Freedom Planet 2 is coming out on PC and Linux next week (9/13). Are you looking forward to playing it?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Man, its kind of surreal that Freedom Planet 2 is finally coming out. You might be wondering why that is. But this game was announced WAY back on Christmas Day of 2015, a year after the release of the first game.

But in between all of these years, Galaxy Trail would drop some trailers showing off the playable characters and what other features they've added to the sequel that weren't in the original such as a parry button (or guard button as its called in game) and the Battlesphere which is an area that has boss arenas, races and a home run themed mini game. But we haven't gotten any release date info in between. In 2021 they announced that the initial release window was gonna be Spring 2022 but in March they announced that the game is coming out on 9/13/2022, pushing away from the initial Spring 2022 window. Below is a more recent tweet where Galaxy Trail announced the plans for Freedom Planet 2's Release as the PC and Linux versions will still have the 9/13 date but console versions are expected to release in the Summer of 2023:

So with Freedom Planet 2 finally releasing within a week, are you excited to play it? Are you gonna wait for the console version if you'd rather want to play it there?

Personally, this is my most anticipated game of the year. I only beat Freedom Planet 1 once, but it's a game I hold in a pretty high regard despite its flaws. FP alongside Contradiction: Spot the Liar were the games that got me to dive really deep into playing indie games and kind of rejuvenated my interest in gaming again after not being very active in the hobby for some time. Which I know is kind of crazy to say since those 2 games couldn't be more different to each other. But everything I've seen from footage of FP2 makes me think this is gonna be a superior game compared to the original in almost every way. Below is the most recent gameplay trailer for Freedom Planet 2:

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wait really? That's great!

I helped back the first game and was watching development of the 2nd with eager anticipation but the updates trailed off into almost nothing, i never got the feeling they had abandoned it but it didn't help that they would excitedly talk about their other (smaller) game that they put out in the mean time, even now 6 days away they don't have a release date trailer or anything other than a tweet from a month ago, it just feels like the fans are more excited than they are.

Anyway it's finally here, the first game was great but very indie with rough edges, you wanted the camera to pull out a bit, the voice acting was cringey, it didn't move quite as well as the Sonic games that inspired it, the mechanics they introduced weren't quite as satisfying as they could have been, but it had a great heart and some nice polish. If some of those things are improved then that's a win, though my expectations might be a little too high considering how long it's been.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I only got around to playing the first game late last year but really, really dug it. It was one of the first game I ever streamed on Twitch! So yeah, I'm really hyped for 2, always done for now Sonic-likes!