Letter from the producer: [link]

Lodestone post: [link]

Preorder page(s): [link], [link]

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

* Players Who Own FFXIV Version 1.0

Players who own FFXIV version 1.0 will not need to purchase the PC version of FFXIV: ARR and will be able to download the FFXIV: ARR software for free.

* Details on downloading the FFXIV: ARR software will be provided at a later date.

Furthermore, users who have version 1.0 registration codes that have not yet been registered will be able to register them and play FFXIV: ARR on PC at the start of the service.

* Players Who Own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition

Players who own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition will receive the FFXIV: ARR Collector’s Edition in-game bonus items (Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Behemoth Barding, and Coeurl Mount) for free. The in-game bonus items will be delivered via Moogle Letter when FFXIV: ARR launches.

* Players Who Have Fulfilled the Requirements of the Legacy Campaign

Players who have fulfilled the requirements of the Legacy Campaign will be able to take part in early access and play before the official start of service.

* Important Information for Customers Purchasing the PlayStation 3 Version

You will only be able to register one copy of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn for PlayStation 3 to a Sony Entertainment Network account. It is not possible to register or play two or more copies of the PS3 version on the same account even if you purchase additional software. Please note that only one Sony Entertainment Network account can be linked to a Square Enix Account.

* Logging into the Same Account on both Windows and PlayStation 3

Customers who own a copy of FFXIV version 1.0 and wish to use their account on the PlayStation 3 version will need to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 3 version. It will then be possible to use your characters on either platform by tying your existing service account to the PlayStation 3 version upon launching it for the first time. However, please note that your account will only be able to log into one platform at a time.

* Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade Service

The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to Collector's Edition status via the “FFXIV Service Center” website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.

* Characters that have already been created will be able to receive the items.

Playing with Multiple Characters at the Same Time

Click here for details.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

dot forget the awesome trailer^^

Loading Video...

This is how an mmo of the next gen should look like^^

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I already own the 1.0 CE (lol), but I preordered the ARR CE because I really want the artbook, DVD, and soundtrack. ARR's art and sound direction are great; such a step up over the original.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keres said:

I already own the 1.0 CE (lol), but I preordered the ARR CE because I really want the artbook, DVD, and soundtrack. ARR's art and sound direction are great; such a step up over the original.

Yeah I considering it too. Fuck that stupid Cup^^

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

@darji said:

@keres said:

Yeah I considering it too. Fuck that stupid Cup^^

You love dat cup, lmao

No Caption Provided

Marokai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I bought the first collector's edition, and I keep it as a reminder to never buy any more collector's editions of anything ever again.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Purchase Questions [Link]

Also, U.S. got totally screwed on the boxart.

No Caption Provided

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wish more than just the MMOs used this classic style. I'd play a SP game that looked like this in a heart beat. The monthly fee part makes it a hard sell, but I still want to want it.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I actually like the NA boxart. It follows the same "dude front and center" composition, but there's something appealing about it as a whole.

The Europe boxart would be better if the "Online" in the corner weren't there and if it weren't on straight white background. Though maybe it looks better without the white border separating the boxarts, cause it just looks empty and unfinished when placed between the two.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 7

Selling another collector's edition seems a bit icky to me. Especially considering how absolutely atrocious the game was originally. Why should I spend my money on this product at all? They should have just made it free to play after the disaster the original release was.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@minipato said:

@snakelinksonic said:

No Caption Provided

I actually like the NA boxart. It follows the same "dude front and center" composition, but there's something appealing about it as a whole.

The Europe boxart would be better if the "Online" in the corner weren't there and if it weren't on straight white background. Though maybe it looks better without the white border separating the boxarts, cause it just looks empty and unfinished when placed between the two.

The North American box is rather dull, not just for the single dude front and center, but going the CG render route instead of hand-drawn art. It's North American Box Art Design 101.

m1k3ines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Since i already bout the 1.0 CE i might as well come back for realm reborn. Curious to see how much better? it will be than before.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By devilzrule27

Why do they think they can still charge money for this?

Also that Japanese boxart is terrible.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m1k3 said:

Since i already bout the 1.0 CE i might as well come back for realm reborn. Curious to see how much better? it will be than before.

It is a total different game I play the beta.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MiniPato

@hailinel said:

@minipato said:

@snakelinksonic said:

No Caption Provided

The North American box is rather dull, not just for the single dude front and center, but going the CG render route instead of hand-drawn art. It's North American Box Art Design 101.

WELL I SAID I LIKE IT SO SCREW YOU!

But really, I think either CG or hand drawn can work, depends on how you use it. I like the art work on the Japanese box, but I don't think it's used effectively. It just looks cluttered and cramped. It may look good as a piece of art work or a poster, but it doesn't really work on the cover. It just comes off as very busy. Not that the collage of characters direction can't work, it certainly can. Just look at the Persona 3 art on the game manual. But in this case, it doesn't work for me.

Why do you think they can't? Should a sequel to a bad game be free? Cause that's basically what this game is. At least from what I hear, it's a completely different game from the original FFXIV.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minipato said:

@devilzrule27 said:

Why do you think they can't? Should a sequel to a bad game be free? Cause that's basically what this game is. At least from what I hear, it's a completely different game from the original FFXIV.

I think subscription MMO's are pretty much DOA. Especially considering the inflated sales world that square enix seems to think they are in.

Not saying the game itself should be free, though that wouldn't hurt, but monthly subscriptions are archaic.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MiniPato

@minipato said:

@devilzrule27 said:

I think subscription MMO's are pretty much DOA. Especially considering the inflated sales world that square enix seems to think they are in.

Not saying the game itself should be free, though that wouldn't hurt, but monthly subscriptions are archaic.

On that I'd have to agree. Subscriptions impose a time pressure wherein I feel like I have to play or else I'm just wasting money. I plan on purchasing it and playing for that first free month you get out of the box, but not sure about after that since it's pretty much butting up against the fall semester. I know some people do a monthly subscription instead of doing it by the year. But I feel like even if I'm playing on and off by the month, that's still money wasted when I'm not playing during the weekdays.

Whether they should charge based on the quality of the game and content, I'm not sure. I haven't played any subscription based MMO before so I'm not sure what makes an MMO sub-worthy or not. All I know is that I liked what I played of the beta test and I'd be willing to invest some time in the world they've built.

PontiusPyrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm really debating if i want a PS3 CE or just do the digital upgrade for my 1.0 copy. Leaning towards the latter since right now my PS3 is just connected to my computer monitor anyways but it would be the best way to justify the physical trinkets.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How difficult is this game to jump into for a new comer? Never played the original version? Really wanna check it out. I'll be using a gamepad if that makes a difference.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How difficult is this game to jump into for a new comer? Never played the original version? Really wanna check it out. I'll be using a gamepad if that makes a difference.

Unlike FFXI or even the first Version of the game. FFXIV is very user friendly and they have a great tutorial about it as well. In the beginning every quest you take will show and explain you something new. Also it works great with a gamepad as well but I prefer mouse and keyboard^^

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@kishinfoulux said:

Unlike FFXI or even the first Version of the game. FFXIV is very user friendly and they have a great tutorial about it as well. In the beginning every quest you take will show and explain you something new. Also it works great with a gamepad as well but I prefer mouse and keyboard^^

Gamepad support is fantastic.

i'm really debating if i want a PS3 CE or just do the digital upgrade for my 1.0 copy. Leaning towards the latter since right now my PS3 is just connected to my computer monitor anyways but it would be the best way to justify the physical trinkets.

I still don't know which one to get. The physical stuff does look like a nice bonus, but I'm already a Legacy member. If I buy the game all over again, I at least want to be able to give the code for the base game away to someone else if I want, but judging from some experiences with XI, I'm not sure how the keys will even be handled. Regardless if I get the box CE or not, I'll be able to do the digital upgrade though, which is nice.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kishinfoulux

@darji said:

@kishinfoulux said:

Sounds great. Wish I had gotten a chance to get into the beta, but I'm pretty excited to check it out when it releases. Thanks.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Give it 6 months, it'll be F2P by then.

nonforma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilzrule27 said:

This is so true, and it makes me so sad that I still feel bad for the game after what they did in the first place.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilzrule27 said:

Trying to make a sub game into a F2P one typically results in a system that feels stilted. They had a great opportunity to rebuild their game around a solid F2P model and they chose not to which is just going to lead to a poor implementation of it later and a lot of angry customers who shelled out a good chunk of change for the game.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Bad investment failed? Double Down!!!

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: I am pretty sure they will do an open Beta later on. So you will be able to check it out^^

As for Free to play: You guys need to know that FFXI is still subscription based and still have like over 500k subs and this game is pretty old. FFXIV will survive just fine because it is actually worth it. It is not only by far the best looking MMO but also very story heavy and content filled ones.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

I really wouldn't hold your breath if you're one of those people waiting for this to go F2P. I'd expect it to be scrapped entirely before that happens. A solid base of people willing to subscribe doesn't need to be extraordinarily high (like @darji says, its predecessor is still going strong over a decade later) not to mention the veterans and their reduced-fee Legacy accounts. I am however interested in seeing the kind of legs the game has after all the trial accounts, kiddies, and people otherwise too unwilling/cheap to pay the sub burn off.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Justin258

Re-releasing a very expensive game that failed pretty badly seems like a fool's errand, even if it is a very different game than it was before.

PontiusPyrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started playing after they had made most of the changes they could in 1.0 and it was actually enjoyable, so I'm more than willing to give it another shot in 2.0. The new director, yoshida, is far more enthusiastic and involved than Tanaka ever was, and I think that goes a long way towards why people are ready to give this another shot.

