Inti Creates oks English ver of Gal*Gun 2 Seeking Publisher

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Well, that didn't take long. A day after release in Japan Inti creates announced today that they would be seeking a publisher for an english version of the game. So thats a thing I guess. Anyways, link to the actual press release is here: http://inticreates.com/galgun-worldwide-release/

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

Someone get XSEED on the phone!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

RIGHT HERE >:D

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By baka_shinji17

Now let's get a PC release and my life is complete.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Published by Gerstmann.inc no doubt.

Never forget:

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Fuck.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm unreasonably excited about this.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you buy Gal Gun you're a bad person. I'm not normally one for making sweeping generalized statements like that, but I feel pretty OK about that one.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol "bad person" projecting so hard... Sweeping condemnation of people you don't even know.

I take this game like Hatred. I may never play it and find it to be incompatible with my sensibilities but I can celebrate its right to exist.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By ArtisanBreads

When the translation hits and its clear you're helping misguided young female youths everyone will feel really shitty about hating on Gal Gun.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Barrabas

@wolfgame: Lol, I didn't say anything about stopping the game from existing. Go ahead and play your game where you look through under aged school girls clothes with x-ray vision, and then go to a mode where the camera creepily pans around their body while you touch them. However, nothing is going to stop me from thinking people who actually want that are kind of terrible.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the translation hits and its clear you're helping misguided young female youths everyone will feel really shitty about hating on Gal Gun.

You will be ashamed of your words and deeds. #Kojima

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolfgame

@barrabas: my post wasn't even long and you misrepresented my position.

456nto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrabas said:

If you buy Gal Gun you're a bad person. I'm not normally one for making sweeping generalized statements like that, but I feel pretty OK about that one.

There are a lot of "bad people" in the world. Serial killers, sexual predators, war criminals, animal abusers. Putting "people who have purchased Gal Gun" on the bad people list kind of dilutes the actual bad shit that people get up to. Then again, I'm sure your browser history is crystal clear and you're totally not overcompensating for the weird preferences you have.

Leave the harmless Gal Gun fans alone, man.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GnaTSoL

@barrabas said:

@wolfgame: Lol, I didn't say anything about stopping the game from existing. Go ahead and play your game where you look through under aged school girls clothes with x-ray vision, and then go to a mode where the camera creepily pans around their body while you touch them. However, nothing is going to stop me from thinking people who actually want that are kind of terrible.

Age of consent is different in japan among a multitude of reasons why these things exist in Japan. But I guess nothing could stop someone from blindly condemning something they were breed to not understand.

Regardless tho, I'm excited for more Jeff creepo-cam. The English VO is most definitely gonna make this more hilarious. lol

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If loving GalGun is wrong, I don't give a fuck about being right.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Barrabas

@wolfgame: I don't think I did, but if so I apologize.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Love Conquers All!

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@456nto said:
@barrabas said:

There are a lot of "bad people" in the world. Serial killers, sexual predators, war criminals, animal abusers. Putting "people who have purchased Gal Gun" on the bad people list kind of dilutes the actual bad shit that people get up to. Then again, I'm sure your browser history is crystal clear and you're totally not overcompensating for the weird preferences you have.

Leave the harmless Gal Gun fans alone, man.

Of course my browser history is crystal clear, I know where the clear history button is.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geeze, people are way more defensive about this game than I thought they would be. Sorry alright. Enjoy your weird creepy game.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Bocam

I just like to point out that one of the girls the "MC" can "fuck" (shoot his pheromones all over) is his younger sister.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@barrabas: I imagine that some people will buy this game just so they can enjoy it ironically.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrabas: The seems creepy as fuck to me, and the act of people playing it also seems hella creepy, but that doesn't mean those people are terrible.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im still debating whether original recipe or extra crispy Creeper Jeff was more effective.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:

I just like to point out that one of the girls the "MC" can "fuck" (shoot his pheromones all over) is his younger sister.

Based on my experience with various forms of Japanese entertainment, I would expect no less. In fact, I would be shocked if that wasn't the case.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Whelp... you all know what to do. #BuildingTheList

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#28 MattyFTM  Moderator

I'll publish it. Google translate the text, copy/paste it into the game, then bung it up on PSN. That'll work, right?

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnatsol said:
@barrabas said:

Age of consent is different in japan among a multitude of reasons why these things exist in Japan. But I guess nothing could stop someone from blindly condemning something they were breed to not understand.

Regardless tho, I'm excited for more Jeff creepo-cam. The English VO is most definitely gonna make this more hilarious. lol

Your counterpoint to this was to point out they might not be LEGALLY underage, because it's Japan? Do I have that right?

The "you don't get their culture" thing at some point ceases to be a compelling argument as well. Some cultures slaughter whales for no reason every year. Some cultures advocate female genital mutilation. "Culture" doesn't inoculate skeevy things from all criticism.

Plenty of things I love about Japan, but this kind of shit isn't one of them. Unless it's Jeff making fun of how gross it is.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrabas: People usually react badly when you call them "terrible people" because of what video games they play. No matter what your opinion is on this game it's cool a game like it can get localized and it's cool that people that want to play it can in English.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Barrabas

@jesushammer said:

@barrabas: People usually react badly when you call them "terrible people" because of what video games they play. No matter what your opinion is on this game it's cool a game like it can get localized and it's cool that people that want to play it can in English.

