picking up an Xbox One.

PS4 is structured much differently than the PS3 was, so here's hoping.

What's the engine situation with Fallout 4? If it's still Gamebryo, hopefully it's been torn down and completely rebuilt or something entirely new since Skyrim because holy crap...put that baby out to pasture.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I have an Xbox One but my I my PC is still holding strong so I will get it there.

Its crazy that I bought an Xbox One just to play with my cousin but oh well.

TerminatorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TerminatorZ

God bless the PC, for it is a well-bless'ed platform.

@mb said:

Either it's really amazing or you're overselling it! I mean, how could mods change Fallout that radically? I put 10 hours into F3 and disliked it, then years later put 40 hours into F:NV, and I modded the hell out of Skyrim, but I can't think of how mods can affect a Fallout game as much as you say. So tell me!

CouldbeRolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CouldbeRolf

If I upgrade my PC I'd probably get it there, but for now I'd say PS4.

I don't care for mods mostly. I usually install them, think "huh, that's neat", then never touch the game again.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what this would look like if the question were "For those of you with options, what will you get it on."

Like in my head the advice for these games is first and foremost, play it on what ever you can..but play it on PC if you've got the option. I wonder if people tend to feel the same way or not.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mike

@terminatorz:

I'll get you started and point you in the direction of the Fallout 3 Wanderers Edition mod - this is the most popular complete gameplay overhaul that most people use.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/2761/?

• Richer character development + RPG experience where SPECIAL, skill, and Perk choices matter more
  • Faster paced and more unforgiving combat for an enhanced FPS experience
  • Greatly improved the "survival" aspect of the game, including injuries, loot rarity, and daily needs
  • New equipment and a complete rebalance of all weapons, armor, and other gear
  • Improvements to the diversity, character, and behavior of many actors, factions, and creatures
  • Overall a more immersive game experience
  • In-game "Control Panel" and optional modules allow you to configure FWE to your preferred playstyle
  • Compatiblity support for other popular mods including MMM, WMK, EVE and Project Beauty

There are a whole host of other mods, both gameplay and graphics, that can really enhance the Fallout 3 experience in many different ways. Honestly though, going through the pros and cons of modding or what mods are the best, or what may "convince you" that mods are what made the game for me isn't really something I'm interested in doing, or have the time to do. Start digging and check out some mods for yourself, it's all inherently subjective anyway. Hopefully you will find some that you find interesting enough to warrant giving them a try!

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By falling_fast

i probably won't. that trailer was meh and fallout 3 wasn't great.

i will get the obsidian entertainment sequel if they're asked to make another one tho

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LarryDavis

GameFly the PS4 version to play it the first time, then buy it and all the DLC on PC for like 5 dollars in a couple of years.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Karkarov

Same one I get every game on that isn't a console exclusive. PC.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lukeweizer

I'm going to be logical and not decide now, but in fact wait till it's released and see how each platform performs.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By HH

ps4.

mods are great n'all, but when i'm in the mood for some Oblivion i usually opt for the vanilla on my 360 over the heavily modded version on my pc. i just prefer the console experience.

TerminatorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: Holy shit that's something!

Well, I do have much more tolerance towards Bethesda games today than back in 2010, and I do want to finish F3 before the new F4 is out (just like I played Oblivion before Skyrim was out), so hey, I think I'm gonna install F3 after Witcher 3 is over, and that mod you recommended!