[RUMOR] Project Beast from From Software and Sony

• 110 results
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Awesome news. Also is Dark Souls II the Bioshock Infinite of this year? Everyone was so excited for it and now it seems everyone is turning on it?

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Awesome news. Also is Dark Souls II the Bioshock Infinite of this year? Everyone was so excited for it and now it seems everyone is turning on it?

I still love Dark Souls 2. I think it has some weaknesses but I think it's a more accessible and fun game than the first.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Steadying

@demoskinos: That seems to happen with most popular games now.

I still like Dark Souls II though D:

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@demoskinos: Barring some miracle it's going to be Game of the Year; there's no Last of Us on the horizon or something (not to say Dark Souls II is worse than the Last of Us, they're just roughly on par).

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@demoskinos said:

I still love Dark Souls 2. I think it has some weaknesses but I think it's a more accessible and fun game than the first.

Same here, I really enjoyed Dark Souls 2. The reduced amount of estus flasks makes the early part of the game bit tougher for me, and the moment when you reached Dragon's Aerie is kinda eye-opening.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By xyzygy

This could be really good but it looks very similar to Dark Souls... having two at the same time would be kind of weird, right? Assuming that the game plays how it looks from these screens. Looks exactly like a Souls game.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By MooseyMcMan

On its own, I think it's a great game, and better than just about everything else out there. But compared to Dark Souls I, which is one of my favorite games of all time, I think it's a little disappointing. Hopefully this new game, if it's real, will be the breath of fresh air the Souls genre needs to revitalize itself. I mean, I think that guy might be holding a shotgun, and you know shit is getting real when the shotgun gets taken out.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Aetheldod

It seems like so ... damn sometimes I just hate gamers or any one related to videogames , because of all the negativity and crap good games get.

Also whatever this is , looks neat I dont reaally care if it is Demon Souls 2 or another IP (I still hope that it is indeed a brand new IP) this could be the game that prompts me to get a new gen console.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Aetheldod

It seems like so ... damn sometimes I just hate gamers or any one related to videogames , because of all the negativity and crap good games get.

Also whatever this is , looks neat I dont reaally care if it is Demon Souls 2 or another IP (I still hope that it is indeed a brand new IP) this could be the game that prompts me to get a new gen console.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I turned on it before it came out. I canceled my Steam pre-purchase and am now buying discounted games with the funds. FromSoftware kind of messed up. I'll try to wait until it's discounted.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Yep, it's just part of an increasing trend where every game coming out nowadays, in the words of the Internet, "isn't as good as people think it is", or "didn't live up to the hype" or "was atotal let down andoverrated" or some kind of bullshit generic answer like that. Seriously, the Internet's negative disposition toward everything is a huge bummer. It gets really hard to be a fan of this medium when so many "fans" hate everything.

For example, both Infinite and Dark Souls 2 have aspects worthy of genuine criticism, but that doesn't mean they aren't good games. It just means they're subject to faults, because nothing's perfect and anyone who expects a game's release to be akin to the second coming is always going to be disappointed. People really have a problem these days with managing their expectations.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ripelivejam

@demoskinos said:

Soul Memory ruined everything rabble rabble rabble

anyway going from screenshots it does look all the way next gen to the max.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is obviously a bit off topic, but I think people are really overstating the backlash to the game itself, and just because a game has suffered a backlash does not mean "Oh look people trying to act hoity toity about a game all over again" or that the game doesn't actually have issues. In my experience, the only thing that gets people particularly animated about Dark Souls 2 is just stating that it's not as good as the first Dark Souls and running into people who claim it's the best, and then things explode like a chemical reaction.

I think Dark Souls 2 is a very good game that I very much enjoyed playing. I just don't think it's the best Souls game for a variety of reasons.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@demoskinos said:

Yep, it's just part of an increasing trend where every game coming out nowadays, in the words of the Internet, "isn't as good as people think it is", or "didn't live up to the hype" or "was atotal let down andoverrated" or some kind of bullshit generic answer like that. Seriously, the Internet's negative disposition toward everything is a huge bummer. It gets really hard to be a fan of this medium when so many "fans" hate everything.

For example, both Infinite and Dark Souls 2 have aspects worthy of genuine criticism, but that doesn't mean they aren't good games. It just means they're subject to faults, because nothing's perfect and anyone who expects a game's release to be akin to the second coming is always going to be disappointed. People really have a problem these days with managing their expectations.