Trust me, I've already made the mental note that calling people "bad" or "kind of terrible" comes off as a far more serious condemnation than I thought it did. For Gal Gun 3 it's going to be all silent judgement and laughing at Jeff making fun of it.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who grew up playing a lot of Japanese made games and watching quite a bit of anime, I'm generally down for Japanese nonsense. JRPG's use to be my favorite genre, so while I may have moved away from a lot of it I still have a soft spot for games from the rising sun.

Personally, I think Gal Gun comes off as baffling at best and sketchy at worst and I understand the it's their culture defense. Still, for my money this game comes off as grimy but for all the ill (as in not cool at all type of ill) shit that goes on in this world every day GalGun would have it's work cut out for it to even compare. Doing the posting equivalent of a drive-by and trying to lambaste anyone who enjoys this game is not even a blip on my radar. Not everything is for everyone and that's fine.

I'm just waiting until this shit gets out of hand and we have like a billion Galgun franchise cross overs. Gal Gun: Dynasty Warriors: Lu Bu pursues you.

How you doin'?
How you doin'?

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GnaTSoL

@scotto: My counterargument was that depending on your surrounding influences throughout your most influential years or where you were born, your view on right/wrong would skewed/desensitized compared to outsiders. The things you view as criminal aren't fact. They're what's been fed to you as fact. So its not as simple as labeling something wrong or right nor is it responsible.

It all applies to every example you can come up with. You could easily have been a whale hunter in another life and you'd have another view on things and think of it as universal but its not. Your view wouldn't be right or wrong either in this case.

Best to leave that shit alone and be open minded or end up being cast as a hypocrite through your staunch 'obviously right' opinions.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnatsol said:

@scotto: My counterargument was that depending on your surrounding influences throughout your most influential years or where you were born, your view on right/wrong would skewed/desensitized compared to outsiders. The things you view as criminal aren't fact. They're what's been fed to you as fact. So its not as simple as labeling something wrong or right nor is it responsible.

It all applies to every example you can come up with. You could easily have been a whale hunter in another life and you'd have another view on things and think of it as universal but its not. Your view wouldn't be right or wrong either in this case.

Best to leave that shit alone and be open minded or end up being cast as a hypocrite through your staunch 'obviously right' opinions.

Your example with the whale hunter is exactly what I'm talking about. "Having a different view on things" doesn't somehow make wanton, completely pointless (beyond "tradition") slaughter of whales any more defensible.

I don't think my culture is universal. I DO think all cultures have aspects to them that are flat-out atrocious, in moral terms. Trotting out the old canard of moral relativism doesn't move me; nor does pretending that at any point I claimed my opinions were "obviously right".

"Well, human sacrifice isn't right or wrong - I have to be open minded here. I could have been part of this culture in another life!" Your moral relativism leaves you completely powerless to criticize such a practice.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's kickstart $500 for dan to platinum this game!

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm astonished that this is coming out here.

I get that Japan tends to objectify women and all that jazz, and I can buy the culture defense for a game like Senran Kagura (On a quick tangent - having actually played that game, anyone who defends it saying it has a good plot is full of shit. That game is made PURELY for fanservice and nothing else.), but this is definitely something else.

I guess it will be entertaining to watch people get up in arms over this game though, so there's that.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wolfgame

I don't even have a problem that the vast majority of people would define this game as creepy. That is your perception and a valid reaction. I just think its inappropriate to degrade others if their gaming choices differ from yours. A localized GalGun doesn't make gaming better or worse, it is simply a game added to a growing market of niche titles. I find that to be very exciting and believe there's plenty of room to respect one another along the way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I would buy it day one. I don't think I'll ever play it, I just want to keep it shrink-wrapped in a box somewhere because . . . I don't know, it's probably going to be some weird gaming artifact in 20 years.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45: The characters are pretty good and the story is prett6 decent. Yeah its just a fanservice vehicle, but it doesn't mean the story or gameplay isn't good.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrabas said:

Go ahead and play your game where you car jack innocent people for no apparent reason, and then go to a mission where you torture a helpless hostage. However, nothing is going to stop me from thinking people who actually want that are kind of terrible.

See, it's easy to make ridiculous judgments about people if we assume that what they enjoy doing in a game is reflective of what they enjoy doing in real life. But hey, if it gets you off, by all means continue to call those people "creepy" and "weird". Free speech or whatever.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45: I could write up a huge post explaining exactly why I disagree with you but I'll just put it this way. When Senran Kagura:Estival Versus gets its English release I'll be buying it for a second time. The primary reason is the story. I've had the JP release since March. Sure, the girls are part of the reason I come to the series but the stories are what keep me coming back to the SK games. If you don't want to believe that that is A-OK but that is the truth.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LeStephan

Buncha japanese sickos, stop trying to make games about "love"! we just want to innocently kill people in our videogames goddamnit!

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

Whenever, if ever it gets released down here I'll be there with bells on.
I get why someone might find it objectionable but y'know, they're free to just not play it.
Preferably without the snide remarks about how anyone who'd like it must be some sorta creep, but jerks will be jerks I guess.

violet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yo just popping in and letting yall know shit like this is even considered creepy in japan for the most

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

violet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers