A Belated Extra Life 2019 Stream

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Edited By asmo917

Did you think your chance to donate to Extra Life had passed? Were you only interested in donating during a poorly produced amateur stream? If those two things are true, I have some fantastic news for you!

This Saturday, December 7th, I'll be doing my 3rd lifetime "Extra Life for Slackers" stream. From 9 am PST Saturday until 9 am PST Sunday, I'll be playing games on the PC, PS4, and Xbox 1 while trying to convince folks to donate to Extra Life in support of Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, OH. What can you expect? I tend to stream slower paced games - more strategy, tactics, or management sims. As a solo streamer, those give me things to dicsuss as I talk about what moves I'm making and trying to set up for the future. This year, I plan on playing some BattleTech (with all the new expansions), Magic: The Gathering Area, Battlestar Galactica Dreadlock, Prison Architect, Hearthstone, Slay the Spire, and plenty more. For more action oriented games, I'll probably dip into Hitman 2 (including the legacy pack maps) and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. I also wouldn't rule out some MLB: The Show on PS4 and a tour across Star Wars games from Jedi: Fallen Order to Rogue Squadron to Tie Fighter.

Why so late? My career's busy time is from October through November. As soon as I commit to anything non-work related in that time frame, much less streaming video games for 24 hours, I can almost guarantee there will be some "crisis" at work requiring my attention. So I wait, I watch the GB and friends streams and support as many people as I can, and then try to get in this stream as one final reminder that Extra Life donations are welcome year round.

I rarely stream so I don't have much of a following, but this community has always shown up for Extra Life. If you can donate, great, and if not, I'd love for people to just pop in the chat for a few minutes and offer moral support. Or spread the word about Extra Life. I hear it's all for the kids.

https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=399234

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Good luck, and have all the Batmans!

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By asmo917

@sparky_buzzsaw: That's a fantastic idea - revisiting at least Arkham Asylum if not City and Knight, too!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Tweet at me when you go live and I'll try to signal boost you a bit!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would very much like to see this. I'm off all next week so this works out perfectly.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you @rorie, will do for sure!

And if anyone else like @shindig is considering dropping in, I've put together a very loose "run of show" type document. I probably won't follow this to the letter, but it's more so I have an idea of what to play and don't spend 30 minutes browsing various libraries. Like past years, I plan to do 6 blocks of 4 hours, alternating between PC and console. This gives me nice, reasonable, natural breakpoints to get up, stretch, walk the dog, etc. Here are some initial thoughts, and I'm always open to suggestions.

9am - 1pm (PC)

Daily Quests in MTG: Arena and Hearthstone

Hitman 2 - first run on all non-tutorial levels, various challenges/level mastery unlocks

1-5pm (Xbox One)

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - mid-to-late game? First story visit to Dathomir

COD: Modern Warfare - campaign from the start, maybe some bad multiplayer

Mutant Year Zero - early post tutorial missions

5-9pm (PC)

BattleTech - new campaign with all DLC, post opening tutorial missions

Gloomhaven (Early Access)

Griftlands (Early Access)

More older Star Wars? (Rogue Squadron? Dark Forces? TIE Fighter?)

Diablo 3

9pm - 1am (PS4)

MLB The Show 19 - daily challenge, latest Moments, Signature Team or Team Affinity grind?

God of War - from the start

Invisible Inc

Witcher 3 - midgame

1-5 am (PC)

Phoenix Point?

More Hitman 2

Slay the Spire

Prison Architect

Spleunky

Path of Exile (prior experience: like 30 minutes of playtime)

Arkham Asylum/City

5-9 am (Xbox)

Borderlands 3

Halo: MCC

More COD? I'm anticipating all my brain will be able to handle at this point is "left trigger, right trigger"

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanted to say thanks to anyone who donated, watched, or help spread the work about this weekend’s stream. I had a blast except for hours 19-22, where I both hit a wall and had issues with my PS4 streaming.

As an incredibly rare streamer, I’m proud to have raised $335 for Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, OH and been a small part of team Giant Bomb’s quarter of a million dollar+ effort this year.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@asmo917: Congratulations, and awesome work!