A positive thread about what you're currently playing

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2151  Edited By FacelessVixen

Y'know, with this quarantine thing in effect and my workload being pretty light, I might as well break the 1,000 hour mark in Fallout 4. I'm at 966. Logging another 34 won't be a problem. Hopefully I won't have to update all of the mods I installed.

I lied again. I'm just playing things at random.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

I’ve just go through the first Telltale Batman game, it was a wild ride, im on the sequel now,l. It has already surprised me with its story telling. Having a good time.

donutello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wollywoo: I would love to be able to erase my memory and play Outer Wilds again! And i am also looking forward to anything new from Mobius

donutello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2154  Edited By donutello

Folks, I finished A Plague Tale. Why is nobody talking about this? Some people do, sure, but everybody should play this. It's so engaging and I don't think I ever played a game with bigger heart. Closest comparison is probably The Last of Us, and almost everybody seem to love that one. A Plague Tale doesn't have such a high budget, but it is still a beautiful game without a doubt. It has gripping story as well, more interesting setting and much better gameplay. It blows my mind and I love it!

It's on game pass too (at least on PC) even though it's worth every dollar of it's original price

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 14

Just yesterday I finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps and that was a really fun time. Some of the chase sequences suffer from the same problem of having to re-do them over and over until you get it right as the original. Pretty moving story at times and I like the way it ended which was also a little too real for these times.

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Finished chapter one of Judgment, good story and atmosphere, but pretty dull gameplay-wise...so far.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2157  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Persona 5.

Been wanting to play this game ever since it came out but my lifestyle for the past 3 years has made it kind of difficult. Now with this whole social distancing thing though I finally got a chance to sit down and enjoy it (played like 15 hrs so far).

It's pretty much everything I wanted and more. The characters feel a lot more human and relatable than the past 2 games and the combat system is fluid and addictive. Couldn't ask for a better game to distract me from these trying times lol.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Shadow of the Colossus remake looks nice. Pity going back to it has ruined some childhood memories for me. Fuck.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

DOOM Eternal kicks ass literally. I'm getting my ass kicked on Ultra-Violence, but it's so satisfying figuring out how to get through each fight. I was going to platinum it, but the battlemode trophies require too much playtime. Can't wait to get through the campaign again after I am done with it.

crippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently 10+ hrs into hollow night (ps4) really enjoying so far. Recently played through all of the shovel knight treasure trove which was fantastic too. With the messenger being one of my favourite recent-ish games to come out which i played last year i'm starting to think 2D platformers/metroidvanias are my fave genre

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2161  Edited By Shiftygism

Holy crap they drop so much on you in Chapter 2 of Judgment, it's insane. There's no reason those first five hours or so had to be so focused on the main story. Of course they couldn't toss the likes of Ass Catchem into the mix when you're knee deep in a serial killer case, but that introduction period could've used a bit more variety.

Good game though.

I also ran into a nasty clipping bug where I got stuck in a parked car after pulling off one of those finisher animations. I hadn't saved in hours, but thankfully after about ten minutes a police chase fight sprang up and the cutscene managed to warp me out of my predicament...

Loading Video...

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grand Prix Legends has the best engine sounds of any racing game ever. It's so loud and it has that weird sense of accomplishment you don't get from most sims. Namely, doing something ordinary (dare I say slow and pedestrian) and feeling really proud of it.

norm9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back to chipping away at morrowind on xbox one while WFH. Story is so political and complicated that I don't understand all the motivations and backgrounds of the factions but damn if it isn't interesting enough to keep going and see what happens.

Love the music, but is there only like four tracks total in the game?

inevpatoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2164  Edited By inevpatoria

@norm9 said:

Love the music, but is there only like four tracks total in the game?

Yes. But it gave rise to one of the best Youtube music tracks of all time.

Also, I could talk about Morrowind all day. Please keep us updated on your progress!

Loading Video...

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

This has been a good excuse for me to dig into the backlog.

Children of Morta is fun. It's giving me the ideal Diablo type feeling without the lifeless, mindless feel that Diablo III has for me. My one complaint is none of the characters grabbing me besides John but I just got the Pyro daughter and still have one more to come.

State of Decay 2. I do like a lot about this but feels a little bit of a chore in the early game but I'm sure it improves. Also as a co-op game its lacking. Unfortunately it feels entirely tuned for "I'll dip into my friends game" vs "me and my friend are playing a whole campaign together". As the partner, you can't even see any management menus, no matter adjust anything, and you can't use their survivors. Not to be too negative. There's good management stuff here I like and I love games that have a real strategy game feel despite being action games. I just have issues with certain elements, like the co-op implementation to the weird world bits like big honking hearts creating the plague I guess?

