2011 year of great games!

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By kingzetta

Here are all the games I've beaten so far this year and not a disappointment in the lot.
I can say honestly I vastly enjoyed each one of them, as I've beaten most of them twice. All this disappointment bullshit has to stop. It's like Louie C.K said, "Everything is amazing, and everyone hates it." And that list does not even have Skyrim, AC:R, Saints row 3, Skyward sword, MGS HD, Catherine, etc 
This year was and is still going to be awesome

Games I've beat so far in the year 2011

1. Mass Effect 2

twice

2. Dead Space 2
3. Dragon Age II

twice

4. Brink
5. Mortal Kombat
6. Red Faction: Armageddon
7. Yakuza 4
8. Dynasty Warriors 7
9. LittleBigPlanet 2
10. Two Worlds II
11. inFamous 2

twice

12. Dungeon Siege III
13. Demon's Souls

for the third time

14. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
15. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
16. Resistance 3
17. The 3rd Birthday

twice

18. L.A. Noire
19. Bulletstorm
20. Batman: Arkham City
21. Dark Souls
22. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
23. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
tentkaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By tentkaylor

This is an awesome list. I played through Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 three times each. I really enjoyed both games. I liked Dragon Age 2 more than the first Dragon Age, but I think I was in the minority on that one. I am playing through LA Noire and Resistance 3 currently.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I certainly applaud your gamicity (how gamestic you are. Yes I'm making words up).

I'm too moody and easily-fatigued to keep going, so it usually takes me a year to finish a game. So I began with Dead Space 2 and Crysis 2, for example, in the first half of the year, which mean they'll keep dragging til the end of the year. L.A. Noire and Alice in the middle of the year, so they're dragging to next year. Witcher 2 and Assassin's Creed:R by the end of the year, they'll keep going til mid 2012. 

I suck.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lockwoodx

You listed 0 games I bought in 2011. No troll or any other BS, I'm straight up giving it to you like it is. Those games were not worth my money.

edit: before someone totally nerd rages out... I've borrowed a friend's PS3 and have played the shit out of dark souls. That imo is worthy of game of the year. The other garbage.... meh. ME2 was a 2010 game for me.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@Buzzkill said:

You listed 0 games I bought in 2011. No troll or any other BS, I'm straight up giving it to you like it is. Those games were not worth my money.

Really? What the hell did you play this year?

Also, "You're sitting in a chair! In the sky!"

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@kingzetta said:

And that list does not even have Skyrim, AC:R, Saints row 3, Skyward sword, MGS HD, Catherine, etc This year was and is still going to be awesome

I'm very excited for the Skyrim play-through tomorrow. And this is coming from somebody who didn't even care for Oblivion all that much. That's how much the awesomeness of Skyrim changed my mind.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kingzetta
@awesomeusername said:

You accidentally put Brink on that list... I'm just kidding, that's your opinion. Also, Mass Effect 2 and Demons Souls are from last year. But Mass Effect 2 for you because you probably played it on PS3? That would defeat the purpose of your name being gray though.(Which I think is the PC allegiance.)

yes I'm PS3 person, but gray is the color of neutral.
Brink actually was pretty fun in the summer of nothing coming out
Avatar image for ulquiorraschiffer
UlquiorraSchiffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By UlquiorraSchiffer

Needs more Sonic Generations

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kingzetta
@UlquiorraSchiffer said:

Needs more Sonic Generations

Well it's the games I beat not just 2011 games.
Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By SuperWristBands

Christ, you beat Totori already? I kinda fell off of that game. I'll play it again eventually. How long did it take you and what ending did you get (bad, good, true)?

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kingzetta
@SuperWristBands said:

Christ, you beat Totori already? I kinda fell off of that game. I'll play it again eventually. How long did it take you and what ending did you get (bad, good, true)?

