perfect argument
sdauz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By sdauz

dude the great thing about humanity is we can do whatever we want (within the bounds of the law), alcohol is a waste of time, music is a waste of time, a lot of things r a waste of time, but that doesnt mean its bad or good. Im not living on this earh to make it a better place, im here to have some fun before i sign out lol

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Gizmo said:
" Astrophysics are a waste of time too.I'll be honest, i'm not even sure what astrophysics are. "
Study of worm holes and etc.

@natetodamax: To my knowledge most 11 year old's have yet to go through puberty, thus your statement is probably true.
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By TheKidNixon

Well to be fair...video games are a waste of time. So is all entertainment, art, any real leisure.

I think that this kids perspective of things is probably greatly skewed because his ideals for something being worthwhile or not is defined by its level of productivity or "use." This philosophy doesn't really take into account the necessity of release, relaxation and non-vital activity. It is why we group in social activities. I suspect that someone who's focused their entire 11-year-life to academic pursuits probably puts little value in these sorts of basic human needs. Which is fine; to each their own life. My own life, however, shall be filled with wondrous time wasting.

Avatar image for deactivated-62acf8675bf9a
deactivated-62acf8675bf9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hes 11 he may know alot about astrophysics but he dont know shit about life

ZombieKitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By ZombieKitty
@francesthemule said:
" Hey kid, you know who else went to college - Hitler "
Yup he was also vegetarian and a painter. Good guy.....

Bottom line is, he is going to be a social retard. Not just for the games snub, but the fact that he is basically calling everyone who plays games idiots; and us unlike him are ill educated and don't know what is useful in this world. At 11 years old, college grad or not, he hasn't seen enough of the world to say what is or isn't a waste of time.
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By dethfish

Lazy, overweight, unemployed 19 year old says "I now hate all 11 year olds".

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By neoepoch
@ROBdaMOB said:
" hes 11 he may know alot about astrophysics but he dont know shit about life "
I wouldn't say getting a LIBERAL ARTS DEGREE from COMMUNITY COLLEGE would help you understand about Astrophysics. Now maybe an AeroAstro degree would help you learn astrophysics.
Eurobum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Eurobum

Video games are a waste of time, for gifted people anyway... (Even though this is a sweeping generalisation, which cannot really be defended, it works well as a rule of thumb or a personal point of view.)

However studying is a waste of time for those who wouldn't be able to understand and appreciate or even remember / apply the stuff they've learned.

Waste of time discribes a disaccord between opportunities and actions of a particular person, the best way is to find healthy balance between long term ambitions and instant gratification (video games).

Curiously, some truly EVIL video games provide extreme long term motivation and spark completely misguided ambition on their own, they can be just as distructives to a player's personality as overambitious parents.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Dalai

Well when the fate of humanity rests on a Halo 3 deathmatch, then he'll see the light.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

While I have to give credit to the kid, you know, is he going to go back to college later?  It says he went to East LA Community College for a degree that does nothing for you in life (liberal arts)....

But you know, I think the kid fails to see something, perhaps because he's 11?  While doing helpful stuff is good and all, life is really about enjoyment.  I'd rather die a happy young  death than a long depression full one. Now, I'm not trying to say that playing video games is the key to happiness, but in general.  Think about newly weds in huge debt who love each other versus all those celebrities (say Hulk Hogan!) who have tons of money yet are getting divorced.

And going back to the kid, truth is, lol if you think that it's his opinion.  Obviously it's that of his parents'.  How else do you think he progressed quickly? 

Also, how do astrophysics help people? >.>   Go into Bio-Engineering boy. 

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By Jayge_

An 11 year old community college graduate who scuba dives and does karate who aspires to become an actor who uses his knowledge to change the world really isn't worth this much attention.

Or is he?
DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#63  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

If anyone watches Big Bang Theory, this kid is going to end up like Sheldon except 100x worse because at least Sheldon has friends and plays video games with his friends.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#64  Edited By Undeadpool

He's right, but neither does reading a book nor most other leisure activities.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#65  Edited By Jeust
@Godwind said: 
He's a future astrophysicist, a martial artist, a College Degree holder at the age of 11, and he doesn't like video games. Child prodigy Moshe Kai Cavalin graduated with honors from East Los Angeles Community College just last week, and made it known to the world that he thinks video games are "a waste of time."

