Giant Bomb Club?

ArcadeSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does the club from FH3 carry over, or will we have to start a new one?

binarygod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on a quick look or other video, preexisting clubs will show up inside the game - that is, any club you can check out from the dashboard will also show up as a club in the game. Probably should confirm this elsewhere, though.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

They're tied to the cross-Xbox Club system now (while the FH3 ones were in-game clubs which were slightly different to the Xbox Club platform that you can look at anywhere, not just inside the game) so probably aren't porting over the previous clubs from FH3. If you can't find the current club from the Xbox dash (or Windows 10 app) then it's not a FH4 club and someone will need to start a new one.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I'd be interested, I dunno if anyone else would.

Darkaileron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Giantbomb club for FH3 probably extended my playtime of that game by 25-30 hours. I'm definitely in!

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

There is now a Giant Bomb club up and running. It's called "Giant Bomb."

shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the super mega ultimate privileged edition, so I got the game early. I plan to play this game a fair bit. I'll see about making a clan sometime later if the old one didn't transfer.

shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeff said:

There is now a Giant Bomb club up and running. It's called "Giant Bomb."

Ah, thank you, sir.

ZBurmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome. The club for 3 was actually rather active. I'll be there after work, duders.

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I can't wait until the plebs like myself can get my hands on this.

Vitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I caved and got the ultimate edition. Actually not a bad deal because it includes the upcoming expansions. I'll definitely be joining the GB club (it's crossplay with PC, right?)

KRiSX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just requested to join, looking forward to doing this all over again from 3!

Vitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, I didn't know these clubs have a limit of 25 people. Bummer because it's filled up and then some.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

How does one get an invite?

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shivoa

@vitz said:

Wow, I didn't know these clubs have a limit of 25 people. Bummer because it's filled up and then some.

As mentioned in the video review: You're looking for the Horizon Club called [BOMB] Giant Bomb. This is not a Horizon Team. The cap is 2000 members. Yes, both clubs and teams turn up in the Xbox Club interface, it's the one with the big limit and the shield (club) icon, not the H icon.

Vitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shivoa said:
@vitz said:

As mentioned in the video review: You're looking for the Horizon Club called [BOMB] Giant Bomb. This is not a Horizon Team. The cap is 2000 members. Yes, both clubs and teams turn up in the Xbox Club interface, it's the one with the big limit and the shield (club) icon, not the H icon.

Thank you. For some reason when you try to join from Horizon 4, it automatically limits the search to Teams, which prevented the Club from showing in the search. Clearing search criteria and trying again did the trick. Not sure how if that's how it works on Xbox as well; I'm on PC.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to hop on this when I get home from work. I came late to the party for Forza 3 and missed out on the online stuff.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xanadu

When do clubs unlock?? I have every menu option available except that one.

Avatar image for perniciousdistortion
perniciousdistortion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeff: thank you. I'll be looking for it asap.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@xanadu said:

When do clubs unlock?? I have every menu option available except that one.

Once you clear the prologue (all the seasons) and get to "Horizon Life", IIRC.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xanadu

@briarpack: ah ok, good to know. Wasnt going to move on to winter before doing some more races but now I will.

Edit: Hmm wait ive definitely done the prologue and im in Horizon Life but the Clubs tab is still greyd out for me...no idea whats going on.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So what does being in the club enable? I thought it would mean an easy way to group up in the open world with each other but from what I can see that doesn't really happen

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@xanadu said:

@briarpack: ah ok, good to know. Wasnt going to move on to winter before doing some more races but now I will.

Edit: Hmm wait ive definitely done the prologue and im in Horizon Life but the Clubs tab is still greyd out for me...no idea whats going on.

Huh, weird, the other unlock condition I found on the Forza forums was getting to level 20.