I got the normal ending and took 42 hours. I have nothing to take up my time but games.
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kingzetta
@Buzzkill said:
You listed 0 games I bought in 2011. No troll or any other BS, I'm straight up giving it to you like it is. Those games were not worth my money.  edit: before someone totally nerd rages out... I've borrowed a friend's PS3 and have played the shit out of dark souls. That imo is worthy of game of the year. The other garbage.... meh. ME2 was a 2010 game for me.
Well that's sad
Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperWristBands

@kingzetta said:

@SuperWristBands said:

I got the normal ending and took 42 hours. I have nothing to take up my time but games.

Not bad, not bad. I get distracted by all the GB content then usually have an hour at best for games and I usually don't play any thing if it's only for an hour. I like to spend a lot of time on a game at once and that hasn't happened recently.

I do have the next four days off though and I intend to play a lot of MGS HD Collection.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By McShank

@kingzetta: How did you like Yakuza 4, 3rd birthday and Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland? I have been wanting yakuza 4 but everywhere around me is sold out so im waiting for either craigslist or break down and buy new from amazon. Also 3rd birthday I havent gone to get due to the mixed reviews and how if its not fun, it will sit with my other psp games : /

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kingzetta
@SuperWristBands: in the winter I have 4+ hours to play per day, in the summer I have zero.

@McShank
I think yakuza 4 has one of the best story this gen. 3rd Birthday is easily the best action game on the PSP. Atelier Totori is very charming and the cutest thing ever.
Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By awesomeusername

@kingzetta said:

@awesomeusername said:

You accidentally put Brink on that list... I'm just kidding, that's your opinion. Also, Mass Effect 2 and Demons Souls are from last year. But Mass Effect 2 for you because you probably played it on PS3? That would defeat the purpose of your name being gray though.(Which I think is the PC allegiance.)

yes I'm PS3 person, but gray is the color of neutral. Brink actually was pretty fun in the summer of nothing coming out

Well thank you for clarifying that for me. I always confuse the PC and neutral colors. I haven't personally played Brink because I don't even have a PS3 at the moment and that game looks downright boring to me which is sad. I was super excited about the game when I first heard about it and then it dropped when I saw more and more gameplay. The only 2011 games I've played are:

Battlefield 3: I pre-ordered it only so I won't have to pay for the Karkand expansion but I play it at my friends house.

Modern Warfare 3: I went to the midnight release with my friend(I will never go to one AGAIN!) and we played split-screen multiplayer for about 2 hours and I rushed through the campaign because I wanted to beat it. I enjoyed the campaign but playing the multiplayer alone is a bore.

Killzone 3: I only played the multiplayer for this so I'll have to buy this when I get a PS3 for the campaign and multiplayer because I love the mp.

Those are the only 2011 games I've played. I'm really sad now :( Damn you jobs I applied for that never called me!

Avatar image for ulquiorraschiffer
UlquiorraSchiffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingzetta: I am well aware of it. You have to beat it now. You have 25 hours, hurry go now! Wait. It's dangerous to go alone, take this. (Gives pack of grape flavored condoms and a firecracker). Now young warrior, by Azura's binding, go forth!

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kingzetta
@UlquiorraSchiffer said:

@kingzetta: I am well aware of it. You have to beat it now. You have 25 hours, hurry go now! Wait. It's dangerous to go alone, take this. (Gives pack of grape flavored condoms and a firecracker). Now young warrior, by Azura's binding, go forth!

but I don't like sonic, not even when it was new
GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GJSmitty

It's honestly refreshing to see this after all of the threads saying "2011, year of disappointments," "Anyone Else Disappointed so far" , etc.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kingzetta
@grant742 said:

It's honestly refreshing to see this after all of the threads saying "2011, year of disappointments," "Anyone Else Disappointed so far" , etc.

