Do you actually want to play the remake?

• 165 results
L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

Poll Do you actually want to play the remake? (1278 votes)

Yes 68%
No 23%
Show Results 9%

Just wanted to see a show of hands from the community... Do you want to play a remake of FF7?

• 
ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Absolutely. Can't wait. Really curious to see how the execution on this comes together.

KentonClay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Yep, I'm interested to see what they change from the original game.

I'm preeetty worried that they'll sand off everything that made the game interesting and turn it into overly-sleek tryhard-y garbage like Advent Children or FF13.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Yes, even if it doesn't turn out great I'll still play it just to compare it to the original myself.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I really want to play it. A lot. Even if it's disappointing I still want to play it. If it's disappointing I'll still play the original on the Vita.

Sidoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Definitely. I don't expect it to live up to my personal expectations, but I will still enjoy seeing my favorite game of all time redone.

balrogsbain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes, I never finished disk 2 on the ps1 version so it gives me a change to play and see what the fuss is all about

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, part of the original's charm for me lied in the piss-poor polygonal models allowing me to fill in the blanks that Square has since filled in with some of the most egregiously awful character design ever. I imagine it'll look like the shit show that was Advent Children. No thanks. Personally, I'd be more interested in a demake where they turn VII into a 16-bit looking sprite based game (with no load times!) a la the Final Fantasies before VII. I'd play that!

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing that trailer, absolutely.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I've never played it so, yeah sure, I'd give a remake a try.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never played the original, so maybe ?

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By wrighteous86

After what they've done with the setting in the Compilation FF7 stuff, I've lost all interest in the 7 "series".

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Nah, I'm good.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, why not?

It was an amazing experience the first time around and if they put the required level of work into it, the remake could be great.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By T_wester

I've never played a FF game it's not really my kind of thing so no.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

curious on how it goes. dont really care if I play it or not.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Marcsman

No. I wore out the discs the first time around. 300+ hours is good enough for me.

MaKiNbAcoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By MaKiNbAcoN

Yeah I do. I mean it's an almost 20 year old game. It deserves a remake. The original is a classic and honestly didn't age well mostly due to graphics in my opinion. Worse things have been remade and more recent things.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

i'll play it mostly out of curiosity and to see how much of the old game is still intact.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'm pretty curious to see how they'll modernize that game. I've often wondered what a modern-day remake of a classic SNES JRPG would be like (particularly FFVI) and this is not far from that concept, so yeah, color me very interested.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By hassun

My initial reaction would be "Hell No!" but I'm mature enough to reserve judgement until the final product is here.

If they try to tie it in to the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII/Advent Children at all I will most likely never ever play it though. And with Tetsuya Nomura at the helm my fear of this happening is at an all-time high. I don't even want any of the designs from that shitty film anywhere near the game.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#22  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Yeah, I'll play it. The original game is... hard to look at, to say the least.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never finished the original. Sure i'll play it.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely. Give me your hate anti-FFVII people, I feed off of it!

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell-fucking-yeah! I get to watch Aerith die in HD!...wait...we have to watch Aerith die in HD. NOOOOOOOOOOO TAKE IT BACK! My body isn't ready!

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That kinda sorta exists!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM57S1DsSAY

@sinusoidal said:

Personally, I'd be more interested in a demake where they turn VII into a 16-bit looking sprite based game (with no load times!) a la the Final Fantasies before VII. I'd play that!

While it's very awesome that fans patched the bootleg 8-bit Hong Kong version of FFVII into something more complete and more "fair," that thing is still hard as balls to make any progress in after the first Mako reactor. I gave it a spin last year and battles took forever for not enough payoff.

As for the official Remake, yeah I'll give it a spin one day to see another take on the Midgar Bladerunner dystopia.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By brandondryrock

I never played FF7, but I've always heard it is one of the best games of all time, so I'm interested in playing it.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes never played the original past the first hour mark,was not my copy of the game and i was not into that kind of RPG back then,or any kind really, but at the time it looked soooo good that i wanted to try. now i am ready . maybe .

