A legit concern I have with the 360 going into the coming years.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Like many of you, I like my 360 quit a bit. I like the games, XBOX Live (even though I dont play online that much), and Acheivments (even if I dont really go out of my way to get them over say Trophies, but I do like them. I just dont really perfer one over the other). I also liked the fact that, at the time, it had some of the best looking games. Oblivion was really the game that made me say "holy **** this looks amazing, I have to get a 360 for this." but I didnt have the money at the time,so I had to wait for the straw that broke the camels back,Gears of War.Gears of War pretty much had the effect that oblvion had on me with its visuals, times about 2 or 3. It was the best looking game weve seen yet on a console at the time, and I really think that was one of its main selling points. Going on in the years since we saw the release of the PS3. and lets be honest that didnt have the greatest 2 or 3 years. But, sure enough, they started to get their S together and start releasing very very good looking games and finally gave 360 real competition in the HD space. However, I felt that they were pulling too far ahead of 360 in visuals. A console that was once touted as a graphics beast was now showing signs of age in its visual quality for its Exclusives compared to the direct competition, and has honestly seem like its really hitting a wall in terms of visuals. Althoughy Alan Wake and Halo reach look quit good, I really dont think anyone is going to say they look better than God of War 3 or Uncharted 2, you may even have trouble convincing people they look just as good (including me). I know graphics arent the end all be all, lord knows PS2 proved that, but I do really think theyre important. If your console cannot keep up graphically with your direct competition, then you more than likely will be viewed as a weaker, inferior console, and I dont want that to happen to 360. Its a great games machine, but it hasnt really advanced meaningfully graphically since late 2008 IMO.

I know this type of thread can come off as Flame bait, but really, I should have the right to address a concern I have about a console I own without being persecuted for not always praising it and never questioning anything about it. I really tried to make this thread as balance as I could, I would appreciate people atleast reading it before they make their comments.

Its really a concern I have going into the coming years of this console generation, because honestly, im not convinced 360 games can look a whole lot better going into the future, atleast judging by the rate theyve advanced lately.

(note: my first topic got Luchadeered, so thats why it was blank.)
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

Naw, this isn't flame bait. I agree, the 360's graphics aren't as good as the PS3's, but the 360 is still a good console. Graphics aren't at the top list for me, but good graphics are always a plus. I guess the only thing we can do is just wait and see if the graphics will get better.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Afroman269

Well since I have both, I don't really care for graphics. I know the PS3 will churn out better looking games now but graphics isn't everything. The 360 still has great games to play and will continue to. 

kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kelbear

Who cares about your console's rep? Just play the game and enjoy it or don't enjoy it. Your console isn't you.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By iam3green

i have to disagree. i still think that the 360 has some great looking games that are going to be coming out. alan wake is one of the games that are going to look awesome in the upcoming month/ year. ps3 does have a lot of great looking games like heavy rain. heavy rain was the last game that i played that was new in released.