A positive thread about what you're currently playing

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#2201  Edited By Mezmero

Continuing through my Steam backlog I've been digging into Prey Mooncrash. What a cool thing to do with these game assets. It almost feels like the design for Void Bastards was prototyped off of this or something. Also impressed to see a successful implementation of the zapping system from the original Resident Evil 2 which even that game didn't get quite right. Gonna keep at it and see if I have what it takes to escape with all 5 survivors in one run.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Waiting for my copy of Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution for Switch to show up since I'm on a Yu-Gi-Oh nostalgia trip at the moment; to the point of buying actual cards for the first time since 2004 because I wanted a complete Exodia set, Mirror Force, Dark Magician Girl, and the non-playable/display versions of the Egyptian gods. My early teen self is very happy right now.

Also, still in a Fallout 4 k-hole.

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@stephen_von_cloud: I love it. Like how they branch out with some new designs of the xenomorph without going overboard with the colors like Konami did in their arcade shooter, and the four characters with all those different attacks and combos keeps things from ever feeling like it drags. It really has made me re-evaluate some of my all-time time favorites which lack any sort of variety.

Kemuri07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought waaaaaaay too many games during quarantine and I have no hope of finishing any of them. But what I am playing is.

Yakuza Kiwami 2: I actually skipped Kiwami 1 because I felt what I played of Kiwami was such a noticeably downgrade from Zero. I get that it's not really that games fault since Zero is a more recent game than the original Yakuza, but I couldn't get into it. Kiwami 2 though is fucking outstanding so far.

Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise: It's like Yakuza if you took out all the things that are good about that franchise. Whereas I find Yakuza enrapturing, Fist of the North Star is just dull. Which is suprising considering that Kenshiro is Anime Jesus who can explode heads. But it exposes how Yakuza can get away with its excesses: the story really is that good. Fist of the North Star is a lot of dumb anime, but it still wants to function like a Yakuza game. So rather than let me get to what I want to do, which is explode heads, it forces me to wait because it needs to do the Yakuza thing of going around town and doing substories.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@shiftygism: Yep. it's on the short list and like I say and you allude to, one of those beat em ups I play and get annoyed that its strengths and features aren't ones that are picked up and carried forward. Between games the depth and technicality of this, the combo customization of a God Hand, the group brawl feel of The Warriors, I find so many great games with examples of gameplay that could carry the Beat Em Up genre forward past where I think it's been pigeonholed as shallow.

I think SoR 4 is supposed to have a cool combo system at least. By showing the retro characters are in the game they actually got me interested in that one some, not a fan of the artstyle otherwise. By then it looked like similar to SoRRemake which I'm down for lol.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Cloudpunk has really arresting characters and story, I love how the world really looks like it was made of lego, not like the lego games or minecraft, just the way it's done especially with the lighting makes it look so nice to drive around.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

The Outer Wilds has so much to explore but the content is provided at a pace that makes the 22 min time limit less restrictive. I keep finding new things but I'm not really sure where they're leading me.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gears Tactics.

What a pleasant surprise. I just made it through Chapter 1 and it's been a ton of fun.

The cover-based action of regular Gears translates very well to turn-based strategy. The various weapons have been given to specific classes, and each class has their own skills. There's a skill tree with interesting unlocks, and a weapon and armor upgrade system. You can perform actions in any order which I much prefer over the more rigid system in the newer XCOM games.

It's got pre-, mid-, and post-mission cinematics that's been telling a good story so far, mid-mission checkpoints, and boss battles!

It looks great, sounds great, runs great. And it's included in Game Pass.

If you like XCOM or the like it's a no brainer. Check it out.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2209  Edited By The_Nubster

Started Hades at the behest of a friend last night. I was holding off because I tend to avoid Early Access games for fear of burnout, but it was late at night and I was kind of at a loss for what else to play.

Just have to say, holy moly, what a great time it is! The idea of meta-progression in a roguelite tends to turn me off, since it feels less about being good at the game and more about grinding out the upgrades and unlocking abilities, but Hades strikes a great balance. I made it almost to the first boss on my very first run, made it there on my second, and beat the first boss on my third. I had hardly touched the progression at that point, and it really does feel balanced around a mastery of the systems as opposed to an endless grind to pad our mistakes out. And, as is the case with Supergiant games, the art direction and feel of the game is incredible. It's fascinating to see how concepts from their other games made it over here, and the moment-to-moment gameplay feels almost just like Pyre, only if Pyre had a sword in it.

