A Invitation to KOokAVille

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

I will soon be building a town in Animal Crossing Wii and all Giant Bomb's Wii people are invited :D

The town of KOokAViLLe will not be a place that good and godly Nintendo could have ever envisaged, oh no. Instead this town will be a hedonistic society where Giant Bomb's members can contribute very much in the spirit they do here.

This KOokAViLLe, will actually be the third in a trilogy. I will give those who visit a history of how it all started, in town and in a AC Mail.

KOokaViLLe
's inhabitants will welcome you all with open paws. Have your Luchadeer Mii Masks ready for the grand opening ceremony!, day!.  (three players at a time, lol)

Aside from all the Wii Speak, I hope your all well and playing some awesome games right now. I am, quite a few in fact.  The truth is I feel like I am in some sort of state of gameshock right now, somewhat bewildered by the numerous games I am playing  :(. This is terrible for me, I am very much from the oldschool, a time when you played games till the end, and only then played a new one. I am starting to think it's actually ruining my experience of these games, so I have decided to kick back on less. But it's been very hard to resist lately :)

I am now fucking dying to get my hands on Left 4 Dead PC!. Quite frankly, I am mighty impressed. I've been reading a few derisory comments around on the forums and elsewhere. These people have not got a fucking clue, Left 4 Dead has a ton of gameplay magic locked within that deserves to be discovered. These people are oblivious, do not listen to Levio91, lol. Yeah I know you don't.

I bought this awesome shiz today, more pre Christmas shopping :D. I got them at Forbidden Planet in London

Baddass Bro is so well made
Baddass Bro is so well made
Vampire Savior's Demitri. I really love Forbidden Planet
Vampire Savior's Demitri. I really love Forbidden Planet
I bought two Chun Li 15th Anniversary pads sealed and in mint condition, with the Street Fighter Special Edition Udon comic inside.
I bought two Chun Li 15th Anniversary pads sealed and in mint condition, with the Street Fighter Special Edition Udon comic inside.
Mr Luma wants your Star Bits
Mr Luma wants your Star Bits

I have two Ryu ones also, those have been opened, and yes his has a Hadoken hologram that moves when you actually perform one in the game. It works to a decent effect.

Udon art is awesome, that's why it features on SF2 Turbo HD Remix
Udon art is awesome, that's why it features on SF2 Turbo HD Remix

Japanese
Saturn versions get added to the collection. It's a fucking obsession lol ^^

Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Savior
Vampire Savior
Alpha 2 Saturn, finally!
Alpha 2 Saturn, finally!

Bought the1st Edition of the game on the left. Obsession.
Bought the1st Edition of the game on the left. Obsession.

Heart Lei Lei's Level music from Vampire Savior! :D

Have a great weekend people, whatever you end up doing. I myself will be watching this cinematic masterpiece with some of the boys.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By ArcBorealis

I want that Mario figurine...so bad :(

And your getting AC: City Folk, huh? Sounds cool, I'm gonna get it too. Hopefully on the day it launches.

Have a good weekend, man.

sloppyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By sloppyjoe

JP Saturn disc cases look awesome.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By StaticFalconar

until there is a patch for me to throw coconuts at people there, II think I'll skip.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks
Alaska Gamer, the Luigi one is equally cool, same stance/pose, from the opposite direction. I will try and get that next week. I went insane with the spending yet again so thought I would just leave It for now, seeing as they had more than enough to last till then. Hell yes, and your more than welcome to visit the haven that is KOokAViLLe anytime Alaska Gamer.

sloppyjoe, all Japanese CD/box art looks better, and it's been that way for a long time now.

Static Falconer, yeah, somehow I doubt you will be able to throw Coconuts in this version, but it would be awesome if you could.

snake911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By snake911
sloppyjoe said:
"JP Saturn disc cases look awesome."
I concur.

Also, I like the SF controllers.  I recently bought the Ken version.
AttackedCamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By AttackedCamo
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

I think it will be right up your street seeing as though you have a like for Surf Ninja's : /

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Have people seriously made decent looking Luchadeer Miis? If you have one, I'd totally appreciate it if you could upload a picture.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gary_Jinfield

Ah, my wi-fi has been a bit non existent lately. (Likely due a slight difference in internet, or something to that effect) I'll have to sort out the issue before I can join in on the fun. (Assuming I attain Animal Crossing: City Folk that is)

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Endogene

As soon as i get my hands on that game (end of the month i guess) i'll come and pay you a visit.

How many hori sticks do you actually have?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

Cool Gary.

Endogene said:
"As soon as i get my hands on that game (end of the month i guess) i'll come and pay you a visit.

How many hori sticks do you actually have?"

Two for the Wii, to be fair to the spirit of competition. I could not just get one. I got a good deal on them both as I bought them at the same time.  You do know that the green one above is a Dreamcast Joystick ;)  It's not Hori made but as good as in terms of quality.

