Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Animasta
@GunnBjorn said:
" Nier. The game was really good. Most people didn't play it for more than three hours. Really, then the game's starting to open up! "
word!

also alpha protocol
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By KaosAngel

Big Rigs

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By FunExplosions

Demon's Souls and Big Rigs

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By CL60
@Video_Game_King said:
" Final Fantasy XIII, because the game before it was the bad one with all the cutscenes and lack of gameplay. For some reason, though, people seem to love the shit out of it while they continue to speak ill of Final Fantasy XIII. "
I agree.
robot4me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By robot4me

GLADIUS. Had sorta crappy visuals when it came out but it was a unique take on strategy games. It had you running a gladiator school and also participating in the fights. you take more then one fighter into a fight. you could get zombies, skeletons minotaurs, wolfs, bears, ogres, barbarians, desert people, roman like warriors, undead casters and magic wielders.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By Sambambo
@SpikeSpiegel
@ProfessorEss said:
" Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
"
I second that!
One of my all time favourite games! It was a joy to play throughout.

I wish people liked everything Rare has done with Microsoft more. I have loved every single game (pdz not included) they have made since joining.
Avatar image for chaoskiller2000
Chaoskiller2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#57  Edited By Chaoskiller2000

Neir for sure I had a blast with that game this past year!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Mirror's Edge for an increased potential of a sequel.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By captain_clayman
@Azteck said:
" Alpha Protocol, so there would be a sequel. But Sega didn't like the response it got. ): "
agree.  i want to see obsidian make a game like it, but make the combat system...good. 

and the graphics.  that game was butt ugly, though i dont usually care about graphics, that game just looks bland and flat as hell.
Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Obsidian

I wish everyone liked FFXIII so they would shut the hell up about it being the biggest disappointment of their lives.

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By dexterslu

Honestly, I don't really care if people like it or not but  The Saboteur is one of the more under appreciated games this generation. I don't think the game is phenomenal. I think it was accurately rated by most outlets, but there is something to the Assassin's Creed/Sly/inFamous rooftop maneuvering and stealth gameplay. Plus, there are so many explosions. At the very least the game is worth a couple hours of your time if you enjoy open world games. 

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Jadeskye

Alpha protocol.

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63  Edited By blackbird415
@AjayRaz: 

HOLY CRAP THAT VIDEO IS CRAZY.

My one problem and only problem with the game is that some of the levels are really hard.
I never could beat it it was so hard. Other than that I enjoyed the game alot
SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SlightConfuse
@LackingSaint said:
" Bioshock 2 because it's depressing how many misconceptions there are about it "
agreed also the multiplayer is good as well
Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By Cwaff

For an overall I would say fighting games in general, would love to see them as a big thing again. On a more personal level I wish my friends liked the Mass Effect series. They won't even touch them because they "Look so bad"... and ignored them while they were dead cheap in the Steam sale! What will I do to convert these heathens!?

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

The first Mass Effect. I thought the gameplay was amazing when you didn't play the game like most of the block headed GB Staff (ie playing soldier, the least interesting playing character that was focused on shooting in a game that had a less than excellent shooting system), not perfect, but I think the RPG elements of that game in particular were really under valued. Which is why Mass Effect 2 was just a shooter with very light RPG trappings.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#67  Edited By bed
@blackbird415: playing the story mode? forget about it. i can't tolerate anything in that. the best thing to do is just use cheats to unlock everything that you'd unlock in the story mode and have a blast in the free roam / survival modes. that's how i enjoyed my time with it. 
Hairy_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Hairy_Fish

Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive and Lost Planet. Franchises I mean.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#69  Edited By ThePickle

I think Fable 3 is great. 

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#70  Edited By jacksukeru

Usually I'd say Bionic Commando, but really, if that game didn't have the numerous bad game and story decisions that it had, more people would have probably liked it. I still think the swinging was great fun, especially once you mastered it. 

