360 Demo Available

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By WinterSnowblind

You can now download the demo on Xbox Live.
Add to your queue

It lets you play as Sonic or Banjo, single or multiplayer, through one of the Sonic courses. 

No Caption Provided

I'm aware many people have been somewhat skeptical about the game, but I have to say it's actually really good.  As has been pointed out before, it's being developed by Sumo Digital and is actually running on the Outrun 2006 engine, so if you've played any of the recent Outrun games you should have a fair idea of what to expect, it plays almost exactly like those with a bit of Mario Kart thrown in.  It's very obviously a clone, but I don't really consider that to be a bad thing.  It handles fine, the courses are fun and there's a lot of lovable characters..  Definitely a very fun game and at the very least worth checking out.

The full roster of characters is:
 Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Eggman
Amy Rose
Shadow the Hedgehog
Big the Cat
AiAi
Amigo
Ryo Hazuki
Beat
Alex Kidd
Billy Hatcher
Zobio and Zobiko
Ulala
B.D. Joe
Jacky Bryant & Akira
Bonanza Bros.
ChuChu Rocket
Opa-Opa
Banjo-Kazooie (Xbox 360)
Miis (Wii)

With more scheduled to be coming as downloadable content soon.  Characters like Gum and Gilius Thunderhead which were in the Tennis Superstars game are very likely to be brought over, and the developers have placed several hints about Toejam & Earl, Vyse (from Skies of Arcadia), Vectorman and Ristar.
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By handlas

looks like this bugged out and got posted in general discussion.  (or did you mean to post it here cuz you didn't say the name of the game :o)

I'll check it out.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Thanks for the heads up man. I will give it a go.. I'm a bit skeptical about the game alright.

Guess the characters are just not my favorite choice.

However i won't knock it without trying.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

Looks fun. I'll have to check it out when I get back from class.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Karmum

Topic made about this around an hour ago. Seems like the GD bug strikes again, and the other topic has the title of the game in it.

Here.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

Oh god, anyone see the box art though? The title design has no less than 4 fonts in it, and takes up half the box. It's insane! 

But I don't want to play an old outrun game, and this is pretty lazy of Sega, as per usual these days, so I'll be skipping this. Though if I'm kinda glad they're at least acknowledging the existence of some good 'ol Dreamcast era Sega characters. Hopefully that means they'll do something with those franchises, and try to at least resemble how awesome they were back then.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By handlas

I played it.

From what I remember of Mario Kart....this feels like a more arcadey Mario Kart...if that is possible.  But with some framerate issues thrown into it.  Hate to say it's a kiddy game...but it is probably best suited for the young ones.

If I buy any cart racing game, the only one that sounds fun and interesting is Modnation Racers.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By lordofultima

General bug strikes again, I see. I moved the other thread about this demo into the games boards, available here. Locked.