Gabriel Knight 1 Remake announced (PC/MAC/IPAD/Android)

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darji

One of the best Adventure games is getting a re release. Sadly with a new voice cast though...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I understand that the great Tim Curry will not be reprising his voiceover role in the game. In fact you've had to re-record and re-cast the entire game. Why is that?

Tim Curry was great! We didn’t have the original audio files, and at the time Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers shipped, the audio was pretty compressed. So to just strip it out of the original game didn’t yield a good quality. We had to rerecord. Because it’s been twenty years, most of the original actors would not sound the same and also the cost of getting that original cast was prohibitive. We really lucked out with Sins of the Fathers in 1993 because it was one of the first video games to use Hollywood actors like that, so everyone gave us a smoking deal (including SAG)! For the remake we used Bay Area Sound, who have done a lot of games with Telltale including Sam & Max, Tales of Monkey Island, and The Walking Dead. So we were in good hands and got good results.

Link to the interview.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/63162/gabriel-knight-returns-interview-with-jane-jensen

really can not wait for this game to come out.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Am I the only one who didn't like the puzzles in the game, they were too obtuse for me (or at least that is how I remember the game). The 2nd game did have really great bad FMV though!

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Can you provide a link to where you found this, please?

Avatar image for thebeastwithtwobacks
thebeastwithtwobacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thats awesome news. This, coupled with the new Tex Murphy game coming, has me quivering with excitement

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You have my attention.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: Thanks. For future reference, you're totally fine posting links to other gaming sites, especially if it's purely informational in content. It gets a little shakier when it's just smacktalking about an article, but you're good here.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By JCGamer

Love this series back in the day. I still think it has some of the best music in adventure games-something the sequels never quite captured.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised this isn't a kickstarter, always wanted to check out the original, it's on GoG for those who are interested.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LochNessie82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LochNessie82

That sounds really great! A group of friends and I played the original as a group. It made the puzzle solving less tedious to have 4 different perspectives at the same time. It is really too bad that they won't have the original voices but understandable. As long as the sound effects don't change, then it won't bother me. My husband still uses the "get a point" chime as his text message sound!

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I want to play this, but no Tim Curry sours it for me.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@mosdl said:

Am I the only one who didn't like the puzzles in the game, they were too obtuse for me (or at least that is how I remember the game). The 2nd game did have really great bad FMV though!

The puzzles were straight up awful in the first game. I'm perfectly okay with a remake if they address the pixel hunting and puzzles, maybe with a "highlight" function similar to the one used in the later games of the Runaway series I'm really disappointed Tim Curry and Leah Remini won't be back doing voicework.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosdl said:

The puzzles were straight up awful in the first game. I'm perfectly okay with a remake if they address the pixel hunting and puzzles, maybe with a "highlight" function similar to the one used in the later games of the Runaway series I'm really disappointed Tim Curry and Leah Remini won't be back doing voicework.

wait Leah Remini from King of queens was also in this? WOW i did not know this^^

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I don't know if i'll miss Tim Curry's great/terrible overpronounciation or not. What is the meaning of caaabriit saaans corrr? What can you tell about sint jaauuuuuuuns eeeeeve? I love that game.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if i'll miss Tim Curry's great/terrible overpronounciation or not. What is the meaning of caaabriit saaans corrr? What can you tell about sint jaauuuuuuuns eeeeeve? I love that game.

Simply the best.