A personal story on why to purchase the Great Adventure pack 2010

LuchaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By LuchaBear

In case you didn't hear, Tell Tale is offering a great deal that ends today called the Great Adventure pack where you get The Whispered World, The King's Quest collection,  Jack Keane, the first Penny Arcade game, Puzzle Agent, and perhaps Sam and Max season two if 5,000 purchases are met. When you purchase the $20 pack, a great deal if you ask me, $5 goes to a selection of five charities. Check it out here at  http://www.telltalegames.com/adventurebundle

I was disappointed to see early today that not even 2,000 purchases have been made. So I'm asking you to help support this cause, and if I may be so bold, ask that you give you donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. 

In February 2009, my 22-year-old girlfriend was diagnosed with APL leukemia, which kept her blood from clotting  cuts or bruises to a very life threatening degree.While she went into remission after a brave struggle in Aug. 2009, this January she had a relapse and was admitted to the Cleveland Clinic for a bone marrow transplant. The clinic is about 50 minutes away from her home and the costs of traveling their could have piled up for me and her family, but the Society helped provided us with gas cards to help ease the burden of those expenses. Her mom was able to come visit her almost every day for the six weeks she was in the hospital because of these cards. 

Also, the Society gave us a few hundred dollars for expenses, which we mostly used on food while at the clinic for us and my girlfriend once she regained her hunger at the cafeteria (the patient food was.... hit or miss at best).  

Now Sweetie has gone into remission again and should be fine. She  is back in college getting her master's degree. Still, I hope you gave a free Jackson to get some great games and can give the $5 to the Society, though any of the other charities are great causes as well. 

Thanks for you time!

digthedoug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By digthedoug

I bought it first day (and also chose the Leukemia society). Even if none of it went to charity, $20 for all those games is totally worth it. It is really disappointing to see how little has been bought :( People jump on the Steam sales, I wonder why this one hasn't worked as well...

jeremy.hasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jeremy.hasse

Probably just struggling for notoriety. If it was up on steam's front page banner it'd be a huge hit.

Will check it out today, didn't know about it before.

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By HydraHam
@DigTheDoug said:
" I bought it first day (and also chose the Leukemia society). Even if none of it went to charity, $20 for all those games is totally worth it. It is really disappointing to see how little has been bought :( People jump on the Steam sales, I wonder why this one hasn't worked as well... "
Because they only offer 1 episode with the episodic games? to be honest only 2 games on that list interest me and im pretty sure they are only giving 1 episode of each of those and the same to any other episodic games on that list. Not to mention i am completely against digital downloads i hate it and prefer to own the physical media i don't like having an ISP, Site and machine dictate when i can access it (rather needing an install and ISP is down, pc crashes, site crashes etc.)
digthedoug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By digthedoug
@Styl3s:

The Penny arcade game is the only one where there is only Episode 1 and not 2. Sam & Max is the entire second season. King's Quest is the entire first 7 games. The other 3 are standalone games on themselves. So that argument really doesn't hold up.

On the other hand, if you don't like digital downloads, I can understand that, although I think some of your reasons do not apply to all digital download sites (GOG for example). A lot of these games are only available that way though (although if you buy S&M digitally they will send you a nice disc with extra features).

jackbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By jackbag

If I were more interested in the games offered, I'd totally go for this.  But as it stands, this is nothing I'd be willing to drop twenty bones on.

It's a great idea, though - I jumped on the Humble Indie Bundle when it came out, and designated a good chunk of what I paid to go to charity.