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure. I'm interested to see what sort of changes they'll make to a game that'll be 20+ years old by the time the remake hits shelves.

zedprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would rather they did not make it but now that they are I must insist on being a part of the shit show by playing it. I can't wait to see what sort of nonsense comes out of trying to navigate the minefield that has been put in the way by the last 20 years of gameplay developments and social awareness.

astrozombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ry_Ry

This is nice for the people who want it, but I can't help but feel that I'd just rather them make a new DQ or something.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will check it out when comes out.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be fine if they didn't make it, but since it's actually getting made, then sure, I'll probably play it as long as it sticks somewhat close to the original game. FF7 is in my top 10, despite the hate it gets, and I haven't played it in over 10 years, so I'd be happy to revisit it.

I'd put it in the same bucket as the FF4 remake for DS.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

As someone who has never played Final Fantasy VII (I only had an N64 during that generation), I would be interested in at least trying out a remake, especially since the originally apparently does not hold up at all.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zirilius

Hell no! There are so many better Final Fantasy's that could be remade and they picked the bottom of the barrel. Give me a Final Fantasy Mystic Quest remake before this hot garbage.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I'm more interested in seeing what mini games they put in Golden Saucer this time around, but yeah sure I'll play it despite the misgivings I have over it's production. More importantly FFVII needs better side content overall because compared to the other 3D games, most of the side stuff was quite bad. Maybe this time they'll make all the characters useful in unique ways instead of making some of them have good limit breaks and everyone else have super pointless ones. I really want to know what they plan on doing with that bunk ass battle system and in what ways they'll choose to update it.

ei8htbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely curious to see what they do with it. For example, from an art and camera standpoint will they stay true to the original and incorporate top-down HD pre-rendered set-pieces for the backgrounds of the world exploration scenes with static "screens" you navigate around (but with beautiful HD art assets) or are they just going to re-use the same graphics engine from FFXIII and have the entire game set in third-person 3D with full modern camera controls? And does something get lost in the translation if they just make it another 3D FF world since the way you explore a world with top-down pre-rendered "scenes" is entirely different than 3rd-Person 3D with rotating camera, etc.

Same goes for the battle system, will they stay closer to the original ATB or change it up a bit to be more in line with modern versions of that kind of system?

I guess in my mind, my preference would be to keep the Top-Down, Static backgrounds (with updated high-res interpretations of the original art) since it kind of keeps the unique way you explore that world in tact - but upgrade the ATB system to feel more dynamic and updated to modern standards. Either way I'm curious to see how they tackle this remake (and inevitably upset some fans in the process since it's likely impossible to please everyone with so much hype and expectation surrounding it).

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

FFX was the first Final Fantasy I'd played. I really enjoyed it, so I tried to go back afterwards and play FF7 because of how renowned it was. I couldn't hang with it. Visually it was just really hard to look at, I lasted maybe an hour. I will happily play this remake.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. It's one of my favorite games and I haven't played it for like 7 years.

Joe423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Joe423

I'm really interested to see how they change it and make that game work now.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't particularly want to, but I probably will just out of curiosity. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about that for 5-6 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming I had a PS4, then definitely yes!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes goddamnit! I wouldn't mind an 8 remake as i never actually beat it, or any after 7 actually.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm definitely curious on how they are going to handle it. So yeah I will play it. Knowing the first game in and out like I do though, I expect a lot of the magic to be gone just by virtue of being different at all.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, I don't even think the game is that good relative to other Square properties but I did play it when I was young so it'll be interesting to see the differences.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm not like, way hyped for it or anything, but I would like to play it.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Yeah. I do. Pretty badly. My one hope is that they eliminate the excruciatingly long summons and allow you to zip right through them, sorta like you could in later games. And maye eliminate random encounters in favor of seeing enemies on the field.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never played more than a few hours myself, watched a friend play a fair bit though, I'm looking forward to it