2020 The Darkest Timeline IRL - a banger of an end of generation

Arcitee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

2020 is shaping up pretty terribly overall but man this year is ending the gaming gen on a high note. I can pretty much guess what my top 10 of the year will be, it will be made up of whatever games I actually get the time to play because there are too many!

Competing with FF7R and TLOU2 This fall I am looking forward to:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Cyberpunk

Yakuza like a Dragon

Trails of Cold Steel 4

Sakuna of Rice and Ruin

Tony Hawk 1+2

Also havnt touched yet Ghosts of Tsushima and CrossCode

Thats just my personal list there are other great games for other tastes too! There are more potentially great games than anyone could ever actually play!

I can already imagine the Bombcast GOTY having like 15 games that each have only 1 person on staff actually finish and vouch for.

An amazing end to the generation.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By csl316

Doom: Eternal and Ori 2 are my two favorite games this year. Ghost of Tsushima is really winning me over, and I liked the vast majority of FF7 Remake. Not to mention some of the smaller games that have kept me busy. I didn't imagine games would get this good from a technical and gameplay perspective based on these system launches. Feels like developers this generation have really tuned games to be as fun as possible.

Been a heck of a year. In video games.

Ulfhedinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not that many titles for my taste in 2020 but there are some highly anticipated games, that I was looking forward for years.

Currently playing TLOU2 and judging by my slow pace and progression I'll be just done with it when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

Those are only 2 games I'm certain I'll play this year.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to sound like a curmudgeon, but for me, this year in games has felt like we've gotten well-made, but by and large disappointing games. There were mostly sequels (at least, what interested me) and my expectation was too high or simply different so I found a few too many things to criticize about them. That said, I still like all of them despite being disappointed and I wouldn't consider my time playing games this year as 'bad', not even close. I still have to go through FF7 Remake.

baltaronsteam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By baltaronsteam

Doom Eternal was enough to make 2020 a great year in gaming, for me. Never seen a game with so many systems and expectations from the player coalasce into a total frenzy of twitch and on the fly strategizing.

I truly recommend, anyone who hasnt played Doom Eternal on Nightmare - Really, give it a shot. You will die, but the game was built for this difficulty and once you spend some time getting comfortable in the Slayers shoes, youll see its an amazingly detailed and intricate dance of combat that kept me glued to the fight with 100% focus the entire time.

That being said - itll kill you alot, like alot alot. I think most people who played on the normal modes finished it in like 20ish hours... Nightmare took me and my friend over 55 hours to beat. I never expected it to have the longevity of an RPG, but it did.. and every moment was glorious.

I played with controller and if you decide to play it; get a controller with paddles. You want to map your "Dash" to the paddles so you can continue aiming while dashing around. I think the controller preset you want is "bumper jumper" if i recall correctly; it also puts the Glory Kills/Melee on a Right Stick Click; so again, you dont have to stop aiming to pummel a Demon in the face.

But ya, Eternal made 2020 for me. Everything else is gravy at this point and youre right - its some good damn gravy