404ing it panel archive

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Here is the archive for the panel Ryan was apart of. Link. It is pretty much just them just watching videos and commenting on them. I thought it was pretty bad to be honest, Ryan and Pope did not look like they wanted to be there. Did laugh when Ryan called the panel a failure about three minutes in. Anyway what do you think duders.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

Wooooooooooo-boy. That was something.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Side Question: Will GB's panel be available to watch?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

Ryan is a brilliant dick.

The panel was kinda meh otherwise.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By mrfluke
Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I tried to watch it live, but the video tends to just constantly fucking stutter -- only playing about 3 second every two to five minutes.

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This panel was the worst.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Milkman

This is pretty horrible but Ryan is such an amazing asshole that it's worth watching.

EDIT: Okay, Pope's segment is pretty great.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only good thing to come of this panel is Pope's segment leading to my discovery of the song Strokin'.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Dalai

Of the three panels I went to at PAX, this one was my least favorite. It was missing breast milk, in my opinion.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aegon

How long is the panel? Why the f*** is it part of a 14 hour archive?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who was at the GB pax pannel this year? Was one Richard Gallup in attendance? ...I miss that guy.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This panel was a disaster. No direction, nothing interesting. If I wanted to watch Youtube, I'd just go to Youtube. The only redeeming thing about it was Ryan pretty blatantly making it known that he thought the whole thing was dumb.

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NakAttack

This panel was a disaster. No direction, nothing interesting. If I wanted to watch Youtube, I'd just go to Youtube. The only redeeming thing about it was Ryan pretty blatantly making it known that he thought the whole thing was dumb.

yup

@aegon: It's about an hour long. That archive is for day two at pax east. I put a time code in the link url so the video opens on the 404 panel.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By musubi

Ryan is at his absolute best when he is just berating people and generally being an asshole.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By reckless_x

Ryan looks like he hates being there from the start. I love it.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Pope's segment was pretty good. Ryan being just a huge dick was funny. It was also funny how butt-hurt the host was at Ryan giving him shit. I did feel a bit bad for that guy. But God. Everything he brought to the table sucked.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By myke_tuna

I feel like this might play better in a room where most of the people aren't on the internet most of the time and have seen all the videos on display.

Except for Pope's segment and the Ayds thing. I hadn't seen either of those.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Ryan whenever he acts like an asshole. The guy to the right's face is hilarious.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It wasn't that bad. Ryan being an asshole is always entertaining. And Eric Pope is Eric Pope, so that's always good. And the other two were fine as well.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Holy shit, Ryan is NOT happy to be there. XD

This is great in the worst way possible.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It wasn't that bad. Ryan being an asshole is always entertaining. And Eric Pope is Eric Pope, so that's always good. And the other two were fine as well.

Yeah, I didn't really have a problem with the other two. They seemed fine to me. Sure, it wasn't a great panel by any stretch of the imagination, but I didn't hate it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Pretty awful, especially the guy with the AYDS videos. He was quite bad. Good on Ryan for being a dick about the AIDS jokes throughout the whole thing.

I take solace in knowing that I can always count on Ryan being a complete asshole when he wants to be.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Darji

Ryan did never give a fuck even before the panel started. Just look how late he actually send the videos XD

Beside that I thought the Ayds thing and Polterghost thing was funny. The promise could have been funny but the cast was not up to the task and they did not plan it very well. Worst thing was the host^^

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for the doublepost but if you think this panel was bad. Go watch

Borders and Bullets: Global Game Controversies

Right now on twitch.... They are offended by stuff in far cry 3 and ridiculous fishing......

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It's so god damn horrendously awkward, but I can't stop watching it. I need help.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#28  Edited By Icemael

Not a great panel, but still glad I watched it because of the sick Pokemon choir video.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was there and thought it was okay, but I *definitely* would have hated it if it wasn't for Ryan and Eric Pope. I was actually able to talk to Ryan about it a bit after the CAH panel and he was actually pretty professional talking about 404ing it in spite of him seeming very unenthused as it was going on, mentioning how he liked variety in what he was involved in. Definitely appreciated him at that panel in spite of everyone's general reactions to it. Twitch.tv should have streamed CAH over 404ing it; if only the schedule was switched around to enable it.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fucking terrible, how to make fun of AIDs, rare congenital diseases, child deaths, starving african children and the holocaust...in a single panel...
Because videogames...

qawsed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To paraphrase something Alex once said, Ryan is drinking that water like a man resolved to hang himself in the men's room immediately afterward.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Subjugation

Fucking terrible, how to make fun of AIDs, rare congenital diseases, child deaths, starving african children and the holocaust...in a single panel...

Because videogames...

Seriously. The AIDS segment was super uncomfortable and in poor taste.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@trafalgarlaw said:

Because videogames...

I find it very inappropiate to call the tribute videos to that little girl a meme, implying that paying a tribute to a girl that died a horribily unfortunate death is an internet fad and somehow she killed herself because she feared of the future. The AIDS segment was to illustrate how unfortunate brand naming can kill off your brand. I find it difficult to appreciate that kind of dark humor since I know very well what AIDs can do to people but it was at least interesting piece of history.

I'm sure they didn't mean it in a offensive way but c'mon..."YAY we are still alive HOOrAY us!"?
Didn't they have better jokes or actual segments? People actually payed to watch youtube videos about puppies with live commentary? The fuck...
Let Patrick write a story about this...y'know...stuff that an actual a room full of gamers cheers for...

k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By k9

@subjugation said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

Because videogames...

I find it very inappropiate to call the tribute videos to that little girl a meme, implying that paying a tribute to a girl that died a horribily unfortunate death is an internet fad and somehow she killed herself because she feared of the future. The AIDS segment was to illustrate how unfortunate brand naming can kill off your brand. I find it difficult to appreciate that kind of dark humor since I know very well what AIDs can do to people but it was at least interesting piece of history.

I'm sure they didn't mean it in a offensive way but c'mon..."YAY we are still alive HOOrAY us!"?

Didn't they have better jokes or actual segments? People actually payed to watch youtube videos about puppies with live commentary? The fuck...

I concur. The AYDS segment was at least historically interesting but the Eric Pope segment about him soliciting everyone to make a meme out of tribute videos of 80s child star was just outright trash. And when audience chose to not shower him with obligatory tepid applause he had the gal to beg the audience to applaud for him, lacking complete awareness of why the audience wanted to move on to next segment ASAP.

Embarrassing behavior all around.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Reading all of your posts makes me really want to watch this but also not watch this. Hmm...

It's between this and Argo, really.