I'm really having a great time so far, and I think I'm on board to check in with it regularly as it goes along, instead of waiting for 1.0.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2210 Shindig  Online

Telling Lies came out for the Playstation 4 recently. I missed Her Story but I think I would prefer this to it. It's really, really well acted and written. It benefits from having the cast interact with one another, as well. As far as I know, Her Story was centred around a police interview with a single subject and you didn't hear the interviewer. This time around, you're not completely missing context.

It's pretty damn good.

Top8Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2211 Top8Gamer  Online

I'm playing FFXV on Stadia. It's been a ton of fun and doesn't make me feel so bad about not being able to play FF7 remake yet. Hope there is more to it though. They kind of overwhelm you right out the gate opening everything up at once with 4 member party with all the ability trees and open world but is that it? Once you get use to these mechanics does the game add to them or is it just more the same for the rest of the game? Either way for now it is still fun.

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2212  Edited By Shiftygism

I'm positive the PS4 version of GTA III has an incredibly stupid glitch (beyond the purple nines not spawning) which will prevent a 100% completion of the game. When delivering the last of the seven emergency vehicles to the docks, despite being given the completion message for doing so, if you do not stay there as it loads, it will not give you 5% of the overall completion stat. I was going for the plat, had everything done, and was sitting at 95% with no clue what was missing as I had beaten the game at least five or six times back before Vice City released. After a little digging around I noticed a few people reporting the same issue, and sure enough their discovery that you have to return to the dock to get that last 5% got me the plat. Shit's weird as I had dropped off the last of the vehicles a good ten, fifteen hours beforehand.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After putting about forty hours into Astroneer after watching Brad and Vinny's streams I decided I still needed my space miner fix so decided to get Into Space Engineers. It is equal parts tedious and frustrating but gives way to being satisfying in all the ways goal oriented games are. Every setback is an opportunity to make things better. Every problem has a solution and the game has given you all the tools needed to solve. The game has been receiving regular updates accomodating every style of play, every instance sports a massive world and the space around it as you own personal sandbox.

I had to watch a tutorial just to get started since the game is relatively involved but once you understand how the grid systems works and how every object has it's own settings and physics that you may need to adjust you should be building and fighting space pirates in no time.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2214  Edited By Shindig  Online

Daymare 1998 is ... a mess but there's some bizarre charm to the writing and voice acting. It's dumb but playing it just feels so bloody loose and clumsy.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

Been playing Old World and Industries of Titan lately, both in Early Access. Also some Before We Leave.

I like how they are all trying do something new with an established genre or sub-genre formula.

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2216  Edited By Shiftygism

Whoever decided on Vice City's trophy list, especially the one to reach Godfather rank is a big ol' jerk. The easiest way to get it is to collect 80 hidden packages at the beginning of the game without more than one bullet fired by you or anyone so the gunfire accuracy stat remains at 100%, then when you get 80 packages you unlock the machine gun chopper which you gotta use on one specific car on Prawn Island shooting it for hours rubberbanded as it slowly raises your criminal rating. That, and you gotta farm the Cone Crazy mission with split second accuracy to earn like a billion dollars. Shit's dumb. I'm positive.

Edit: Got it after two nights work, thankfully you only had to collect ten million, and despite finding an easier yet drawn out method of farming money (entering the blow up vehicles cheat using a garage to protect your cop car while working your way to level 84) there seems to be a hidden "we're gonna screw with you for cheating" easter egg as I encountered the same scenario as other folks on YouTube where the game spawns a specific chain of events which can screw everything up forcing you to start over. something which was super annoying until I discovered other people had experienced the same misfortune, now it's pretty amusing in retrospect they seemingly trolled gamers dumb enough to go after such a stupid trophy.

crippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on my second attempt at the witcher 3 , got about 20 hours in 2 years ago and fell off, seemed like a good back log game to get through due to covid stuff, currently at about 40 hrs in and loving it i think i might need to knock the difficulty up as i'm battering every enemy

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crippy said:

I'm on my second attempt at the witcher 3 , got about 20 hours in 2 years ago and fell off, seemed like a good back log game to get through due to covid stuff, currently at about 40 hrs in and loving it i think i might need to knock the difficulty up as i'm battering every enemy

Could not recommend Blood and Broken Bones more. You have a tough time early game but as you go it gets a lot better (if you spec right by the end you can be really overpowered). But the beauty of it is that the difficulty really makes you use your abilities and it becomes really tactical and satisfying. It makes you use most everything at your disposal (I still refused to use the damn bow).

