Do you actually want to play the remake?

• 165 results
L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

Poll Do you actually want to play the remake? (1278 votes)

Yes 68%
No 23%
Show Results 9%

Just wanted to see a show of hands from the community... Do you want to play a remake of FF7?

• 
Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

FF7 and 8 were a big thing to me growing up. Absolutely.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Gruff182

The best part about this remake, is that the people who will enjoy it the most, are the people who are indifferent about the whole thing and never cared for a remake in the first place.

The lunatics who put this game on a pedestal and have been screaming all these years for a remake, have unreasonably high expectations. Any change beyond a graphics overhaul, will cause outrage and the changes will be vast!

So it's lose lose, unless of course, you don't give a shit, you'l have a great time.

Avatar image for soimadeanaccount
soimadeanaccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A likely yes or should I say I would want to if I can find the time for it when/if it comes out.

Although that interest level will go down if it really is just a graphic upgrade with everything identical. Sure I know there are people who want just that, but I can almost picture that game in my head already. Same battle system, same world...minus the wacky stuff.

I want to see what SE have in mind for something like this. They got to know this is a big deal they haven't been hitting with the game play system lately. Everytime they do something new part of it ended up back firing. Maybe this is one aspect they might revert to original. Everything else I want to see what they imagine it to be. Even as a case study if it goes down in flame.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By DukesT3

If they update the battle system then yeah, if its the same, nooooo way. I'll just watch the cut scenes on youtube.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#105  Edited By Atwa

Nah, they will change it so much and I have played the game.

dasin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely, I can`t wait it was a fantastic game!

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I think it's pretty cool 'cause a lot of people really do love FF7 but what I don't like is Square announcing before FF15 comes out. Announce a game and get it out in a reasonable time for god's sake. I was a big Square fan but last gen they really disappointed because their development seemed like a fucking mess and I worry not much as changed.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah, sure. I never actually beat FF7.

I got to Sephiroth but didn't have Knights of the Round, and after a few times losing I figured I dun fucked up and just looked up the ending. I had zero interest in going back to breed chocobos to get the damn thing.

But I quite liked it anyways! The whole modern grunge city with fantasy-ass fantasy was totally fresh and rad to me as a youngin. Didn't much care for Cloud though.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Do I want to play a remake? Absolutely! But I do fear that this road can only lead to disappointment. Remakes are tough to get right. Just look at all the shitty remakes of hollywood movies. And considering the amount of stuff in FF7 I am incredibly wary that it's going to be impossible to remake it in such a way that it stays true to the original while bringing the whole thing into the current generation. It seems like a monumental task and I think that a lot of what made the original so endearing is likely going to be lost in the remake.

I haven't finished any Final Fantasy games since 8 and the last one I tried playing was 10 when it was originally released. So even if this remake is perfect in every way, I fear that when I play it that I will realize that these games are not for me anymore. And do I want that? Do I want to ruin my memory of this game that way?

So many questions, so few answers!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've tried twice now to get into the game, once back in 1998 and again a year or so ago. I thought it was okay, but it didn't pull me in. I do see potential there though, so yes I am hoping that a new coat of paint will help me get past the barrier which has kept me from progressing through the game. I've always had a problem with how one part of the game looks one way and the cut scenes and such look another. Perhaps if they're more unified like in later FF games, I won't find the differences so distracting.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I might get it on sale just to see if they managed to make it tolerable. Like, fix the horrendous localization and VO, stuff like that. Maybe there won't be 25 minute long completely pointless summon animations anymore.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do, FF7 was a key part of my deep fall down the Video Game chasm. I'd like to see if my hospital days' fond memories of it are 'warranted' or if it really was total garbage like I've heard more and more people vehemently claim around me as of late.

BranKetra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FFVII is one of my favorite games of all time. I would definitely like to see a modern version of this story.

redking56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the idea of remaking an RPG, I can't even think of one that was completely remade apart from the DS adaptions that were pretty much just 3D ports. But I'm curious to see what they'll do.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I've never played the original FF VII, and never really felt the desire to. Most FF fans I know say VII is overrated and VI is the real deal. So I gave VI a shot and it didn't really click for me to invest the time these RPGs take. I won't say I'd never play VII or its remake, but it's at the bottom of a list of revered classic games I'd play for archaeological purposes.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Where's my FFXII remake?

sirkibble2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to play it. I've never had significant time with it, so playing it in a remade form doesn't sound like a bad proposition.

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118  Edited By nicolenomicon

I love FF7, so yes! I'm just kinda worried about what things they will and won't change.

DurMan667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm going to say yes, but honestly I'm planning to wait and see what the combat system turns out to be.

Netherdiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to play it, but I know It's going to sound and look like a Final Fantasy from 2015, and that's not going to be as great as the FInal Fantasy 7 I played when I was 14 and still impressionable.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, though I will try to convince myself for months that I don't really want or need it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Yeah. Mostly because as a person that played through FF7 a year ago I recognize that the original has some pretty major flaws and is a pretty terrible jrpg by today's standards. I feel like the people that are going to be upset are those expecting it to be just like the original, in which case you should just play the original (ps. Ooooooh boy does it not hold up as you remember).

stokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No Caption Provided

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By BasketSnake

FF7 is my favorite videogame so yes.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Twiggy199

Yeah, it's gonna be interesting to see how they pull this off. I bought FFVII on Vita but I thought it'd best be left as a memory rather than forcing my way through an old ass game. I'm not really a big FF fan but I'm weirdly excited for "World of Final Fantasy" as well. I'd never heard of Final Fantasy when I was younger I ended up with VII well into the PS2 cycle as it was fairly cheap and we were quite poor, that game lasted me until I got my O.G XBOX, I think that's why VII holds Such a dear place in my heart. God I'm blabbing. Yes, my answer is yes!.

EDIT: Oh and that music...

SomeguyJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be incredibly surprised if they keep the ATB system and have 0 interest in the game if they change it, so no.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irvandus said:

Yeah. Mostly because as a person that played through FF7 a year ago I recognize that the original has some pretty major flaws and is a pretty terrible jrpg by today's standards. I feel like the people that are going to be upset are those expecting it to be just like the original, in which case you should just play the original (ps. Ooooooh boy does it not hold up as you remember).

I also played through it last year (for the first time). Yeah, it's pretty rough. I can see why people liked it when it came out, but I'm definitely not on board with the remake. I wasn't a fan of the story, and I know that if there's one thing that WON'T be changed, that's it.

Ask me again when they announce a Xenogears remake.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#128  Edited By AlexW00d

16 year old me would fucking love it, but 24 year old me isn't really bothered.

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure! I only ever played to the end of the first disc and it's a pretty good game.

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never beat FFVII so I'm going through it now in anticipation for the remake! I felt it was the right thing to do. Honor the original first.

LordAmpersand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know I'll probably be crucified for this, but I just couldn't enjoy the original. Tedious combat and poor translation were just the tip of the iceberg for me. This remake will be my chance to finally play through the game.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I dislike the character designs.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

As someone who has never really played the game (I tried to play the PC version but even with the mods I couldn't stand the graphics) I actually am looking forward to playing the remake

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#136  Edited By Nick

I've never played but have always wanted to, and I've enjoyed a couple other jrpgs, so I'm excited to try it.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

I'm just curious how long it will take for the game to come out. They just broke ground on this game, yes? Look at how long Final Fantasy XIII Versus / XV is taking. This could be a while, IF they don't cut corners.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Final Fantasy VII was my Fellowship of the Ring (book) as a kid. I played the opening section several times and enjoyed it, but didn't go all in with a PS1 RPG until FF VIII (one of my first in general other than Chrono Trigger, really) and it was always hard for me to go back to VII when there was VIII, Xenogears, and a slew of RPGs that seemed to have taken the technical advances of VII and put them to much better use. Plus the game just didn't seem as fun outside of the opening factory sequence.

But one summer I vowed to myself to finally beat VII, and ended up getting way more hooked into it than I thought. Unfortunately, I was so eager to beat it I trapped my party in the final dungeon between a boss fight and a ton of monsters that were kicking my ass without enough healing items to survive the final bosses nor fight my way back up out of the dungeon to level up a bit and restock. So even when I fell in love with the game, I still couldn't get to the finish line.

So...basically not only am I curious what changes they might make to a game that's woefully out of date and in many ways out of touch with 2015, I'm also really curious what that game looks like on modern consoles, how invested they're really going to be in recreating the awe-inspiring (yes, kids) graphics of the game for a new generation and, well, I'd like to be able to say I finally beat the game. Even if it's a completely different version of it.

Havok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should've called it 'Final Fantasy VII: Re-Mako Edition' instead of plain old 'Remake'. It's baked right into the game for goodness sakes!

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Rigas

The first game was fine, I wasn't blown away with it the way the rest of the world was. I remember rage quiting the first time playing it because of Cloud cause couldn't stand that guy. I eventually forced myself replay it many years later ( about 13 years ago now). It was still a fine game, but I don't really intend to play it again.

I'm more curious to see how they do this remake and how they make changes and then how everyone may or may not explode in fan rage over it, than anything else.

I'd much rather all that time, effort and money be put into making a new modern game instead.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By matatat

I want to play it, I want to play FF VII again for that matter. Honestly I don't really expect it to have the same charm. But I still want to experience it.

The one thing I'm curious about is if it will have voice acting. Because I would sort of rather it not, unless they really devote time to getting it right.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will and I hope it is a lot like the Resident Evil Ramake. Where the game feels familiar, but new.

I hope the battle system is the same ATB turn based stuff but with improvements.

I hope that they keep all the weird goofy stuff in the game.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they don't change too much. I would prefer it if they stick as close to the original as possible but with better graphics. They need to have the same locations, the music needs to be the same although higher quality and the story needs to be the same. If they want to update the combat a bit then that is fine as long as it is good.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

A few days ago, I probably would have said no, but my roommate started playing through FF7 for his first time yesterday and it flipped some switch in my brain. Who would have thought that spending 60-70 hours on a game during some of the most formative years of childhood would have left such an impact?

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes. or at least i wanna check it out. but i could easily live without

naion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By naion

absolutely, im super excited. FF7 is one of my favorite games of all time. theres a lot that can go wrong, but im willing to put aside my cynicism for this. because the coming reunion may bring joy, it may bring fear. but let us embrace whatever it brings, for they are coming back.

bundle85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#147  Edited By bundle85

i'd be really interested to see what they do to the translation and how they fix the pacing

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By TravisRex

I say yes, but I wanna see a review first, or at least a concensus on wether the game is good or not. If it's super fan servicey in a weird way I won't want to play it.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#150  Edited By jacksukeru

Yeah, I'm interested. I've only ever gotten a short bit into FF7. Somewhere past the crossdressing scene and into the sewers.

More importantly, I just want to SEE what they'll do to it. A remake of this scope of an early 3D PS1 game doesn't come around...well, it hasn't happened at all yet. What the fuck is this game going to look like? How will it play? What will they change? As a thing, if it really is as big as a new game would be, it's going to be super interesting to see.