And before you think I just have bad taste, I played the original 1.0 beta and it was the least fun I've ever had in a video game.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Petiew

@darji: 500k seems way too high for XI, are you sure that's right? When I played about 2 years back one of the players I was talking to said there were maybe 1000-2000 players on our server. I'd imagine that's a fairly average amount over all of them.

Thanks for the release date, my computer is terrible so I'll be getting this on PS3. I've been waiting for a while for them to finally release it!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#32  Edited By Hailinel

Re-releasing a very expensive game that failed pretty badly seems like a fool's errand, even if it is a very different game than it was before.

Perhaps, but the fact that they've gone to as much trouble as they have to fix what was broken by pretty much redesigning the game from the ground up is a pretty bold move. Everything I've heard suggests that the new version is much, much better than the original, so hopefully it works out for them. Though the sad truth is that no matter what, Final Fantasy XIV was a major budget vacuum.

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

IS it completely a new game? like new areas and stuff?

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pontiuspyrite: There is a pretty strange minority on the beta forums that are very adamant about any change from the 1.2xx version from last year, and they seem to be scattered among those who just wanted XI 2.0/HD to begin with.

I've even heard of people who really loved the 2010 beta version...though I haven't actually met one.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nasos100 said:

IS it completely a new game? like new areas and stuff?

Yes. There is no resemblance anymore on these different areas. It is a total different map layout and style in different regions as well. Same goes for the battle and quest system.

as for the 500k that was the last number I heard yeah but it could have changed a bit. Maybe 300? but not less than that. Hell there are lot of subscriptions left for games liker Everquest 1. I think they even released an addon last year for that like 20 year old game?

The problem with all these newer MMOs that go free to play is that people basically everything the game has to offer in a week or so. So they get bored very quickly. FFXI was never like that. Maybe now I have not played it a long time.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Wow....I thought the PS3 version would never the light of day. I'll be getting, I've been wanting to try this game for years. I played FXI for a while on 360 and I had fun, I'm hoping this is just as good.

Nicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nicked

I really wouldn't hold your breath if you're one of those people waiting for this to go F2P. I'd expect it to be scrapped entirely before that happens. A solid base of people willing to subscribe doesn't need to be extraordinarily high (like @darji says, its predecessor is still going strong over a decade later) not to mention the veterans and their reduced-fee Legacy accounts. I am however interested in seeing the kind of legs the game has after all the trial accounts, kiddies, and people otherwise too unwilling/cheap to pay the sub burn off.

They definitely aren't designing themselves into a corner, though. FFXI couldn't go free to play because there's no vanity stuff. FFXIV has mounts and pets and vanity gear etc., which, while being part of a modern MMO, give them an out if subscriptions aren't hitting the mark. Every MMO has this F2P-failsafe built into nowadays, which is probably part of the reason they all seem so similar.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicked said:

@snakelinksonic said:

They definitely aren't designing themselves into a corner, though. FFXI couldn't go free to play because there's no vanity stuff. FFXIV has mounts and pets and vanity gear etc., which, while being part of a modern MMO, give them an out if subscriptions aren't hitting the mark. Every MMO has this F2P-failsafe built into nowadays, which is probably part of the reason they all seem so similar.

They have these because players go way to fast to the whole content. I do not believe this will happen with FFXIV so fast. Also another thing is that you basically only need one character to do everything. You cna even combine your skills which itself is great as well. FFXIV offers a lot of stuff that is different from your normal WOW clone and the FFXI and FFXIV is very loyal something again you will not get often in F2P games.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

Amazon pre-order pages are updating slowly but surely.

For PC [Link]

For PS3 [Link]

For PC (Digital) [Link]

Collectors Edition (Ps3) [Link]

I'm fairly certainly the collector's edition for PC is only available directly through Square's site, but I've been hearing bad things about the people that carry out the distribution (Digital River).

"The Collector's Edition includes The Art of Eorzea; The Waning of the Sixth Sun – Bonus Disc; The Sounds of Eorzea; One Time Password, additional security key; 5 Exclusive Artcards; Exclusive In-game Items include Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Coeurl Mount, and Behemoth Barding"

No Caption Provided

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warning. If you're playing on PC and want the digital in-game collector's edition bonuses, either use the digital upgrade or order the PS3 CE. This was posted today. [Link]

If you buy the PS3 collector's edition, you'll be able to receive the collector's edition items granted you register the PS3 version to your legacy account. However, if you purchase the Windows collector's edition, it cannot be registered to your account, as your legacy account is considered a pre-existing Windows account.

Legacy status accounts are still treated the same as standard edition accounts in FFXIV:ARR, so If you have no interest in the physical items that come with the collector's edition, and have no intentions of playing on the PS3, using the digital upgrade will allow you to receive the collector's edition items with your current account.