For me Witcher 3 is one of my favorite combat systems at that difficulty. If you switch on the fly now I suppose you would dodge some of the tough parts early. That was really tough as even a couple low level enemies could be very deadly. For me starting by casting Quen was basically required for the early game.

But the progression feels really rewarding then as you go. By the end I was all dodges and heavy strikes with huge crit chance and damage, and concoctions increasing damage and a lot of Yrden traps slowing guys down and weakening them. Really fun. Basically felt like a samurai. By the end I was using every spell but Quen.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I couldn't resist buying Final Fantasy VII R since I got the money to double dip, so I'll probably be playing that when it shows up in the mail.

'Till then, don't know if I want to chase achievements in Fallout 4 since I finally finished the main story a couple of days ago with the Railroad, but I didn't get some of them because the achievement enabler mod didn't work for some quests. Or The Witcher 3, Borderlands 2 or 3, or something on the Switch.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Finally finished Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition. I've been grappling with the question of "Is this one of the best JRPGs of all time?" I think the answer I'd say is: yes, it kind of has to be right? Like this game isn't doing anything you haven't seen from this genre of game or fiction but it does it all so competently that I can't help but unequivocally consider it a new favorite. Though I have no experience with the Tales franchise I must say this game feels like it's got a bunch of flavor borrowed from FF9 or the Grandia series, and I of course mean that in a positive way. Was also surprised to see 8-4 handling the localization so I have to give them props for the good job.

Started up on Final Fantasy VII Remake. Oof, hit me right in the nostalgia glands, if I was a recovering nostalgia-holic I'd be in trouble. The music in particular is hitting me hard in the feels. Playing it right after Vesperia is also exposing that perhaps that game borrowed some style from VII as well.

yuhohiyi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

decided to test the game subnautica below zero

but I soon wanted to replay the original and I went into it

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2222  Edited By theonewhoplays

I'm playing through FF7R on Hard while checking off the various trophies and am having a blast! I only have a single VR mission left and had a great time playing through them all. The solo missions feel like a different game and require you to make the best use of the different characters and their abilities. S-E really outdid themselves designing the battle system. They took basically everything I enjoyed about Lightning Returns' and FFXV's battle systems and expanded on them in smart ways. The music is on another level, and as an old Final Fantasy fan the ending made me excited to see what the next game will bring to the table.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2223  Edited By LeStephan

Ive payed full price on launchday for re3R, ff7R and Doom eternal, and what have I been playing in all my free time lately:

Doom64: Loving the hell out of it. I like how theres stuff resembling puzzles, I feel the levels are very varied and interesting gameplaywise and it feels like if it can keep it up I might prefer it to doom 1+2. Sure its less fast but it still feels pretty great to control... Im playing on whatever the ultraviolence equivalent was called and I just got past the level after....whatever this games equivalent of dead simple was called haha. Im not finding it frustrating or too easy, dificulty feels perfect for me. The weapons feel great imo, love the sounds and ost and visuals, the atmosphere is great... I like pretty much everything about it really. Except I guess that in the original game you couldnt save? I definitely usualy save once mid level like a scrub :') I strangely still remember seeing the game a ton in bargainbins back in the day for next to nothing. I had zero interest in it because it got like a 45% from the uk official n64 magazine so I assumed it was crap but...I guess it stuck with me more then I realised :P

Streets of Rage 4: I like beat em ups buuuuuut usualy find a lot of em to be a bit boring and repetitive/simplistic. I always thought streets of rage 2 was actually pretty good though.... but this new one....holy moly, this is perfect to me :) the combo system, how different the characters are, how functionally different the npcs are.... hm hm hm creme de la crop :P I also adore the music, imo its on par with the older games, sure a bit more modern but I think the vibe it gives off is still very similar. And the animation is also just masterclass animationwork. Visual design in general is just off the charts too. Couldnt recommend more to anyone who enjoys oldschool beat em ups. I think this might the best one ever made.....My mind is blanking on a better one at the very least for now.

