Forza Horizon 3 and Windows store...Oh dear

tomgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, been very much looking forward to purchasing and downloading FH3 today, haven't really gamed via the Win 10 store before. Turns out if you purchase it you can't always download it! Anyone else having these problems? I'm currently in my 3rd different conversation with a microsoft chat dude...

£50 and no game...

Guybrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Guybrush

The first thing I thought of was do you have enough space on your C:\ drive?

By default the Windows Store downloads to your C:\ drive. You can change this by searching for "Default Save Locations" in the windows settings. You can change the "New apps will save to:" setting.

Might not apply to you, but I think this happened to me when I tried to download Quantum Break.

dewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you meet the listed requirements on the store page? Windows store simply will not allow you to download if you don't meet them, or if the store is unable to detect them. In particular, the game requires the Win10 Anniversary update.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I know reports of downloads restarting and other issues are widespread, so you're likely not alone but I think this is something where MS help may be the way (ie get your money back until community solutions appear or they officially patch the Store to fix some of these issues with being able to provide the download service people are paying them for).

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

First time user of windows store here. I had a complete nightmare getting the game to download. First it took me ages to find out how to download the game I just bought, then when I found it I kept on getting a "whoops something wrong on our end message", this was fixed by restarting my machine, then why I went to download the game it wouldn't find any of my other drives other than c: (which is a full ssd) until I reset again, then o finally downloaded it I went to run the game in the Xbox app and it kept on directing me to the store. Finally got it running by using geforce experience instead. First impression of the windows store, fast download speeds aside, it's highly negative. At least it isn't nearly as noticeable nor intrusive as other store fronts (at least when I worked out you could launch the game from anywhere) but holy hell the act of obtaining the game was painful.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Make sure you have the Windows 10 Anniversary update installed. I had to download the and update it manually when I did it to my own PC. The regular Windows Update wasn't pulling it down.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah i'm getting the whoops error around 18GB into the download, failed 5 times so i've given up for now, i'll try again in a couple weeks or something.
The lack of a download speed limiter ensures i can barely use the internet while it's trying to download so that's awesome...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

So what you guys are saying is I should buy the Xbone version.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I know that a missing speed limiter is a negative but where I am in Europe: I would so love for the WinStore to ever be where a limiter was an actual issue.

PC is generally fine. Steam seems like it has so much bandwidth that by basic fibre (50-80mbps) is never close to being all they can offer. Even the others (Uplay, GOG Galaxy, Origin, Epic Launcher) are up there with Steam for capping out my connection. WinStore or the Xbox Live downloads: not even close. Not by a mile. A wasteland of dribbling speeds. PSN is also often pretty bad but I'd say WinStore downloads are consistently the worst for me (friends on other ISPs have the opposite issue: PSN is a joke and WinStore is slow compared to PC competition but above PSN).

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@justin258: doesn't matter which version you buy as its cross platform if you buy it digitally

mrroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mrroach

Yeah, installing the Anniversary Update was required for me before the download option showed up. That update took several times longer than installing Windows initially. Pretty ridiculous.