@pie said:

So what does being in the club enable? I thought it would mean an easy way to group up in the open world with each other but from what I can see that doesn't really happen

I've seen some Giant Bomb club members in the open world and in Forzathon Live, so it probably prioritizes matchmaking with them. The game will also pull drivatars and rivals from your club and compare your performance in PR Stunts to other club members.
Overall it seems like the club tools are more barebones than in previous games.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@briarpack: Ah good to know thanks. It's a shame it is a bit barebones. I thought that once a high enough number were online it would ping everyone asking if they all wanted to be in the same session or something like that

illmaticxking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do I join the club? On PC I found it, but I only see "Follow" and "Report". I looked at other clubs and there's a "Request Invitation" button but not for the GB one. Am I too late?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xanadu

@illmaticxking:

@briarpack said:

@xanadu said:

Huh, weird, the other unlock condition I found on the Forza forums was getting to level 20.

@pie said:

I've seen some Giant Bomb club members in the open world and in Forzathon Live, so it probably prioritizes matchmaking with them. The game will also pull drivatars and rivals from your club and compare your performance in PR Stunts to other club members.

Overall it seems like the club tools are more barebones than in previous games.

Im just updating these posts and replying to you iLLMATICxKiNG since there seems to be some serious confusion as to how the club system works. If you look around the internet everyone says you need to get past "the prologue" which to me is extremely misleading information because the prologue to me is that short intro that introduces every season at the very start of the game (basically the same progression as the demo). Getting past this section does not unlock club features. You HAVE to be level 20. Level 20 is when "horizon life" actually unlocks and you can join clubs. That's a pretty baffling decision to me but it is what it is.

Also it looks like the club is sill under 700 people out of a total 2000 so you should still have a decent amount of time to get into the club.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1
deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then what the heck is Teams? I see the 25 person one Jeff owns and sent a request.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

[At least my understanding from poking at the interface; not joined a Team yet myself as I'm not really into competitive racing in open world course layouts.] So Horizon Teams are part of the (competitive) multiplayer mode. Basically the PvP leagues are done on 6vs6 races and you can roster from these small 25-player teams for that.

The Club is the big group you join to get more than your friends list onto the leaderboards and rivals stuff (and also maybe for doing the co-op/online stuff together but it hardly seems to push that vs the lobby of randoms you auto-join). Each Team is a small group that want to do PvP races together in the Horizon 4 ranked online stuff.

illmaticxking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting...

I've definitely unlocked Horizon Life as I see it on the menu and can find the group but the "Request Invitation" button is missing even though it's on other groups. Wonder if it's because I'm on PC? Doubt it but it doesn't really make sense.

yakca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think there is an in-game way to join clubs, like there was in FH3. I had to use the Win 10 Xbox app.

The club itself was about 50% full last night, so there should still be plenty of time to join.

illmaticxking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By illmaticxking

@yakca: Still not able to join sadly. I'm level 20 and all that, can see the Giant Bomb club, but all I see is "Follow" and "Report". No options to request an invite or join even though it's there for some other clubs (missing on a majority of them though). My privacy settings are set for me to be able to join a club as well.

illmaticxking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just figured out how to join! In Forza, I was going to the Team Adventure tab, clicking Find a Team, and searching for a team. I found it but couldn't join it.

Then I went to the Club tab, clicked Search, and was able to find and join it.

FadedOasis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By FadedOasis

From the Find a Club search, it says 1458/2000 members, but clicking through updates the number to 2000/2000. Is it actually full?

Edit: It was full. Someone had quit, it said 1999/2000, and I grabbed the last slot. Thank you to whoever did that, I guess, and good luck to anyone trying to get in.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Shivoa

Huh! I have to assume that a lot of this is popular clubs are ranked higher so people looking to join any club fill up slots on popular clubs, right? With 250 players active right now and almost 1600 showing as active in the last day, it at least seems like everyone who got in is busy enjoying the game.

So much for increasing the limits from 1000 to 2000 players this Horizon, seems to not really do that much to let everyone find each other based on being fans of a community (I saw a popular Forza streamer set up four clubs from the very start and before even the Tuesday wide release, I think they were all basically full).

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#36  Edited By jeffrud

**NOTE: THIS HAS BEEN DONE. GET IN!**

I propose a second club, Giant Bomb More [GLHB], and shall create said on the morrow unless beaten to it.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jeffrud: Got in thank you!

P.S. G...g...g...ghosts!

julian_photo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By julian_photo

Finally joined the forum here to say thanks for creating the second club. Nutty that the first one filled up so quickly too.