30 hours of plane travel, need game suggestions

Avatar image for TheThirstyWhale
TheThirstyWhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i take off tomorrow for 15 hours and a couple weeks later i've got another 19 hour flight back. bringing my surface pro, any suggestions on what i should be playing? and no, there is no internet available on this flight. thanks.

PinkFloydPLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You better hope the plane doesn't crash in the ocean and you suffer a slow painful death drowned.

Broomhitches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You better hope the plane doesn't crash in the ocean and you suffer a slow painful death drowned.

I've never heard of that game before.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Fearbeard

Sorry, really don't know what's on Surface Pro.

I guess check out the Halo: Spartan Assault if you haven't yet.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SamStrife

@broomhitches said:

@pinkfloydpla said:

I've never heard of that game before.

It's pretty fun. Mind you I saw that because every time I'm on a plane, I end up playing it and winning.

OP: Whilst I'm struggling to think of anything immediately, I'm sure there's a ton of games you could download for free and enjoy. Stonesoup is a great Roguelike. To be honest, I'm not sure what the technical limitations are on the Surface Pro's.

TheThirstyWhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've won that a few times now.

surface pro can run stuff like xcom, so i'm really looking for some decent steam game suggestions

TheThirstyWhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samstrife: thanks, will definitely pick up that one

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epilepsy said:

@samstrife: thanks, will definitely pick up that one

No problem man. It's the most accessabile RogueLike out there. To be honest, I only mentioned it because I wan unsure what the Surface Pro was capable of running. Now you've said it runs XCOM, I have a good idea of the bar. I'll get back to you. Quick question, can you hook a 360 controller into it or are you limited to keyboard and mouse?

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, I'm not sure what the technical limitations are on the Surface Pro's.

The surface pro is more or less ultrabook level specs beneath the hood. Any game that would run on a Macbook Air or general ultrabook should run just fine on a Surface Pro assuming the keyboard is up to snuff and such.

FTL would be oodles of fun and can run on a toaster, but that game will only get you through a few hours. Minecraft should run alright on low settings as well.

Any old games like Half Life 2 should be fine too.

Are you willing to bring an Xbox 360 controller with you? That would open up a lot of options with console ports on low settings.

One important thing is if you can get power to the surface pro since gaming at all on it will give it a very short battery life as well as reduce game performance.

TheThirstyWhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samstrife: i could do a 360 controller, but just thinking that sitting in the cheap seats, might be best to stick to keyboard/mouse to avoid extraneous wires and stuff everywhere, but if you've got something worth playing, i'll make it happen

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

FTL & Cook Serve Delicious! == Flight over.

TheThirstyWhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel@slaegar already have FTL ready to go, been saving that one since i picked it up off of one of the humble bundles. and yes, there are outlets on my plane, so good to go on power

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33