Samsho on ps4 for cheap: Only played a bit so far and I like it :) I specifically like the flow of the fights, a bit slower than in the usual fighting game I guess, but also faster and deadlier in other ways. Ive played a little of the previous samsho games but not enough to tell how faithfull it feels to the series. To me it feels pretty much right at least. The endboss of the arcade or story mode or whatever sure is a hell of a fucker though holy moly! I kept dying for like half an hour until I started spamming heavy slash of all things xD not very satisfying but a memory I wil never forget :')

matthewgm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been switching between two extremes - DOOM (2016) and Baba is You.

I hopped into Doom after seeing the reviews for Eternal saying that Doom is a superior experience. I don't play many FPS games, so I had missed it in 2016 despite all the bombcast praise. Turns out, it's really darn good! The health system in particular was a nice change from the regenerating systems, and I liked being forced to use so many different weapons towards the end of the game just to keep my head afloat.

Baba is You has been my 15-30 minutes a day distraction. I would probably have been frustrated trying to solve everything in a long weekend, but picking it up and trying a different level than the one that stumped me yesterday has been very pleasing.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dread Nautical. An indie title that combines turn-based combat with rogue-lite & survivalist elements. It's one of those games that might not look so deep in a 20- minute youtube video, but it has layers to it. You find yourself trapped on a cruise-ship in a "Groundhog Day"-esque loop. Everything is wonderfully voice-acted, with great characterizations, and the narration is really strong as well. It has been a really good narrative-driven rogue-lite/survival game.

The Hunter -Call of the wild. A hunting simulator. I recently reviewed it and have continued paying it. It's a super-nice game to chill out with. Highly immersive stuff.

inevpatoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm positive the PS4 version of GTA III has an incredibly stupid glitch (beyond the purple nines not spawning) which will prevent a 100% completion of the game. When delivering the last of the seven emergency vehicles to the docks, despite being given the completion message for doing so, if you do not stay there as it loads, it will not give you 5% of the overall completion stat. I was going for the plat, had everything done, and was sitting at 95% with no clue what was missing as I had beaten the game at least five or six times back before Vice City released. After a little digging around I noticed a few people reporting the same issue, and sure enough their discovery that you have to return to the dock to get that last 5% got me the plat. Shit's weird as I had dropped off the last of the vehicles a good ten, fifteen hours beforehand.

Beyond this glitch, how are you liking this version of the game? I'm soon to embark on a journey down memory lane with the PS2-era GTAs and picked up the trilogy on the PSN Store. Did you feel like the game held up pretty well?

sakesushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodborne: Did you know there's multiplayer connectivity in this game? Played it near launch solo and loved it, but I pulled this back out to play with a friend who's played all the other Souls games and finally got to this one. Playing multiplayer seemed a bit wonky at first, but just set a common pass and server with another person, get on voice chat, and just have a good time! Plus, seeing so many optional things I missed the first time through has been an absolute blast. So many optional bosses and NPC quests along with finally dipping into Old Hunters makes this game feel like a P4 Golden-esque treatment to my first experience! Also, my friend has been hyping me up for some orphan? Can't wait!

Valkyria Chronicles 4: Jumped right into this after finishing VC1, and though playing sequels right after the first game usually pushes me away from the new game (sorry KOTOR2 and Fallout 2, I'll come back to you one day!), this one's got my attention right from the get-go. Taking the same war from the first game and giving you a very different perspective is filling me in on a whole faction that was basically just a narrative tool in the first game. Also, the jump from VC1 to VC4 gave more impact to the graphical jump in quality! Also also, grenadiers yum yum!

Ring Fit Adventure: With my gym still closed for quarantine, it's been really nice to have this to motivate me to get up 2 1/2 hours before work and keep active. And getting that "yay the numbers went up" feel because I'm exercising is great!