How can overly negative bitching be refreshing?
DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#21  Edited By DarthOrange

@Buzzkill said:

You listed 0 games I bought in 2011. No troll or any other BS, I'm straight up giving it to you like it is. Those games were not worth my money. edit: before someone totally nerd rages out... I've borrowed a friend's PS3 and have played the shit out of dark souls. That imo is worthy of game of the year. The other garbage.... meh. ME2 was a 2010 game for me.

You jaded ass hat. what did you enjoy playing this year (if anything)?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BraveToaster

Is Dungeon Siege III worth playing?

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kingzetta
@Axxol said:

I had fun with it, and I bought it for real cheap.
Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

surprisingly, i had bought Dead Space 2 on Steam sale several months ago, and i haven't even touched it, seeing this list makes me sad that my backlog of games seems so daunting, and will likely grow even larger by years end.

I hate having a life sometimes, i miss staying in all day (and night) playing games non stop

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kingzetta
@Bam_D_Leprechaun:  dead space 2 is pretty great and the ending is very good.
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BraveToaster

@kingzetta said:

@Axxol said:

I had fun with it, and I bought it for real cheap.

Thanks. I'll be playing that by year's end.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Afroman269

Waiting for Skyrim and Zelda before I start compiling my list.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#28  Edited By Little_Socrates

I feel awful every time I see the LittleBigPlanet 2 boxart as I really enjoyed the original (not enough for it to be one of my favorite platformers or anything, but did really enjoy it) and just completely skipped LBP2. I've heard it's excellent, but is it, like mind-blowingly excellent, or is it just really good?

Also, I should REALLY get back to Yakuza 4 in December, along with Shadows of the Damned and Alice: Madness Returns. The rest of this month is pretty well-swallowed by The Witcher 2 (which I hope to beat tomorrow,) Skyrim (which my roommate has preordered on Steam,) Assassin's Creed: Rev, Rayman: Origins, Zelda: Skyward Sword, and Saints Row The Third (which my roommate just decided to preorder.)

...I think I'll go play some of The Witcher now.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Arker101

@DarthOrange said:

@Buzzkill said:

You listed 0 games I bought in 2011. No troll or any other BS, I'm straight up giving it to you like it is. Those games were not worth my money. edit: before someone totally nerd rages out... I've borrowed a friend's PS3 and have played the shit out of dark souls. That imo is worthy of game of the year. The other garbage.... meh. ME2 was a 2010 game for me.

You jaded ass hat. what did you enjoy playing this year (if anything)?

Did you see his username?

w00ties

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By w00ties

That's an impressive list. The fact that you have squeezed both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls onto it has blown my mind. That's a lot of willpower and determination to foster within a year, especially considering how many other top-quality titles you have worked your way through.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kingzetta
@w00ties said:

That's an impressive list. The fact that you have squeezed both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls onto it has blown my mind. That's a lot of willpower and determination to foster within a year, especially considering how many other top-quality titles you have worked your way through.

I have a lot time on my hands and I can beat demon's souls in like 2 sittings.
I'm on new game ++++ and dude is overly powered at this point. it took me like 80 hours the first time back in 2009. Dark souls took the entire month of October to beat. I plan on beating it again in like April.
Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Aus_azn

It's probably kinda sad that the only games I've bought that came out this year, were Dragon Age II, DiRT 3 and Uncharted 3. I liked DA2 and D3 over their predecessors, but Uncharted 3...I feel bad that I wasted money on it.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By dietmango

@kingzetta said:

@grant742 said:

How can overly negative bitching be refreshing?

He means it's refreshing to see your list being a positive one compared to a bunch of threads popping up lately saying how disappointed they are about 2011 in general.