I wish everyone loved the Ape Escape series so they would make more of them. Real ones I mean, not whatever those were that were not the real ones.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By buzz_clik
@cnlmullen said:
" Jumping Flash! "
Hell yeah. It's one of those games that I've finished multiple times but still pull out every now and then to have another crack at. Just pure, unadulterated fun.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#72  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I wish everyone liked the Might and Magic series so I could talk to people on the internet about Might and Magic without resorting to Might and Magic community sites. Because, quite frankly, the Might and Magic community is a bunch of bitter, xenophobic retro elitists. Also people who can barely speak English. And also so they would make another serious Might and Magic RPG and not stuff like Dark Messiah

Also Fire Emblem. For the same reasons.  As far as I can tell, the only other vocal fan of that series on these forums is Video_Game_King, and we've already pretty much exhausted our discussions on that particular subject.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Azteck said:
" Alpha Protocol, so there would be a sequel. But Sega didn't like the response it got. ): "
Yup ;(
Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Teoball
@HandsomeDevil said:
"I think Fable 3 is great.  "

I agree. The boss fight at the very end is underwhelming but everything up to that point I really liked.
kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By kishan6

spartan total warrior was sick. not as good as god of war but..... 

id say metal arms glitch in the system

mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#76  Edited By mrcellophane
Brütal Legend.

Seriously, I fucking loved the world and everything about it - granted, I'm a metalhead who was getting ready for Wacken Open Air during my first playthrough, but I don't see why it wouldn't appeal to others as well. Sure, the gameplay was flawed, but that didn't stop it from oozing charm. Oh, how I long for a sequel that will never come...
Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#77  Edited By Bolt

Advent Rising. I loved that game despite all the hell it got.

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Potter9156

If everyone liked Morrowind, the world would be a better place.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I wouldn't want to change anyones genuine opinion on a game, rather I would wish that people gave more games a chance and formed their own opinions, instead of listening to their idiot friends and idiot journalists and claiming their opinion as their own having never touched the game. Like Alpha Protocol, the original Mass Effect, FFXIII, Fable, Alan Wake. All great games that got ignored for this very reason.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Aus_azn

Final Fantasy XIII. It wasn't as crap as people said, I get the feeling that its poor performance exists mainly because most people didn't put in the time to reach Gran Pulse. Once you're there, it's great; the 20 hours to get there is awful.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By scarace360

Melty blood. Come on people buy a copy cause it sucks having to bring my copy to casuals.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By GunslingerPanda
@Aus_azn
Final Fantasy XIII. It wasn't as crap as people said, I get the feeling that its poor performance exists mainly because most people didn't put in the time to reach Gran Pulse. Once you're there, it's great; the 20 hours to get there is awful.
Agree on it not being crap. Disagree on Gran Pulse. As soon as you got there all plot and character development just stopped for like ten hours.
TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#84  Edited By TehFlan
mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mrcellophane
@GeekDown said:
" Alan Wake is such a great game, but I constantly hear people talking shit about it. I really just wish everyone would love it! "
Those birds have literally caused me to have nightmares
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86  Edited By Snipzor

Not so much that everyone would like, I just wish everyone bought and played Beyond Good & Evil. Game deserved to be loved, still does.

mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By mrcellophane
@Getz said:
" Brutal Legend. If you all played it online you'd realize there's fun to be had. To bad no one is online playing it... "
Actually, I'm still putting off playing it online to get the trophies, because I'm sure that I'll get mauled by pros since I really suck at the battle part of the game.
We could play it online sometime if you want, though? :)
Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#88  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
@RockmanBionics: Stole my words right from me, though I don't think I had any problems with the gameplay or storyline.  
Most people complain about the shooting feeling weak, but I remember mowing through most common enemies really quickly and the complete linearity of it didn't bother me because I wasn't expecting anything open-worldish. 
The complaints about the storyline I understand though, it was ridiculously stupid right from the get-go, I just wasn't surprised by the incredibly stupidity of it.
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#89  Edited By Griddler

As mentioned before: Mirror's Edge, Metro 2033

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#90  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Elite Beat Agents, maybe that way we'd be looking at a sequel to it being released in the west. While Pikmin 2 was a pretty big success I also wonder whether if we'd seen even more people enjoy that game we'd actually be getting a Pikmin 3 in the relatively near future.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#91  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Jagged Alliance 2.  It doesn't translate well to a modern audience, but I sure do wish we had a new one.  Same goes with Silent Storm, Quest for Glory, and Titan Quest.

