Anyone tried the demo yet? It sure feels good!

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By armaan8014

Yeah well, at least in a relative sense. It's an improvement over 16, but most of the core of the gameplay still feels like 16, despite the game shifting over to the Frostbite engine. That is not necessarily a bad thing though (especially if you don't expect much more than that anymore)

Some of the things I noticed:

• The game is very pacey now. Players sprinting/ dashing actually feel like they're running fast. In this aspect, it's much more closer to reality than before.
  • The pacey-ness actually causes players to tire out extremely fast. Use that sprint wisely.
  • Free kicks, corners, penalties etc are super enjoyable, and more tactical now thanks to the new system.
  • The training mini games before the matches are even better now, and actually support multiplayer if you've got additional controllers plugged in!
  • "The journey" mode looks really exciting. Best part is that you can play as a team also, if you don't want to play that in be a pro mode. Whatever you do with Hunter when selected will be counted towards the objectives.
  • Some of the dumb things like players not immediately reacting to loose balls are still there. That FIFA stupidity is reduced, but it still exists. The flaws will open up to me more as I play it more.

Overall it feels like a decent upgrade for a FIFA game, and I'd rather play this than 16. I'm super excited for the journey mode as well - that's something I've dreamed about for years.

The game also runs pretty decently on modest systems. Here's gameplay of it running on my laptop that has a GT 650m card on low settings.

What do you think? FIFA or PES this time?

Check out the multiplayer skill games -

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I enjoy the odd football game and this year is shaping up to be a good one. PES has been getting the strongest reviews I ever remember a football game ever getting with many critics saying it's the best PES game EVER released (which isn't a statement thats made lightly with the PS2 games being held in such high regard) but this Fifa sure looks good, think I might buy both this year.

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I preordered because I know I'm going to play the new FIFA no matter what. Manager mode is my podcast/watching a thing/listening to music game. Glad to hear they've made improvements to the gameplay and it's not all going into FUT stuff.

stinger061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

After buying every FIFA game since the launch of the PS3 I finally skipped 16 and I have to say I will almost certainly move to an 'every 2 years' purchase for all my sports games from now on. There is only so much they can do with each new iteration but jumping to this having played 15 for the past couple of years feels like a genuine step up in quality across the board.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Getting away from the FUT stuff makes me more interested in this. I was always a fan of the career mode, and that got shafted hard throughout the years. Hopefully Fifa 17 will shift it back into focus.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By armaan8014

@stinger061: That's true. While I felt there to be a slight improvement I'm sure you'll see a big difference from 15.

PES has been getting the strongest reviews I ever remember a football game ever getting with many critics saying it's the best PES game EVER released

I haven't been keeping up with PES news this year because Fifa's new career mode had sealed the deal for me as soon as it was announced. But if that's the case, I'll definitely think of trying it out!

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@triviaman09: @onemanarmyy: Manager mode is definitely my favorite too! Hope that sees a big overhaul in terms of transfers, scouting etc as well

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So with Danny leaving GS no FIFA 17 QL ?

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By shades846

So when is the US relase date ?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

So when is the US relase date ?

Tomorrow I think. As usual, the rest of the world who actually care about football have to wait till Thursday.

BaconyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By BaconyBacon

Pleasantly surprised (low expectations helps).

Positives:

Finally being able to hit low driven shots and downward headers is very satisfying.

The game feels more physical with the shielding mechanic. Players tussle in the box, and the shield button also allows you to bring the ball down with your chest for some decent hold up play.

In manager mode you can instruct your striker to play as a false 9 (yipppeee)

I played some of the Journey. Was kinda fun to have Klopp patting my guy on the touch line. (Feel the Klopp love) Oh, and Alex Hunter's dad is a dick!

They've streamlined the pro-clubs leveling. No more trying to score 3 volleys outside the box just to level up your damn shooting by 1. 'xp' seems gained mostly from your match-rating, and you get a few skill points to specialize your player.

Negatives:

All the regular stupid FIFA bs we all know and love, don't need me to tell ya. Same questionable AI tactics (although the CPU doesn't seem to blast as many long range shots as before)

The new headers are cool but probably OP.

The financial stuff they added in manager mode seems superficial, pointless, and annoying.

Conclusion:

It's FIFA, bruh!