Yeah, that is exactly it. Its okay to get excited for a game but you have to temper all of that with a dose of reality. But hey, if people want to get all cynical and hate everything they can go ahead wasting their time doing that. The first two quarters of gaming for me have been GREAT. So much cool stuff. I've rarely been bored except for that little stretch late January.

That isn't to say that games like Infinite or Dark Souls 2 should be free of criticism but a ton of people got really into dark souls for many it was their first venture into the souls series and now they have this weird reverence for it and when the sequel changed things ( you know like a sequel SHOULD do) they got all pissy.

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

@marokai said:

This is obviously a bit off topic, but I think people are really overstating the backlash to the game itself, and just because a game has suffered a backlash does not mean "Oh look people trying to act hoity toity about a game all over again" or that the game doesn't actually have issues. In my experience, the only thing that gets people particularly animated about Dark Souls 2 is just stating that it's not as good as the first Dark Souls and running into people who claim it's the best, and then things explode like a chemical reaction.

I think Dark Souls 2 is a very good game that I very much enjoyed playing. I just don't think it's the best Souls game for a variety of reasons.

If only more people on the internet were that reasonable. I suppose this is really getting off topic from the main point of the thread, but were really referring to a more common trend that spans the broader fandom, rather than Dark Souls 2 itself. I suppose it depends on where you hang your hat these days on the internet to the severity of the problem, but it really can get insane with the amount of negative hyperbolic backlash and the increasingly smaller time frame it occurs.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CURRENT GEN SOULS GAME I AM SO READY

laika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By laika

SO HYPE for this.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@themanwithnoplan said:
@demoskinos said:

Yeah, that is exactly it. Its okay to get excited for a game but you have to temper all of that with a dose of reality. But hey, if people want to get all cynical and hate everything they can go ahead wasting their time doing that. The first two quarters of gaming for me have been GREAT. So much cool stuff. I've rarely been bored except for that little stretch late January.

That isn't to say that games like Infinite or Dark Souls 2 should be free of criticism but a ton of people got really into dark souls for many it was their first venture into the souls series and now they have this weird reverence for it and when the sequel changed things ( you know like a sequel SHOULD do) they got all pissy.

I respect Demon's Souls from a distance but could never get into it for a many reasons. At it's core though, the feel of the combat and general atmosphere is extremely appealing. Dark Souls was essentially perfect for me, all the things that turned me away from Demon's Souls were gone and everything they changed made it a better game.

Dark Souls 2 brings about as many, mostly minor changes compared to Dark Souls that Dark Souls did compared to Demon's Souls except that every single one of those changes i can think of makes it a worse game than the original.

My expectations were tempered with plenty of reality as you put it. Dark Souls was no where near perfect and not my favorite game of all time by any means and yet Dark Souls 2 did not meet them.

Besides all that, an impressive but flawed game, especially one that is fairly original and unique will stand to criticisms a lot better than a sequel who at best brings changes that aren't necessarily improvements.

In any case i'm still playing it, slowly but surely progressing and an OK Dark Souls game is still loads better than most other games on the market but if it ends up being the best game i played all year like Dark Souls was, 2014 will have been a pretty weak year.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahhhhhh!!!

GIVE IT TO ME

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

If they're going to create this weird splinter series by making a Demon's Souls 2, they'd probably be best served by tinkering with the gameplay a bit more to distinguish it from Dark Souls.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls: Weird Subtitle.

Dark Souls II is now non-canon.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@demoskinos said:

Dark Souls 2 didn't get me excited in the lead up to its release either. Then I remembered I fuckin love Souls games and bought it, but when I played it, I really didn't want to play it anymore. Right away it felt like off. The movement, the combat, and the look of it all felt like an imitation of a Souls game.

The difference isn't even a "this feels bad for a Souls game", it's just straight up "this feels like a bad game". If it gets better later on, I definitely intend to find out, whenever I get around to it. But with Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, I was having a blast from the very beginning, all the way through multiple playthroughs. I didn't need to level up to make the game fun.

But some folks disliking it shouldn't take away from your own enjoyment, and it certainly shouldn't affect your ability to be a fan of video games in general. It also isn't automatically hyperbolic, or imply that they have impossibly high standards. I think Bioshock Infinite is fantastic, I did when I finished it, and afterward when other people were turning around on it. And that's fine if people do. There's nothin wrong with the veneer wearing off and someone seeing it in a different light, finding in its place something less pleasing.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think Beast Souls would be an awesome name!