Before you go attacking the kid, hear what he has to say: "I feel it's a waste of time playing video games because it's not helping humanity in any way." Okay, that is definitely flame-bait material, so I'll just have to remind you guys that he's only 11 years old

He may be a college graduate at such a tender age, but that doesn't mean he doesn't stand to learn anything new anymore. He's got his whole future ahead of him, and am sure he'll one day find the time to change his mind about his graduation statement - especially with college comfortably tucked out of his way.

http://wii.qj.net/11-year-old-college-grad-says-videogames-are-a-waste-of-time-/pg/49/aid/132007

"
I agree with the kid... in a way they are a waste of time... then again in another way they aren't. 

And the kid is still a kid, no matter what he has accomplished yet. And i feel sorry for him, because, sometime during his life he will get a very hard time, that will redefine him as a person. 

So don't take him to seriously, but consider what he has said. :p

@Dalai said: 
" Well when the fate of humanity rests on a Halo 3 deathmatch, then he'll see the light. "

That made me laugh like a crazy... i've seen the light :)

Good one dalai 
D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#66  Edited By D_W

Kids say the darnest things, don't they?

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BigBoss1911

Not helping humanity in any way....I dont think they're suppose to.Usually videos games are for entertainment or keeping someone occupied.

IroncladMerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By IroncladMerc

East LA community college? Not exactly that great an accomplishment. I think community college is a waste of time for this kid, he should have gone to a real school.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Pibo47

A) That kid has no life at all

B) That kid probably has not friends at all
C) That kid isprobably so fucking up tight everybody hates him.
D) Fuck that little 11 year old twit.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@IroncladMerc said:
"East LA community college? Not exactly that great an accomplishment. I think community college is a waste of time for this kid, he should have gone to a real school. "
Which is what I said earlier.  That's really not that great of a full education and probably on par with some high schools....
But you can't downplay the fact that he's only 11.

But he can always enroll in another later.
Inf225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By Inf225
@Godwind said:
Child prodigy Moshe Kai Cavalin graduated with honors from East Los Angeles Community College just last week,
Fuh... community college... thats not a real degree
DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DavidSnakes

Ugh, most things people do don't help humanity.   Lawyers, accountants, congressman.  Do they really "help" people?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@DavidSnakes said:
"Ugh, most things people do don't help humanity.   Lawyers, accountants, congressman.  Do they really "help" people?"

Indirectly....with the exception of congressmen.....some of them.
But really, those are the same as an entertainer who relieves the stress of people.   An accountant could relieve the stress of money obvious to an extent, etc.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#74  Edited By Vinchenzo

Well that 11 year old can go fuck himself. I'll keep playing my video games. This article in no way effects me. The kid is talented, and lucky for him he probably moved way too fast to be bullied.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By NekuCTR

There's a thing called book smarts and a thing called real life. This kid as probably spent at least 80% of his waking life reading a book or writing a thesis or some other school crap. With how little this kid probably knows about the real world I doubt his life could be even remotely functional beyond the astrophysics office.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By NickL

only thing i got from this is there will be one less 10 year old spamming the chat while i play my games, sounds good

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77  Edited By Optiow
@chrissedoff said:
" probably what's been drilled into his mind by his parents, who have probably made it their mission to rob their child of his childhood to set some stupid world records that will only make their child's future lack of significant accomplishments seem tragic.when i was a little kid, my parents wouldn't let me watch the simpsons, so i would tell my friends that the simpsons was a waste of time. kids will rationalize their parents' restrictions on what they are allowed to enjoy, because to do otherwise would be admitting to missing out. "
Very true.
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Black_Raven

He may be extremely smart but hes still just a kid that knows nothing about life. I don't take his opinion any more seriously then I would from any other 11 year old.

DeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DeadMan

I think hes just jealous because he has no time to play video games.  How bout he putts that karate skill to good use and fight crime.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#80  Edited By Black_Rose

And whe should care about what this brat thinks because...?

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By buzz_clik

I bet he's calling video games nasty things while he's secretly mad crushing on them. While he's pushing games over in the playground, he really wants to kiss them.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#82  Edited By Brendan

I don't know why the statement would be controversial.  Of course games are a waste of time, they're purely entertainment.  Nobody has to be offended, he 100% correct.  I play video because I enjoy the entertainment, not because I couldn't be doing something better.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#83  Edited By jakob187
@Dethfish77 said:
"Lazy, overweight, unemployed 19 year old says "I now hate all 11 year olds"."
FUCKING EPIC!!!

@Dalai said:
" Well when the fate of humanity rests on a Halo 3 deathmatch, then he'll see the light. "
FUCKING EPIC AS WELL!!!

