Be sure to hop in the Discord for general help and guidance getting started.
With the 5.1 update, the Free Company now has space for newcomers again. Not only that, but Ultros is now considered a preferred world and with that, comes bonuses for new players. The the rest of this thread on joining the FC.
As of the 2.16 update, it's no longer necessary to stalk people online for invites to the Free Company. There are a few prerequisites to consider with the new method, though the benefit is that you no longer have to wait for someone to be online or feel like you're bothering them as a random stranger just asking for an invite.
Those prerequisites though...
- Your character will have to be made on the Ultros server of the Primal data center. Don't get too discouraged if you get a notification stating the server isn't currently accepting new characters. Ultros tends to vary wildly at times as a popular server. The following times is typically when character creation restrictions are eased and it's best to make a character on Ultros: 3:00 a.m./ 7:00 a.m./ 12:00 p.m./ 5:00 p.m./ 10:00 p.m. (PST).
- If you start in Limsa Lominsa, you'll only have to level to 5 first.
- Otherwise, if you start in Gridania or Uldah, you'll have to level to 15 first and follow your main story quest which gives you an airship pass to get to the Limsa Lominsa area (La Noscea).
- Once you've done either, make your way to Lower La Noscea. You're looking for Achtkoen, who's in Lower La Noscea.
- Next, you'll take the available quest called "Where the Heart Is". It's a short quest that only requires you to run around and talk to a few people, but when you're finished it grants you access to the housing area, known as The Mist. The quest takes you right to the entrance.
- Once you have access to The Mist it's just a matter of finding our lot now.
- The Giant Bomb house is in Ward 15 on Plot #2. Once you make it to the front of the gate you should find our house and there's a small plaque beside the archway entrance that looks like this.
When you interact with the plaque it will bring up the Free Company house profile which will look like this:
Now there should be a small magnifying glass button on the right-hand side of this window which will let you view The Free Company profile directly. Once you pull that up, there will be a window that looks like this:
At the bottom of this window there will be two options that read "Submit Application" and "Close", choose submit application and you're done. The next time an officer or leader is online, they'll approve it, and you'll be in the free company.
Of course, if you can make your way to the house, chances are some crazy fool of a member we already have will likely be jumping on our roof or running around in the yard nude. You can just as easily ask them instead, but like I said----this sidesteps having to engage with that madness up front. :P
Welcome, and enjoy!