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By blackbird415
@AjayRaz: 

Yeah thats what I did most of the time, but I tried going through the story. Its really only particular spots that I really got stuck at. And what I mean stuck I mean 6 months to a year stuck
mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By mrcellophane
@robot4me said:
" GLADIUS. Had sorta crappy visuals when it came out but it was a unique take on strategy games. It had you running a gladiator school and also participating in the fights. you take more then one fighter into a fight. you could get zombies, skeletons minotaurs, wolfs, bears, ogres, barbarians, desert people, roman like warriors, undead casters and magic wielders. "
QUOTE FOR motherfucking TRUTH! Goddamn, Gladius was a good game! I'm surprised nobody seem to have heard about it. Very fun strategy game in the vein of the new King's Bounty games but different - much different.
Damn, now I want to play it...
salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By salad10203

The DOA fighting series and Spy vs Merc multiplayer.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@Enigma777 said:
"@GunnBjorn said:

" Nier. The game was really good. Most people didn't play it for more than three hours. Really, then the game's starting to open up! "

I got to the part where you fight a giant shark with tits, at which point I quietly slipped the disk into it's sleeve and sent it back to Gamefly. "

Unfortunate for you, it was one of the greatest games of the year.
jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#96  Edited By jacksukeru
@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
" @RockmanBionics: Stole my words right from me, though I don't think I had any problems with the gameplay or storyline.  Most people complain about the shooting feeling weak, but I remember mowing through most common enemies really quickly and the complete linearity of it didn't bother me because I wasn't expecting anything open-worldish. The complaints about the storyline I understand though, it was ridiculously stupid right from the get-go, I just wasn't surprised by the incredibly stupidity of it. "
Actually, I just don't like that they made Joe the villain, especially after playing Re:armed where he just seemed so likable. The main problem with the shooting was that you didn't really get to use your other guns as there was almost never any ammo for them, that and a few more enemy types that wasn't just variations of the soldier and mech would have probably helped a great deal (There weren't anywhere near enough flying machine encounters either, loved those). Also Super Joe's Machine Gun seemed just like any other machine gun, despite there even being a line where Joe says he's "made some modification over the years" it doesn't feel badass at all, especially compared to the version in Re:Armed.

More than that I wanted the stages to be a little larger and less restrictive. Some levels could have easily fixed this just by easing up on the radioactive zones because those killed you way to often in places they didn't have to. I feel like the later levels in the jungle and the caves did this better than the earlier ones, I just wish there was more of them. Also it would have been nice it the transition between them was smoother i.e. shorter  loading times. 

Then there are the annoying design decisions like forcing you to pick up every collectible on a single playthrough (When I did this I accidentally swung through an exit trying to grab the last one of an area, if I hadn't been prepared I wouldn't have been able to quit the game before it would autosave in the next area, forcing me to play through it again). 

Really I could go on picking out every little thing, but it's really only because I love the game so much and wish it did all that stuff better that I'm whining. It's the only game I've ever bothered to Platinum for christ sakes. Playing through it on Commando it took three hours and increasing the sensitivity of the camera (thereby increasing the speed of the aiming with your arm) to beat the first battleship boss, but I did it and I loved it! 

I'll stop now.
No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By No0b0rAmA

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky. It's my personal favorite in the series as well as one of my top 10 games.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Demyx
@extremeradical said:
" Terranigma. "
I played a couple hours of this game on an emulator, enjoyed it a bit.
Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spelunky 

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#100  Edited By kalmis

I wish that everyone loved and played Super Meat Boy or VVVVVV, but those are just too niche games. I bought VVVVVV for my boss and he has played it whopping 10min according to his Steam account.

I also hoped that Mafia 2 had done better. It was beautiful story driven game. Not an open world game like it gets categorized. WRONGLY.
It would have been nice to see Brutal Legend do better as well. Everything in that game was great, well except for the gameplay.