So can I call this kid a dried-up coagulated blood cunt and no one is going to have a problem with it?  Because that's EXACTLY what I think.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

@Optiow said:
"
@chrissedoff said:
" probably what's been drilled into his mind by his parents, who have probably made it their mission to rob their child of his childhood to set some stupid world records that will only make their child's future lack of significant accomplishments seem tragic.when i was a little kid, my parents wouldn't let me watch the simpsons, so i would tell my friends that the simpsons was a waste of time. kids will rationalize their parents' restrictions on what they are allowed to enjoy, because to do otherwise would be admitting to missing out. "
Very true."

Indeed.

Sort of sad to see these kids, have any gone on to be the next Albert Einstein or anything like that?   I've never seen a story about these kids from 20 years ago and their future lives to be honest.   It's sort of like a child celebrity.
Ahh... well, best of luck to the kid though.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Systech

Well, fuck him.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#86  Edited By Seppli
@addictedtopinescent said:
"
@Seppli said:
" His opinion is very shortsighted.Let's look into the future of videogames and of humanity. Videogames are copy 'n paste. They can be everything. One fine day, the sensations of virtual space will be just as real as the ones felt in physical space. In physical space, nothing is copy 'n paste. Everything uses up resources. Physical objects can be very rare and only be possessed by a few. Luxurious sportscars or a seaside estate for example. Also, all physical consumption causes pollution, uses up resources and requires a lot of work. In the future of humanity, if we have one, all consumption, that can be virtual, will be virtual, since using up physical goods for leisure is irresponsible and sometime in the not so distant future, impossible for the masses.Mark my words. Virtual space will one day save humanity from extinction. And maybe that 11 year old loudmouth will grow up to build us our virtual haven... "
Bro, you always have really well tought out responses, I like that 
:P
Bro - I know! Gotta express myself! =D
Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Subway

Heh I enjoy how offended some people are getting over this, just a tad bit insecure.

Calidreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#88  Edited By Calidreth

As others have said, show me a Bachelors or Masters and I'd try to see more into this.  Nevertheless, video games and any "time waster" are good things for a balanced life style.  Overworking one's self is never a good thing and it can lead to depression and a lack of sociability.  The parents probably forced it on the kid, so hopefully he gets time to enjoy being a kid before being thrown into the den of lions that is the real world.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#89  Edited By asurastrike

I feel bad for him if he can't at least understand the appeal of video games. You can't always be doing things that "help humanity".

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By pause422

Being a college grad at 11 alone and being quoted for shit he says like hes fucking somebody special already made me want to beat his ass, but quoting him on that and then saying "hear him out and don't get mad, he's only 11" pisses me off even worse.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Dalai
@jakob187 said:
"
@Dethfish77 said:
"Lazy, overweight, unemployed 19 year old says "I now hate all 11 year olds"."
FUCKING EPIC!!!

@Dalai said:
FUCKING EPIC AS WELL!!!

So can I call this kid a dried-up coagulated blood cunt and no one is going to have a problem with it?  Because that's EXACTLY what I think.
"
Sure, but do it in front of his parents.  It's funnier that way.
Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

When he grows up, he will regret his life. Then he will built a time machine, to go back to his childhood; where he'll confront his younger self and tell the kid, "Don't say video games are a waste of time, my life...I'm mean..our life is shit!"  "You must play video games and actually be a kid!"   "You need to know the true meaning of fun!"

Thus, his life was saved. =)

deadmonkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By deadmonkeys
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#94  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

Helping humanity by being an astrophysicist instead of getting into microbiology, biophysics, or even aerospace engineering? How the fuck will knowing why our galaxy is a spiral or what the physics of a black hole are help humanity? This kid is an idiot.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By inkeiren

This kid makes me feel humble.

I don't care how wise or book smart someone is at 11, you just can't take their opinion seriously at that age. I don't care what he thinks.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#96  Edited By Rowr

kids got a bright future of dissapointment ahead of him.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By The_A_Drain

11 year olds are a waste of time.

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By NinjaHunter

I don't need an 11 year old to tell me video games are a waste of time. I already knew that but that doesn't mean they aren't fun and entertaining.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Aurelito

I wonder why this kind of graduations only occurs in America. colleges are to stupid, maybe. I'm not against him because I actually agree with him, Just asking an off topic question.
Frankly, education system in America makes people stupid and gives them this impression that they're very "scientific" people now. while it ain't fundamentally correct and if it could bee ever true, I'd be a damn scientist now. 

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By MOLE

Waste of time for HIM not us, because he's born naturally smart.

If anyone denies that then think harder about it.