Shocker: The ultrawidescreen support isn't very good

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

That's according to Reddit, so take it as you will. Apparently the official 21:9 support for FO76 basically consists of stretching the game from 16:9 out to 21:9 without any or many other modifications, which is most noticeable in menus. That's...not ideal. I can't say I'm necessarily surprised considering how they never got around to adding 21:9 support in Fallout 4, and I was certainly suspicious when they said they were going to patch 21:9 into FO76 after it launched, but it's still disappointing!

I don't really mind playing at 16:9 with black bars if that's the only option but it's a bummer when games just stretch out to fill the screen rather than doing native widescreen. The Nioh port was another one that did this.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By monkeyking1969
We make the videoed-games! Daddy's gun tastes like pennies...
We make the videoed-games! Daddy's gun tastes like pennies...

When it comes to this series and it producers, I think this is their best mascot...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It's kind of bewildering really. I don't know what the actual financial situation of Bethesda is but I always assumed that from all those Skyrim and Fallout sales they were doing alright. To have so little pride in your work though.. I dunno. They keep pushing the envelope on what can be acceptably sold for full price. With the forward messaging that this game will be buggy from the get-go it almost, just almost feels like they're wearing this horrible reputation for buggy games as a badge of honor.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Well, color me shocked!