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#76  Edited By Seikenfreak

Thoroughly enjoyed Dark Souls II. Got my 150 or whatever hours out of it. Played through almost twice. Game was just as good as the original Dark Souls in my opinion. They changed some subtle things but that's what happens with any series for any game. I found certain aspects of DS2 to be better than DS1. Only thing DS1 might have going for it is the world design but even that is not that big of a deal. They decided to go back and try the Demon's Souls branching world progression.

But I also don't spend years playing through the same game over and over again. I play something til I get bored of it then move onto the next interesting thing, which is usually about a week, if its more than that then its a sign of something I really like. So I played Demon's Souls til I beat it, was amazing, moved on and waited til Dark Souls, beat it, was amazing, moved on and waited til DS2, was amazing, moved on and waiting. If a game has good replayability then I might return to it months or years later if I get the itch to.

Way too many interesting games out there. People are crazy complaining about all these dumb little details.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By Raven10

I would love it if this were a new King's Field or something done in the King's Field style, but chances are we'll be seeing a game closer to Demon's Souls.

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan
@theht said:
@themanwithnoplan said:
@demoskinos said:

Dark Souls 2 didn't get me excited in the lead up to its release either. Then I remembered I fuckin love Souls games and bought it, but when I played it, I really didn't want to play it anymore. Right away it felt like off. The movement, the combat, and the look of it all felt like an imitation of a Souls game.

The difference isn't even a "this feels bad for a Souls game", it's just straight up "this feels like a bad game". If it gets better later on, I definitely intend to find out, whenever I get around to it. But with Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, I was having a blast from the very beginning, all the way through multiple playthroughs. I didn't need to level up to make the game fun.

But some folks disliking it shouldn't take away from your own enjoyment, and it certainly shouldn't affect your ability to be a fan of video games in general. It also isn't automatically hyperbolic, or imply that they have impossibly high standards. I think Bioshock Infinite is fantastic, I did when I finished it, and afterward when other people were turning around on it. And that's fine if people do. There's nothin wrong with the veneer wearing off and someone seeing it in a different light, finding in its place something less pleasing.

I completely agree on both your points. (Including about dark souls 2, although I grew to like the game, despite my early bumps with it.) I'm not referring to my own enjoyment of the medium, but rather my involvement and following with the communities surrounding it. I definitely don't let others negative disposition inform my own enjoyment of something, but when you waltz around the Internet long enough it's easy to get soured.

Anyways, It's fine for people to analyze why certain things don't work in games. Having a well reasoned explanation for why you thought a game failed in certain respects is wonderful, but when I see people say incredibly offensive, derogatory and frankly mean things towards most games that comes out I can't help but shake my head. Seeing comment after comment filled with nothing but negativity can really wear a person down. Let me be clear, I'm not talking about the people, for instance here, who can be articulate and maintain a healthy dialogue about games and the like. I'm talking about the rest of the cesspool that is the Internet where people can get mean. Go watch that Pax panel that Patrick and Zoey did and you'll get an idea of the people I'm thinking of.

But really though, I think I'm getting too far from the point of this thread. Which is about a possible new souls game!

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@sub_o said:

@the_ruiner said:

@demoskinos said:

Same here, I really enjoyed Dark Souls 2. The reduced amount of estus flasks makes the early part of the game bit tougher for me, and the moment when you reached Dragon's Aerie is kinda eye-opening.

No, people haven't turned from it. What happened is that people that got in late to the series with Dark Souls 1 had everything at their fingertips and all the help in the world. They tried to jump in when Dark Souls 2 came out and couldn't hang with the lack of information. The Shrine of Amana caused such a fit with those people that From actually nerfed the place to allow easy progression. Veterans knew to simply use their i-frames to get through it with little issue. The whole Adaptability misinformation thing was also caused by casual players that didn't understand that their movements and dodging was off because they didn't invest in that stat.

The other drama came from the PVP crowd and how Soul Memory is ruining the scene. This is true, but it was a problem caused by the community itself and their inability to enforce a level cap for PVP without the game making the level cap a thing.

The final issue is that From decided to hide the real game behind the Company of Champions covenant. Vets complained that the game was too easy, but they didn't have any problems with summoning once a boss truly challenged them. The sole purpose of the covenant was to make you take on the game and bosses by yourself, but most people avoided the thing or dropped out of it after a few hours. If the real Dark Souls 2 was what the Company of Champions offered then most people would have dropped the game altogether and proclaim that From had gone too far with the difficulty.