Mortal Kombat 11. Had put it off forever but finally getting into it. Haven't done the story yet but just been messing with characters and doing some towers and unlocking stuff. I really enjoy Shao Khan most, continuing my trend towards big brawler and grapplers in Netherrealm games. I do like Jax, Raiden, Sub Zero so far as well. It's fun. The variation stuff makes things complicated and could be handled better in a way that let you explore and see differences. Its a lot to figure out at first but I do like the added depth of these systems. It keeps someone like me, who is into RPGs and stuff, something to fiddle with that keeps me going longer.

I still have a lot more to play more of. Some of this is stuff on Xbox Game Pass but I also have Battletech, Into the Breach, and RE2 Remake among other games to play.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked up Game Pass, being stuck at home with the virus stuff and all...Bleeding Edge has been a ton of fun (the first game to pull me away from Apex Legends since I started playing it, actually).

Gonna give State of Decay 2 & Gears 5 a try over the next couple of days. They look promising, especially for "free" :)

Honkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2167  Edited By Honkus

Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night.

So much fun!

Steam, that switch port ain't great.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Been getting back into Assassin's Creed Odyssey while this whole social distancing thing is going on with an eye to actually finish it and delve into the DLC. I've been dipping into it off and on over the past year and a half, racking up some 72 hours so far, and I absolutely love it, maybe even more than Origins which was my game of the year for 2017 and the first game I got all the achievements for since Oblivion. I've more-or-less been an Assassin's Creed fan since II came out and I've played all of the mainline games to some degree, but the new action RPG direction the series has taken has really solidified it as one of my all time favorite franchises, especially since Bioware and Bethesda have been dropping the ball lately as the big mainstream RPG studios. Odyssey is comfort food, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink AAA game design at its finest and I wouldn't have it any other way. The world is gorgeous and endlessly fun to explore and traverse, Kassandra is a delightful protagonist, and the way all the questlines, emergent systems and miscellaneous mechanics feed into each other, build off one another and compel me to keep playing is impressive as hell. The way everything flows together into a constant stream of fun stuff to do creates something akin to a Civilization-style "one more turn" compulsion...just one more quest, just one more cultist, just one more nation battle.

At the same time, I completely get why some people have taken issue with Odyssey being so overwhelmingly huge and overstuffed with mechanics. If you're trying to rush through it to write a review or or you have very limited gaming time and want to just see a story through to the end, this is suuuuuuuper not great for those kinds of situations. But playing it off and on over the course of over a year, it feels like it's meant to be something of a single player response to the rise of Games as Service multiplayer titles, as a massive world filled with interesting things to do and fun toys to play with over the course of months or years rather than being binged all at once. The only reason I'm picking up my pace now is Assassin's Creed Viking Time is on the horizon and all the leaks I've been seeing have me incredibly excited for what's coming next.

TL;DR AC Odyssey is frickin' great and I love it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 14

Surge 2 is getting it's hooks into me in the same way the first one did. Instead of playing Doom Eternal which I actually paid full price for, I find myself going back to hacking off limbs on this Game Pass title. I don't know how to say this but I wish the game had.. better production values? More money behind it? The gameplay is great and highly addictive just like the first one, and they've added a lot of nice quality of life changes. It's a shame that quite often it really feels like a "cheaper" product. Like the textures and level design often looks cheap.

This is definitely one of those series that really deserves to be in the spotlight and talked about but whether it's budget, talent, or whatever else it's just not punching above that certain threshold where the mass market will take notice. I was a fan of the original, which incidentally I think did some of the atmospheric design a lot better even if the levels were extremely samey looking, so I'm fine with overlooking the technical hiccups and whatnot to get the fun gameplay. Most people probably won't.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got into Nioh 2 last night and I'm surprised at how much I'm digging it so far. The combat feels incredibly satisfying, and having a full blown co op mode is a great change of pace in a souls like.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Saints Row The Third. Been a while since since goign though it twice on PS3. Still one of my favorite open-world GTA-like games overall; my-all time favorite being Saints Row 2.

grhmhmltn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing Mass Effect: Andromeda from the beginning again. I played it when it came out but...grew...fatigued by it. I've always felt obligated to go back and finish it though...

My solution to how frustrating the content is is to roleplay that Ryder has very little interest in conversations with people and helping people generally lol totally different from how I roleplayed Shepard.