Cool, it would be kinda neat to hook up on there with a few people from Giant Bomb.

I was thinking seeing as though some are already doing it perhaps in time as the forum grows we could conduct  and record a Nintendo related podcast over Wii Speak. Well it's just a thought but I think it would be pretty neat if well organized. Not a regular podcast, just when a lot of Nintendo news hits on ocassion.

What do you think of that idea in concept, using the Wii Speak channel to do that?

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Endogene
Linkyshinks said:
"
Cool Gary.

Endogene said:
"As soon as i get my hands on that game (end of the month i guess) i'll come and pay you a visit.

How many hori sticks do you actually have?"

Two for the Wii, to be fair to the spirit of competition. I could not just get one. I got a good deal on them both as I bought them at the same time.  You do know that the green one above is a Dreamcast Joystick ;)  It's not Hori made but as good as in terms of quality.

Cool, it would be kinda neat to hook up on there with a few people from Giant Bomb.

I was thinking seeing as though some are already doing it perhaps in time as the forum grows we could conduct  and record a Nintendo related podcast over Wii Speak. Well it's just a thought but I think it would be pretty neat if well organized. Not a regular podcast, just when a lot of Nintendo news hits on ocassion.

What do you think of that idea in concept, using the Wii Speak channel to do that?

"
It should be do able, so long as everyone talking on that podcast wears a headphones to prevent echo ing it would be fine, also my guess is that the sound recorded by wii speak is of better quality that the shitty pc microphones that most of us have lying around.
Also one of the those of the podcast will have to branch his tv output to a PC (an inexpensive double male 2.5 millimeter jack would do the trick) imput in order to record it.

I like your idea of only recording when there is actually something to say instead of just small talk about the games that are being played for half an hour.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Linkyshinks

Cool, we can keep it in mind. Like you say, on the technical side of things it is very easy.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gary_Jinfield

This talk of a podcast has piqued my interest. Would it be open to all individuals in terms of participation?

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By brukaoru

Sounds great Linky, but I will not be joining anytime soon. Maybe when the price drops to $20, but even then... Perhaps a rental. I just don't see much of a change from the GameCube Animal Crossing game enough to warrant a purchase right away.

I'm really happy to hear about the prospect of a podcast though, I think that would be really cool! Especially hearing from a couple regular GiantBombers!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187
Linkyshinks said:

I had one of these sent to me for free when I ran BonusStage.  I sold it for $30 to a friend that plays fighting games far more than I do.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Emilio

You sonnabitch... where are you getting all this good stuff??

And what about all those pre-christmas presents?? >:(

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Linkyshinks
Gary:::

We are now thinking against the whole Wii Speak thing. In truth I think it would be more of a novelty more than anything else. There is better technology we could use that is less cumbersome and known to be reliable. However, I think there could be still be room to utilize Wii Speak in some form on a show, perhaps even in a competitions which can be recorded. i think we have a great opportunity to use it for some crazy crap. I can already think of a few ideas. 

The show will not be live, It will likely be distributed in a traditional download or stream fashion, although I think it would be great if it could be very speedy, hitting soon after news hits.

I will create a thread or blog soon for those to ply suggestions, perhaps some would also like to have some involvement also, if that's the case it will be the thread to make it known.

Bruk:::

That's a shame, you of all people are someone I would have loved to have over, Tut tut, I had big plans, really big plans, I thought we could have gone flower picking and bug hunting together :(

Seriously, if you get a Wii, get it cheap and join the fun. AC is not the kind of game you rent, instead it's one you buy  and play consistently in bursts for relaxation. There is something charming about the simplicity of AC, in a Zen like kinda way It's almost like one of those sand pits with funny shaped rocks.

I am well aware the game is a complete joke :D, but it has no flaws and it works well enough. It iss AC through and through.

Jakob:::

That was very generous and commendable of you if it was sealed. The 20th Anniversary passed away with fuss, no controllers or game was released to coincide with it, that's why these are special or anything else that has the 15th logo emblazoned on it.

These  are official 15th Anniversaty products also, pretty cool I am sure you will agree; (I need a few more)

Emilio:::

I travel to three different shops across London to source what I need for my collection, as well as using some online sites that I trust on the odd occassion.  Retail stores that specialize in Retro consoles/games are a rarity in the UK now, but I am fortunate there is one on the outskirts of London that gets a ton of cool stuff. It's a heavy commute from where I live but it's always worth the the trip. I always end up seeing the next big purchase, the next must have thing that makes me think, fuck I need to have that, bad.

Those were not pre-Christmas presents, just pre Christmas shopping, for myself.

Does anybody know any US stores that specialize in retro games?. Preferably those that provide a mail order service also?