15 games that will soon be mine: part 3.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dalai

Brought to you by the letter M... no wait, the other M.
For parts 1 and 2, click on the numbers.

5. Super Mario Galaxy 2

Yoshi!
Yoshi!

I place Super Mario Galaxy very high on my list of the best games this generation and is certainly one of my favorite games this decade.  Yet do I really need a sequel that will be more like Super Mario Galaxy 1.5?  Yeah, sure... I'll have more Mario.  This is one of those rare moments where a proper Mario game gets a quick sequel instead of waiting a generation to return, but in turn brings back much of the same instead of innovating and changing it up.  It's very much going to be similar, which is cool, but don't pull this shit again, Nintendo.

4. Borderlands

Have you seen my 3 million guns?

If you told me last year that I'd be buying Borderlands, I'd laugh in your face then shove you down a flight of stairs.  Now if you asked me that same question, I'd yell "FUCK YEAH!" in your face... then shove you off a flight of stairs.  How a FPS with RPG elements won me over is beyond my understanding, but Borderlands has done just that.  Yet I say meh to Diablo and Fallout 3, the two games Borderlands looks to emulate in some fashion.  Go figure.  I have a strange feeling that the art style won me over otherwise I'd be grinding through the boring brown wasteland of Fallout 3 as we speak.

3. Shadow Complex

Soon to be mine... if it comes to PC.

Shadow Complex is currently on a console I don't own, but I am praying to God that a PC port is in the works and gets released soon.  As a huge fan of Super Metroid and the whole Metroidvania genre, I'm excited to play a game which only comes along every 10 years or so.  The reviews have been very positive, all of you have been playing it, and here I am just sitting here playing the dozen games I bought in the past month.  If Shadow Complex doesn't come to the PC, I will be disappointed... but I'll find a way.  And no, I will not buy a 360.

2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Don't lick the Toads.
Don't lick the Toads.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a 2010 game so Nintendo is kind enough to give us some insane 2D Mario action in the form of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.  Yeah, it's the same old Mario platforming greatness we see every so often, but c'mon!  4-player co-op!  Mario meets Smash Bros.  Sold!  You shake the Wii Remote to make your propeller head spin.

1. Metroid: Other M

Mother Brain during her period.

As much as I love the Metroid Prime trilogy, the series needed to revert back to its Super Metroid roots and Metroid: Other M might surprisingly do just that... maybe.  The Team Ninja/Nintendo collaboration confuses and also somewhat frightens me, but seeing as Retro Studios, an unproven Western developer, reinvented Metroid last generation with amazing results, I have faith Team Ninja can make Samus look good.  The scant details look very promising so far: 3rd-person action reminiscent of the Metroid games of the past, dazzling cinematics rarely seen in Nintendo games, a more fleshed-out story, and some fancy new moves that are obviously inspired by the Ninja Gaiden games.  Metroid: Other M is still very much a mystery, but I can guarantee that I will be playing this on day one whatever they spew out.

That's all, folks!
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dalai

For parts 1 and 2, click on the numbers.

5. Super Mario Galaxy 2

Yoshi!
Yoshi!

I place Super Mario Galaxy very high on my list of the best games this generation and is certainly one of my favorite games this decade.  Yet do I really need a sequel that will be more like Super Mario Galaxy 1.5?  Yeah, sure... I'll have more Mario.  This is one of those rare moments where a proper Mario game gets a quick sequel instead of waiting a generation to return, but in turn brings back much of the same instead of innovating and changing it up.  It's very much going to be similar, which is cool, but don't pull this shit again, Nintendo.

4. Borderlands

If you told me last year that I'd be buying Borderlands, I'd laugh in your face then shove you down a flight of stairs.  Now if you asked me that same question, I'd yell "FUCK YEAH!" in your face... then shove you off a flight of stairs.  How a FPS with RPG elements won me over is beyond my understanding, but Borderlands has done just that.  Yet I say meh to Diablo and Fallout 3, the two games Borderlands looks to emulate in some fashion.  Go figure.  I have a strange feeling that the art style won me over otherwise I'd be grinding through the boring brown wasteland of Fallout 3 as we speak.

3. Shadow Complex

Shadow Complex is currently on a console I don't own, but I am praying to God that a PC port is in the works and gets released soon.  As a huge fan of Super Metroid and the whole Metroidvania genre, I'm excited to play a game which only comes along every 10 years or so.  The reviews have been very positive, all of you have been playing it, and here I am just sitting here playing the dozen games I bought in the past month.  If Shadow Complex doesn't come to the PC, I will be disappointed... but I'll find a way.  And no, I will not buy a 360.

2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Don't lick the Toads.
Don't lick the Toads.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a 2010 game so Nintendo is kind enough to give us some insane 2D Mario action in the form of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.  Yeah, it's the same old Mario platforming greatness we see every so often, but c'mon!  4-player co-op!  Mario meets Smash Bros.  Sold!  You shake the Wii Remote to make your propeller head spin.

1. Metroid: Other M

As much as I love the Metroid Prime trilogy, the series needed to revert back to its Super Metroid roots and Metroid: Other M might surprisingly do just that... maybe.  The Team Ninja/Nintendo collaboration confuses and also somewhat frightens me, but seeing as Retro Studios, an unproven Western developer, reinvented Metroid last generation with amazing results, I have faith Team Ninja can make Samus look good.  The scant details look very promising so far: 3rd-person action reminiscent of the Metroid games of the past, dazzling cinematics rarely seen in Nintendo games, a more fleshed-out story, and some fancy new moves that are obviously inspired by the Ninja Gaiden games.  Metroid: Other M is still very much a mystery, but I can guarantee that I will be playing this on day one whatever they spew out.

That's all, folks!
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I'm really excited for Borderlands as it combines two of my favorite things, capping fools and getting mad experience.  That sucks that you can't play Shadow Complex because it is a great game, I just purchased it a few hours ago.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

Borderlands looks amazing.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Baillie

Rabbids Go Home, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands and Shadow Complex are the only ones I agree with you on. I could completely miss the others and not care. :)

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ParanoidFreak

Borderlands looks so good, I'm amazed. Last year I thought it looked like a piece of crap.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By ThomasP

You should still play Fallout 3 if you have the chance. I'm going to when I get a PC, again. I'm stoked on all of those games and have the exact same feeling about Shadow Complex... hopefully it will come our way. Tats vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars would replace Shadow Complex to fill out my top five. Borderlands looks fresh.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Dalai said:

"
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By AgentJ

Its not a bad list in any respect, but It just feels like its missing a lot. Maybe I should do a list like this...

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By xyzygy

I was hooked on Borderlands ever since I seen that first trailer for it, back when it was only in French! When that girl turned her head around and she was all messed up, I knew this game was going to be something special. Then they changed the art style, which made me want it even more.