I like Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2 for different reasons, but the best game would be a combination of the two.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By bybeach

I would welcome a successor to Demon's souls. Right now I am playing DS2 on PC and so far it is looking rather good, I'm surprised! The variation of having hostiles die off after a while has a relevant gameplay behind it. It prevents over-farming, though it does not by any means eliminate level farming or item farming, it just caps it and knowing how I am, I agree. I've been feeling DS2 plays a bit different from DS1 and sometimes that is frustrating, but I know I will get my ass kicked, anyway. But I enjoyed Demon Souls, I could stand one more game from that hub approach.

And w/out going into it (much), I feel Bioshock Infinite caught a bit of a backlash that was both deserving and well, not. Putting internet gaming personalities and The Last of Us torch-bearing finally aside, it's maybe going into the books with a more realistic and critical viewpoint.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Let's not jump to conclusions. It could be a gritty reboot of 3D Dot Game Heroes.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@lordandrew: Sadly although 3D Dot Game Heroes was published by From, it was developed by Silicon Studio, the studio that developed Bravely Default! And I believe now they are busy with Bravely Second.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Whatever it is I want it.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bombanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos:

I can only speak for myself but i truly loved the first Bioshock, was disappointed by 2 and actually think that Infinite is among the most forgetabble gaming experiences that i ever had. After finishing it i have felt like i just wasted my time. Did not feel the game at all.

I think that DS II lacks a certain spark that the first 2 Souls games had but it still is a crazy good game. Fantastic one.

XCEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin: Is this a parody? You basically spent 3 paragraphs saying "git gud", and actually blamed soul memory screwing up pvp on the community. Not sure how that works.

There are plenty of issues with the game: hit boxes, tracking, balancing issues, soul memory, level design, boss design, enemy design, etc.

It doesn't mean DS2 is a bad game. I think it's really good. It just means it's a flawed game, and not all the improvements hoped for are there.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is probably not coming to PC (thanks, Sony! Shove your exclusives up your ass, Kaz!), so I'll probably won't be following the development of this title. Back to Dark Souls II for me.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By golguin

@xceagle said:

@golguin: Is this a parody? You basically spent 3 paragraphs saying "git gud", and actually blamed soul memory screwing up pvp on the community. Not sure how that works.

There are plenty of issues with the game: hit boxes, tracking, balancing issues, soul memory, level design, boss design, enemy design, etc.

It doesn't mean DS2 is a bad game. I think it's really good. It just means it's a flawed game, and not all the improvements hoped for are there.

Once people realized that they kept getting matched up with higher Soul Level players in the Blood Arena thanks to their ever increasing Soul Memory they started to leave the SL 150 cap that was decided early on. They didn't like fighting people with more stamina, health, and damage output then them so they basically said "screw it" and started pumping their own levels. Nothing inaccurate about that.

Nothing in my other paragraphs is inaccurate. I don't see how you think I'm saying "git gud" when I clearly outlined what happened. Do you deny my statements?

Fushichou187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joeyravn said:

This is probably not coming to PC (thanks, Sony! Shove your exclusives up your ass, Kaz!), so I'll probably won't be following the development of this title. Back to Dark Souls II for me.

So salty.

Not having a PC worth a shit, I feel that way about 99% of the awesome games that get released for PC alone. Exclusivity happens. It's business. Get over it.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By onarum

oh my... this is the thing that would make me get a damn PS4...

But a demons souls 2 would be kinda irrelevant no? considering Dark Souls is pretty much the exact same game, the only reason it was not named Demons Souls 2 being Sony's ownership of the name.

Though I do wanna know how the land of giants looks like...

ChrisHarris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ChrisHarris

@burgavo said:

wouldn't you rather have a more stable gameplay experience at a slightly lower fidelity than have the whole thing be blight town the game?

That makes sense for a fixed-spec system like consoles, but the PC version shouldn't have been gimped by 7-8 year old console hardware limitations... especially considering the fact that they claimed the PC was their lead platform.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

That definitely looks like a Souls game.

I wonder if they'll call it Demon's Souls 2 or if they'll call it something new? Undead Souls maybe?

As an aside, I'm getting a real Universal Monster Movie vibe from those screencaps. I can't quite place it, but something about the costume design, monster designs, and the setting makes me think of the 1930s/40s era of Dracula and Frankenstein in particular.

Agreed, getting the same vibe. Either ways if that is the case then they definitely win me over, especially if THEY actually include Dracula and/or Frankenstein.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I'm going with King's Field 4

Actually it would be King's Field V, just saying. It is interesting you say that though because Demon's Souls was originally made because Sony went to From Software and basically said.... "We want you to make a new ip that is like a current gen King's Field."

