#1 Edited by ShaggE (9187 posts) -

For anybody playing Friday the 13th: The Game, let's duder up and make Oestreicher proud!

My PSN is shagge1771

#2 Edited by Corwag (427 posts) -

psn: corwag

#3 Posted by Twiggy199 (623 posts) -

Psn: TwiggyMcTwig

Bought this yesterday, it doesn't work, anyone else having problems finding a game?.

#4 Posted by ShaggE (9187 posts) -

@twiggy199: They're having server woes right now. Some people are playing just fine (although with unnaturally long waits to get into pub matches), some can't get in period. Really rough launch.

On the bright side, I'm loving the actual game. Janky as all hell, but a ton of fun. Hope they iron things out before the weekend's through.

#5 Edited by a_moore714 (12 posts) -

So it sounds like people are primarily buying it for PS4, then? If the community is strong I may pick it up.

#6 Posted by DanishingAct (407 posts) -

Ps4 DanishingAct

Avatar image for deactivated-5b911d3722cb7
#7 Posted by deactivated-5b911d3722cb7 (70 posts) -

PSN: houseofleaves13

#8 Posted by thatdudeguy (332 posts) -

PSN: TheDudeMabry

After a 12-minute wait to get into a lobby, the PS4 version has worked great for me. Again, I agree with the janky as hell gameplay descriptor, but it really feels fun and the majority of folks I've played with are using their mics and location-based comms to make this feel like a real genre movie experience. As a F13 fan, this is totally better than I could have hoped for.

#9 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1722 posts) -

PSN LethalKi11ler, loving the game once I actually get in. Terrible servers and not enough maps/Jasons but I'm sure it'll be coming

#10 Posted by Twiggy199 (623 posts) -

I've played about 10 games in 2 days, I've just got back into overwatch, so I've been killing time with that when the servers are being sluggish.

I'm having a lot of issues with the game, mainly the saving profile data, which every time it does this my screen gets darker and darker making it unplayable. If ichange a characters attributes and save the characters settings it'll do the saving profile data thing and lock the screen. I've figured out that if you change the character attributes whilst in a game lobby you can escape that screen by just pressing on one of the perks then backing out of that screen.

From what I've seen of the game on twitch, the intro into the map where the character dies, thus picking the Jason for that match... all the selected characters that are around the fire are the survivors and the character that dies becomes Jason, yet on my game, the exact same character dies every time even if he's not been selected, the same dude died when I was Jason yet my character was a female.

This game is unplayable In daylight (especially in this summer sun)so they need to add some sort of gamma/brightness setting. The slightest bit of light on the screen wrecks it for me, I can't even see my character half the time.

Oh and the saving profile data Pop up sometimes just stays there whilst in a match, and yeah it covers the mini map, also making it unplayable, I think I've had one decent match since release. I know they're working hard to fix these issues but this is yet another case where the people who were excited, pre ordered or backed the game are basically just the beta testers for a broken game, in future I'm not buying any game within the first 2 weeks of release. It's really infuriating to me that the people who support the games they love the most are the people that get screwed over time and time again. No wonder games are having a longer tail end on sales.

I understand the online issues but the game it's self is busted, don't get me wrong, I love the game, but this is happening far to often.

Rant over. Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I wrote this on my phone.

#11 Edited by hansolol (941 posts) -
Loading Video...

This has pretty much been my experience with this game.

#12 Posted by ShaggE (9187 posts) -

@twiggy199: I think they replaced the cutscenes with pre-rendered video due to glitches, which is why the same guy gets killed every time now.

But yeah, they've got some heavy patching to do. The game at its core is excellent even with some balance issues (yeah, Jason is supposed to win the majority of matches, and that's a-okay, but a cooldown between teleporting and grabbing would be a big improvement), and I'd be terribly disappointed if these current issues kill the game before it has a chance to build a steady long term playerbase.

I'm really curious to see the QL, if we get one. I can't tell if they'll savage it for its problems or embrace it for all it does right. Hopefully embrace it, as it would make for an excellent Murder Island style feature.

#13 Edited by a_moore714 (12 posts) -

Just sent a bunch of invites. Maybe having a private match will make it easier to play. PSN is HawtyShawty (don't ask).

Should we consider making a GB community since people seem to be playing on PS4?

#14 Posted by sparky_buzzsaw (8777 posts) -

Holy shit, that thread title. A+ job.

#15 Posted by Azraeill (69 posts) -

Im down to play. Games pretty fun after the ~11 minute wait to get into a game.

PSN: Azraeill

#16 Posted by ShaggE (9187 posts) -

@sparky_buzzsaw: Ha, I was admittedly proud of myself there. :P

Unfortunately, now I'm getting booted and errored out constantly. Lucky to even play a full match when I do get in.

Oy vey... cannot wait for the server situation to get straightened out.

Avatar image for theps2collector
#17 Posted by ThePS2Collector (35 posts) -

So, no one playing on PC? :(

#18 Posted by Azteris (833 posts) -

PSN - Azteris

#19 Posted by SkinnerSweet (128 posts) -

I was lucky and became host and am currently playing.

Volchise7 psn

#20 Edited by ripelivejam (13074 posts) -

dont have this (yet), but as a conscientous objector i must post my outrage at this thread title. that is all.

#21 Edited by Johnny_Sailor (118 posts) -

Please be mindful that if you're considering buying it for the Xbox One, it is an older and outdated version that was released for it:

https://www.windowscentral.com/why-you-shouldnt-buy-friday-13th-xbox-one

#22 Posted by YEAHbrother (22 posts) -

PSN: YEAHbrother

I just picked this up and is downloading currently. I've been keeping up with their Twitter account and it seems like they have most of the server issues fixed on their end - how's it going out there?

#23 Posted by a_moore714 (12 posts) -

@yeahbrother: Surprisingly good since the maintenance yesterday. I've been able to get into a few games within 90 seconds each time.

#24 Posted by DanK_ (78 posts) -

PSN: NightDan

#25 Posted by church95 (3 posts) -

PSN: thedivinechurch

#26 Posted by thorniergravy (32 posts) -

For those playing on PC

Steam: Thorniergravy