User Lists: 4

Nick valentine fucking rules

larsmonsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think Nick is the best. I actually like the stories he have and his commentaries are gold.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only met Dogmeat and Codsworth so far, but I really like playing the game and having an indestructible dog following me everywhere.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cait. She's my new Whiskey Rose.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nick/Curie/Cait

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only got Dog, Strong and Nick Valentine so far but they honestly just get in my way. The dog is especially bad at this; running around my character and blocking my movement in firefights, small rooms, etc.

Strong is pretty cool though. Even if he doesn't like it when I crack open safes.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Of the ones I've found so far Dogmeat and Pat MacCready.

Dogmeat is adorable and MacCready fits my, let's call him "morally ambiguous" character perfectly.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only used the dog, mostly because he can wear goggles, a bandanna and dog armor. Also he's adorable.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lone Wanderer!

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who types anything other than Dogmeat I will assume is drunk and on a rampage.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Substance_D

The dog because even if I'm dumb enough to tell him to stay somewhere and forget about leaving him there, he's smart enough to find his way back to me.

Salvationtwist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I lost dogmeat so i hang with nick and dence

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Honest Dan be a companion?

HolocaustWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been using Piper the most. I don't know why though.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not much for companions so I just stick with Dogmeat to be able to use the Lone Wanderer perk. Though he is very skilled at getting in the way of looting, doorways, cover etc.. One of these days he's gonna get left behind.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been mostly running with Curie. I don't really need all the free stimpacks but it's a nice thing to have.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lone Wanderer ftw.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By NeverGameOver

Really enjoying MacCready (voiced by Matthew Mercer of Critical role). I originally wanted to play a pure evil character but the game hasn't offered enough dialogue options for me to go down that path, so my guy is more of a sarcastic and charismatic "looking out for number 1" merc. MacCready fits that well and particularly seems to enjoy it when I shake questgivers down for max caps. He also remind me the most of of locals that I know around here (Boston). And his perk (increased head shots in VATS) is also awesome.

joetom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been traveling around with Piper a lot. I really like the whole "intrepid reporter of the wastes" thing she's got going on.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dogmeat because he's the only companion who I've got that doesn't whinge when I steal. I really liked Hancock until he started whinging about my petty theft.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baronsamedi: go get maccready. He loves it when you steal and/haggle.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nevergameover: Yea but Maccready is that stupid kid turned mungo from F3. I wanted to kill him in F3 and I couldn't. They bring him back as an adult AND I STILL CAN'T!

Antikythera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't need no stinking companions. I am alone..

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baronsamedi: Who cares? He was like 10. I've never met a 10 year old boy who wasn't annoying. This character is nothing like that.

silversaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By silversaint

I think there are quite a lot of good ones, so much so that I feel overwhelmed as compared to previous games with companions now that I have found a ton of them. I feel its much closer to a mass effect set of companions and number, but you can only choose one instead of 3. My biggest gripe with companions is the first 6 you will generally meet are "good", outside of dogmeat whom I assume is neutral. The bad/neutral companions are...there, but I wish they just introduced one much earlier...I spent over 40 hours before I found my first one as they are mostly tightly clustered in a certain map area and I explored...everything else first.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Piper a lot, her comments tend to give some good flavor on various locales in the city. "We're walking into Boston Common, Blue. People don't come back from here."

Cait's pretty damn useful though. She actually opened a master lock for me on her first try.

I've finally met Hancock after putting off the main quest for quite a while, and he seems cool too.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Me. myself, and I. Lone Wanderer perk FTW.

That, plus I find the companion AI intolerably stupid. After about the tenth time Dogmeat ran blindly into a building and alerted every single enemy, or stepped on the mine I was trying to disarm and blew me up, I decided he wasn't worth the trouble. And the humanoid companions aren't much better. The only mystery Valentine should solve is why he keeps shooting straight into walls.

Xdeser2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Xdeser2

Im not super far in yet, but Codsworth is my guy robot at the moment. He's like a rougher, snarkier C-3PO whose not afraid to use a buzzsaw to slice a mutant in two.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kept Dogmeat but he gets in my way a lot and only serves as a brief enemy magnet before getting wrecked. Useless dog! I would of taken Codsworth if I knew he gave me water. Dogmeat does shit.

BigSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My weapon is the only companion I need. Also I really need to advance the story. I'm like 20 hours in and haven't met any companions beyond Dogmeat, Codsworth and Piper.

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been impressing Codsworth a lot but still havent gotten the perk for maxing out, how much does it take?

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Whitestripes09

Cait is so badass. She hits like a sack of bricks, but I just wish I didn't have to be an asshole for her to like me. Oh well I'll just see if I can win her over with my lock picking skills.

Nick is pretty great, his commentary is both interesting, but no so much in your face like the others. He's a real chill dude that I'd get a drink with and without getting into spoiler territory, he's probably one of the most helpful companions story wise.

I thought Piper was going to be the annoying one, but I really dig her as well. I like the idea of a journalist following you around the wasteland who would probably write up your whole story after everything's over. It's too bad she's so weak in combat though.

Nick for me is probably my most useful as of now. I don't have that many skills invested into Hacking, so he comes in handy when I need a terminal higher than advanced difficulty to get hacked.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By donchipotle

Piper. She's like Hildy from His Girl Friday and she and my Sole Survivor are plucky charismatic adventurers searching for the big scoop. It's rad.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cool thing about Piper too is that occasionally she'll stop and ask NPCs journalist-y questions when you're in a major settlement. I was expecting that to be limited to Diamond City but she also did it in Vault 81.

clush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I maxed out Deacon who is a cool dude (not only because he changes outfits every time you turn your back) and now I'm rolling with Piper which I'm enjoying as well. Once I get her bonus I'll probably go back to Valentine. I would run solo because they tend to (quite literally) get in the way more than help out, but I found the backstories of the companions to be very well done and worth putting up with their gameplay antics for.

brophdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoy Curie. She has a weird perspective and speaks up quite a bit.

Stef_QA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's got to be Valentine for me. I wont spoil his ability but he's been very handy at making a part of the game I despise much easier.

Also, in my opinion he is one of the best Fallout characters I've ever known. Everything about his persona, his backstory (or lack thereof) and his interaction during main quest missions makes me love having him around.

I also quite liked Paladin Danse, if you play through the BoS quests he has a pretty fucking interesting part to play.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cait and Valentine.
Cait because she's a fiery Irish redhead that does sick judo throws.
Valentine because he's basically Deckard.

Dogmeat is still waiting at that gas station waiting for someone to finally talk to him. Shame.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cait is drugged up and suplexing raiders with a Power Fist and I'm all about it.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Mine is Dogmeat because he has goggles and a skull bandanna on.

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure this deserves its own thread so slight side-jack: Seems like the facial animation in this game is *real* hit-and-miss. Do you have a favorite companion or NPC based on their facial performance?

(minor spoilers about 5 or 10 hours in depending on how much you dilly dally around. Can't use spoiler tag because I'm on a phone)

Mine is Nick. For not being a human being he sure emotes and lip-syncs really well.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitzgerald: My favorite is based on bad performance and that's Mama Murphy. Her facial animations are magical.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

So far, it has to be Nick Valentine. I just love his 40s film noir caricature and his look. I've always loved the look of humanoid A.I. with some robotic insides showing.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have a favorite one, but I have a companion question: does anyone know anything about the other dog companion you can get? There is a strange, timid wanderer you can encounter name Gwen (not sure if it's random), and he will sell you a dog. He seemed reluctant to sell, but I bought the dog and now it's just chillin' at one of my settlements, but I feel like there is more to him. When I scanned Gwen in VATS, he had a skull next to his name (I was at level twenty-five).

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whichever one is sworn to carry my burdens.

Avatar image for tavistavistavis
tavistavistavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cait is my favorite, she is indeed the new whiskey rose. Plus she likes it when I pick locks, so naturally a match made in heaven.

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Piper and Curie

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rolling with Curie now and she has a way more interesting character arc than I would have expected.

cooperb212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By cooperb212

Nick is my favorite companion in any fallout game. If i was playing a more mean badass character i would use strong and cait more but they just hate everything i do atm playing the nice guy.