Is Gears 5 making anyone else physically ill?

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By haneybd87

Is the head bob/camera sway more pronounced in this game than previous games? I don’t ever recall having trouble with Gears 1-4 but in Gears 5 I’m getting extremely nauseous and it’s all because of that head bob and sway. It blows my mind that in this day and age so many games are still released without an option to turn this off. I know developers must see all the people complaining about it every time it’s used. Has anyone else been getting nauseous from this game?

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nutter

No issues here.

Edit: I’m not near an Xbox now, but I thought it might be an option. According to the below, it may well be:

https://www.windowscentral.com/gears-5-features-excellent-accessibility-support-gamers-disabilities

“Camera shake: Players that have difficulty playing during quick camera movement can turn off all sources of camera shake.”

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By haneybd87

@nutter: Yeah I saw that option but it must be for explosions or something else because it does nothing to the head bob or camera sway during regular movement. Maybe it’s for the roadie run? Anyways, I spent like 15 minutes going back and forth between on and off while running around and I’m confident it doesn’t do anything during regular movement. I have been playing with it off, however, and still feeling quite ill from that exaggerated motion.

I know smooth camera movement doesn’t look very cinematic and the developers want to present the game in an artistic manner but some of us just can’t handle it. It should be one of those options that every game implements, along with a colorblind mode.

Edit: After some testing I can confirm that the camera shake option does remove the shake from the roadie run, but not regular movement.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

The first few bites of the disc made me a little queasy, but once I added some marinara sauce and got the case halfway down, I don't really remember the rest. So yes and no. My recommendation? Eat it raw. Don't try to cook it like I did.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I didn't have any issues with it but I don't think I've ever gotten motion sick from a video game despite having, to this day, on-and-off car sickness if I'm not the one driving.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yeah I haven't had any issues. I played Gears 4 for the first time right before 5 came out and I don't think the head bob is noticeably different, but I also don't get sick from games so I can't say I was paying close attention either.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean the multiplayer isnt great but its not making me want to throw up or anything.

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tunaburn: Hah, funnily enough I’ve been really enjoying the Arcade Mode multiplayer this time. I’m playing the multiplayer on PC as well where it doesn’t make me sick.