Anyway, great list. I've yet to play Mass Effect 2, Dark Souls, and LA Noire. Hopefully I'll still have some time before this year's over with. The demo for Yakuza 4 was pretty fun, I've been meaning to play that too.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kingzetta
@asian_pride: oh I thought he said the other threads were refreshing
Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Yeah, I loved the hell out of this year, I'd say it's been a fair bit better than 2010 and it's not even over yet. I mean, Portal 2, Witcher 2, Uncharted 3, Batman, MK, Xenoblade, Catherine, Gears, Shadows of the Damned, InFamous, Bastion, LA Noire, Battlefield 3, Driver: SF, Deus Ex, Child of Eden, Bulletstorm, You Don't Know Jack, Dead Space 2, LBP 2, those are all fantastic games in my opinion.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kingzetta
@Dallas_Raines: oh yeah I forgot about you don't know jack
redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By redbliss

That's a lot of games. I am lucky if I beat 4 or 5 games a year, and they are usually not releases from that year. Still dont think 2011 is as good as 2007 was, but it has been a good year.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By Simplexity

You sure enjoyed DA2 more then me if you managed to finish it twice, personally could barely stomach to play through it once.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DukesT3

still no 2007 when it comes to anticipation and SOOOOO many goddamn games, but good year nonetheless!

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Edwardryu

2011 is a good year to complete many new games for me. I couldn't do in 2010. I finished almost 85% of new games I bought in 2011 so far. it's pretty successful. so far mass effect 2 is my personal record to complete so many times. if you ask me, it is epic '40' times. I never did this madness before. it means that mass effect 2 is really the best game ever. the game is not still tired yet. nowadays, I have played FEAR 3. the game I bought in summer. but I didn't finish all chapters, and co-op. so I just completed single player twice on two different levels. I am focused on MP. FEAR 3 is very good game. graphic is very unique even though so much motion blur, ambient occlusion in the whole game through. it could make you headache or motion sickness. so be aware.

AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AnimalFather

stopped reading after i saw portal 2 wanst in top 3

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@kingzetta said:
@w00ties said:

I have a lot time on my hands and I can beat demon's souls in like 2 sittings. I'm on new game ++++ and dude is overly powered at this point. it took me like 80 hours the first time back in 2009. Dark souls took the entire month of October to beat. I plan on beating it again in like April.
man you are HARDCORE. Give me some of that gaming force you have
Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Still_I_Cry

I can't remember what I have beaten

I know for certain Crimson Alliance, LOTR War In The North, Mortal Kombat and that's it.

w00ties

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By w00ties

@AnimalFather said:

stopped reading after i saw portal 2 wanst in top 3

Uh. I'm pretty sure the list simply highlights the games he has completed in 2011. He hasn't placed them in numerical order to display how awesome each title was by comparison.

zaglis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zaglis

No Portal 2, yet finished Dungeon Siege 3. I'm sorry but I am afraid your list is invalid.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kingzetta
@AnimalFather: Well they are not in really any order, and I don't see what any sees in the portal games.
lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lockwoodx
@PrivateIronTFU:  It has been a huge year for indie and mobile games for me. Almost doubled my steam library and I'm working on a heavy backlog. Also I don't buy into publishers milking franchises annually. A game's life should be extended not exploited, so while people are frothing to throw money away on new buggy crap, I'm installing mods and going back to enjoy titles that are current, just not recent.
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kingzetta
@zaglis: if that gives me bad taste, then I have bad taste. I don't think portal one or two were funny at all.
sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I'll make my list at the end of the year but I just finished my 49th game this morning, Tropico 4.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BlinkyTM

16). GTA IV

15). Crimson Alliance

14). War in the North

13). Mass Effect 2

12). Zombie Apocalypse (I think)

11). Deus Ex

10). Dead Island (3 or 4 times)

9). Metro 2033

8). Fallout New Vegas (Second time with most of the DLC)

7). Fable III ( Twice with DLC)

6). Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (Second time)

5). Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

4). Perfect Dark (Xbox Live Arcade, Like 5 imes lol :P)

3). Mafia II (Twice)

2). Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Elements

1). Alpha Protocol (Second time I think, unless I never finished it the first time lol.)

I am preeeetty sure I beat all of these this year.