These screen shots look really too modern though. All the dudes are wearing overalls and using sabers... The buildings look like 18th-19th century stuff. Like we are in Jack the Ripper era London, only they forgot they had guns. We will see at E3 I guess.

XCEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

@xceagle said:

Once people realized that they kept getting matched up with higher Soul Level players in the Blood Arena thanks to their ever increasing Soul Memory they started to leave the SL 150 cap that was decided early on. They didn't like fighting people with more stamina, health, and damage output then them so they basically said "screw it" and started pumping their own levels. Nothing inaccurate about that.

Nothing in my other paragraphs is inaccurate. I don't see how you think I'm saying "git gud" when I clearly outlined what happened. Do you deny my statements?

Yes, and that bolded part is a problem with design choice, not the community. Your critique of the Amana nerf was that Vets had no probems but From catered to "casuals". Those "casuals" also spread misinformation on Adaptability, according to you. Then you create a hypothetical veteran who says the game is too easy but also summons when challenged to prove your point. Is he not playing the game correctly? If a game that claims to cater to a multitude of builds doesn't, or can only be played a specific way for the "true" experience than it is not properly balanced.

Granted, I don't think the Amana nerf was necessary, but you're using what is at best anecdotal evidence masquerading as fact to continue the elitist DS stereotype ("Game is perfect, the problem is you").

Yes, I deny your statements because you're cherry picking both the critics and the critiques to the game, in order to dismiss them. It is possible to be a good game and to still have accurate criticism. The Matthewmatosis video has some good ones, for example.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

i must admit and the PS4 i traded in as well after a while.

You traded in a console that was less than a year old? What the hell?!

Bombanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Well, it was still out of stock at that time and everyone was going nuts to get one. I sold it for a fair price and i did not lose any money on it at all. It´s a nice console but i personally just did not enjoy my time with it enough to justify keeping it. No regrets since thenn.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Oh my, looks awesome.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xceagle said:

@golguin said:

@xceagle said:

Yes, and that bolded part is a problem with design choice, not the community. Your critique of the Amana nerf was that Vets had no probems but From catered to "casuals". Those "casuals" also spread misinformation on Adaptability, according to you. Then you create a hypothetical veteran who says the game is too easy but also summons when challenged to prove your point. Is he not playing the game correctly? If a game that claims to cater to a multitude of builds doesn't, or can only be played a specific way for the "true" experience than it is not properly balanced.

Granted, I don't think the Amana nerf was necessary, but you're using what is at best anecdotal evidence masquerading as fact to continue the elitist DS stereotype ("Game is perfect, the problem is you").

Yes, I deny your statements because you're cherry picking both the critics and the critiques to the game, in order to dismiss them. It is possible to be a good game and to still have accurate criticism. The Matthewmatosis video has some good ones, for example.

120 was the level cap set in Dark Souls 1 by the community. There was nothing stopping people from putting in a few extra stat points to reach a certain poise threshold or to be able to cast X spell so people pushed it to 120-125. You could still pump your stats higher and match up with the 120 people, but that level cap was the general consensus among everyone. The implementation of Soul Memory was a failure on From's part for the PVP community. The fact that people broke the 150 level cap because there was nothing FORCING them to stay at the cap was their own failure. PVP had a lot of rules that people either followed or didn't (things like don't attack when greeting each other and don't chug estus) as there was no way to enforce it, but it was a thing just like the level cap.

I read lots of topics on the Amana area and the nerf. Why do you think From patched the area? To cater to veterans of the series?

Did you hear that Adaptability was a bad stat at any point when the game first came out? The first time I heard about it was on the bombcast when Brad mentioned the he read that Adaptability was a bad stat. It was the first time I heard about such a thing as Adaptability saved my dodges from staying at the crappy state it's in when you first make your character. How and where Brad read such things I don't know, but he clearly didn't read the correct info. It too a few weeks for the real Adaptability info to make it's way around. Who do you think was putting out all that incorrect information when the community was making comparison videos to show what Adaptability did and didn't do?
Brad mentioned Adaptability is a bad stat. What?

I don't know how many websites you visit with Dark Souls 2 discussion, but I was fairly fed up with discussion that revolved around the idea that, "This game is too easy. Isn't as hard as Dark Souls 1. The bosses in Dark Souls 2 are too easy except for the fights that are clearly designed to force you to summon for help." Summons are there to help you. There is nothing wrong with summoning, but you can't claim the game is easy when a boss forced you to summon. What bosses or areas weren't properly balanced that forced a specific way to play or only made a single build viable?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ENB's twitter is pretty amusing at present.