A positive thread about what you're currently playing

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

@cikame: Odd way to frame your experience. Some ppl love Killer7 like me! Hope you stick w it!

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@liquiddragon: I haven't looked at reviews or anything i just know there are people who don't get on with it, but i really like it so far.

mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

@frodobaggins: Welp, so much for my positivity. Thanks I guess? >_<

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezmero: sorry 🤣 maybe you will feel differently, but I thought there was a big step down in terms of quality from act 2 to 3. Feel like I could almost feel the dev team running out of time.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am weirdly playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 again...

After the MW beta I have the COD itch again, and I think it's terminal. Trying to limit my use of Operative special abilities/equipment to mirror a more MW play-style. I do tend to get annoyed with the amount of rockets required to bring down a scorestreak in BO4. Seems near impossible to take down a gunship or sniper's nest for example, requires like 4+ rockets and they are absolute killing machines.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Playing some Gears 5.

I played Escape for a couple of hours with friends on night. It was some fun bit-sized Gears.

I played a bunch of Horde with my kid last weekend and managed to play a couple hours with friends another night. It was some fun Gears where we cranked up the difficulty because I ain’t got time to play 50 waves, these days.

I’ve also played through the first three acts of the campaign. The open world is an interesting move. I think I’d rather have traditional, linear gameplay, but I’ve still explored every nook and cranny.

Overall, this game is probably my 3rd favorite I’ve played this year. It’s been a really good time. I think Control is my GOTY so far, followed by MK11.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1957  Edited By Seikenfreak

Stumbled on Blasphemous last weekend. Never seen or heard of it, didn't know it existed, and didn't know Giant Bomb even covered it. Was just bored as hell, endlessly browsing around Steam hoping to fill the emotional void when I saw this. After battling my usual indecisiveness, finding out there was no physical release yet, I picked it up on PSN as I've had $75 of credit just sitting on there forever.

Glad I did because it's kinda awesome. The visuals, the music and, for the most part, the gameplay. I'd call it a mix of Dark Souls, Diablo 2, and Castlevania. I've got about 15 hours on it, currently paused and writing this because breakfast and being pissed off at these bullshit rooms that are clearly designed to frustrate a person. Prior to this, the game has been relatively easy/simple, which I like! I know everyone rants and raves about Hollow Knight; I've tried it, I like the visuals, but the gameplay and combat is too tight and fast for me. I want to relax and enjoy it but not sure I ever made it beyond the first boss. For some reason I can do all the Dark Souls games, the combat and patience, but I just don't have those skills in the 2D environment. Old mario games are lame.. /bringit

My only complaints are like.. very tiny, specific movement or hit/grab detection elements. For the most part it's not a problem but sometimes you're trying to grab a ledge and it doesn't for some reason and then you fall and or die. Or dodging through attacks can be an issue. Like I said though, it's been somewhat easy so far which means it hasn't been an issue. Until this stupid area I'm in. Also have no idea what is going on with the story but I'm intrigued and the cutscenes look cool, and lots of lore stuff, and voice overs are generally good if not a little uneven in quality. Like some were recorded in a studio and others while on a toilet.

Really cool game. Certainly around the top of my GOTY list. I'm hoping the devs or Limited Run puts out a nice physical copy so I can add it to the collection.

Edit: It really is starting to feel more bullshit-y though. Lots of things where you just get hit constantly and I don't know how you are supposed to.. not. So I end up just brute forcing my way and nearly dying when I succeed. Most times I just die. I'm surprised and disappointed by this sudden down turn.

Edit2: Making progress again but geez. I'm guessing they modeled this difficulty curve after Dark Souls 1, but I did the first set of tasks, then had something of a more important and definitely more difficult boss fight that opened up into maybe the second half of the game? Or maybe its even longer than I thought. Level design, enemy placement, and bosses have all been more difficult since that part.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1958  Edited By liquiddragon  Online

Goddamn, super addicted to Grindstone. Great music and sound effects wrapped around a simple yet satisfyingly strategic match puzzle. Did not expect to get so hooked. I have to see how and if the game evolves. So far they've thrown new wrinkles to the game at a perfect pace. Atm, it could end up my GOTY. Everyone needs to check it out!

My only complaint is the artstyle, which I don't care for at all. Oh well.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Detective Girl of the Steam City.

I like that the main character reminds me of Naoto.

aReyouKiDDinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone like Fortnite? I do lol

fish303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers