Is there a "pet class"?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

So long story short, in every rpg / mmo / whatever that has classes to choose from, I always play pet classes. I dont know why, theres just something about them. Is it the fact that Ive always had multiple pets all my life? Perhaps? Is it that im just a lazy fuck that likes to have pets to handle half the load? Maybe! Whatever the reason, I always find myself gravitating to pet classes (Warlock / Hunter in WoW, Witchdoctor in Diablo 3, Mechromancer in Borderlands 2, you name it).

So, is there a proper pet class in FF14? That will actually go a long way in my trying it out

TheAjarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes. Arcanist (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/game/armoury/magic/arcanist) and the job Summoner (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/game/jobs/summoner).

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Arcanist is the only pet class so far. I'd say they closest counterpart in wow terms would be the Warlock. Arcanist has a bunch of dots and debuffs and summons a Carbuncle. At level 30 you can either go into Scholar which is a more healing oriented Job, or Summoner which is a straight up pet Job that can summon the lesser forms (called Egi) of the classic Final Fantasy summons. Some pics here: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/510

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Arcanist is the only pet class so far. I'd say they closest counterpart in wow terms would be the Warlock. Arcanist has a bunch of dots and debuffs and summons a Carbuncle. At level 30 you can either go into Scholar which is a more healing oriented Job, or Summoner which is a straight up pet Job that can summon the lesser forms (called Egi) of the classic Final Fantasy summons. Some pics here: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/510

and these are permanent pets, or temporary spells?

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Zirilius

@rhaknar: Until we actually get to play its all speculation but it's probably going to be going to be one of two things.

• Similar to XI where each pet scales with your level but you have no control of what abilities it uses.
  • More akin to Warlock pets from WoW where the pet scales with character's level and you have control of what abilities it uses.

Hopefully we'll know once Phase 4 launches and Arcanist is finally playable.

ScreamingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ScreamingGhost

For now its just anarchist but I wouldn't be surprised to see Puppetmaster or Beastmaster eventually implemented into the game. Puppetmaster for the sole fact that the puppets from XI are already in XIV so it seems inevitable. Though if they are it will be far in the future.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope they add Puppetmaster eventually, I loved them in FFXI. It's by far my favorite class I've ever played in an online RPG.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zirilius said:

@rhaknar: Until we actually get to play its all speculation but it's probably going to be going to be one of two things.

• Similar to XI where each pet scales with your level but you have no control of what abilities it uses.
  • More akin to Warlock pets from WoW where the pet scales with character's level and you have control of what abilities it uses.

Hopefully we'll know once Phase 4 launches and Arcanist is finally playable.

You do control what abilities pets use in ffxi. As summnoer through blood pacts, as beastmaster through sic and ready, and as puppetmaster through maneuver/attachment manipulation.