Animal Crossing: I love the soulless vacuum that is Coco's eyes on what is otherwise a pretty chill resident.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Finally got around to playing Bloodborne, and I can't say I loved it. I think that game nails the combat in a way none of their other Souls games do (including DS3, which came after), but in terms of general level, enemy and boss design, I came away disappointed. The general visual aesthetic is so samey that I would miss pathways constantly; and not hidden ones, sometimes plainly obvious ones I would just not notice the first (or second or third) times I went by it due to how similar one street of Yharnam felt to the last. Enemies and bosses tend to have attacks that have such wide arcs (some of which are effectively hitting 360 degrees) that many fights just end up being waiting for them to stop flailing so you can get a hit in, rather than being able to find an opening in their pattern.

I won't gripe about it any more than I have (although I have a lot more issues with it, like it's horrendous NG+ that's killed any interest I had in playing through the game with one of the later weapons), as this is ostensibly a positive thread. Threaded Cane is rad as hell and OP as hell; I had a great time with it.

Started up Dying Light, and that seems super cool. Getting around is a joy, but I do wish you leveled up your parkour skills a bit faster; there's a bunch of moves in that tree that seem awesome, but unless I do a bunch of running at night, I won't be seeing them anytime soon.

Also continuing Trails in the Sky SC; just beat Chapter 3. Things are heating up and that game is wonderful.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 15

Final Fantasy XV is going to take me its own development cycle in years to finish for how much I enjoy the main characters and how little I care about the overarching story.

To keep it positive: having a pretty-boy roadtrip where you stay in motels, caravans, and camp out under the stars while eating delicious food with your 3 best buddies is endearing as HELL and seems like it could be endlessly entertaining.

Persona 5: The Royal 2nd playthrough is fun. It's hard to pay attention to the dialog on what is basically my 4th playthrough of this game, but I'm enjoying all the little things I can do differently.

My wife still has the Switch for her Animal Crossing needs, but Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 remains a fun, brainless time to watching Rifftrax/Sifl and Olly over.

Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chrono Trigger. It's pretty good.

Robo's Theme makes me want to dance.

chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished Resident Evil 3 remake. I had a great time with it. I found it to be a fun romp and I was perfectly satisfied with its length. All in all it took me about 7 hours. I had a great time and I’m glad it didn’t overstay it’s welcome...unlike *coughDOOMcough*

YEAHbrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started playing A Plague Tale: Innocence and it's pretty cool! I figured now is as good a time as any to play a game about a plague, and I was surprised immediately at how pretty it is. The story is good so far as well, almost reminding me of a medieval-times The Last of Us (although a Medieval Times™ The Last of Us also could be great). The stealth and puzzle mechanics aren't anything mindblowing, but it's never boring. Definite recommend on GamePass.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Black Flag - The only two AC games I've played have been Origins and 3. I hated 3 and enjoyed Origins, but so far I'm loving Black Flag. The combat is fun, and the sailing has been really enjoyable.

Gran Turismo Sport - I haven't played this much Gran Turismo in a long time. The single player "campaign" is huge and has been great. It really reminds me of playing the earlier games in the series. The PSVR mode is a nice diversion too!

Crossing Souls - I'm all for 80s/90s nostalgia. So far this has been a lot of fun. We'll see where it goes from here.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad that I opted to not wait a year to play Final Fantasy 7 R. Phantasy Star Online 2 comes out next week. And Kandagawa Jet Girls is coming to Steam in the near future.

I am in a really good mood with games right now.

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2235  Edited By Shiftygism

@inevpatoria: Only put decent time into GTA3 and VC so far, but they both have far worse frame rate than I remember. Like at points it cuts out the radio for a half second. Other than that, they're ok. I kinda wish they would've ported better looking versions. The trails mode still looks like crap outside of night time driving in VC, it's just a smear factory of blurriness I can't believe anyone thought looked good. The driving holds up for the most part, shooting does not...nor did it really back then. I think my biggest surprise was that these games had such limited camera control.

I also played a little SA...which has some weird vertical screen tearing issues not present in the original, and it crashed on me during the second mission...but weirdly enough, despite booting me out to the system menu and giving me the standard crash report directions, the game kept running and I jumped back in...something I've never seen a game do on the PS4.

Kemuri07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire Pro Wrestling World: I've been kinda on a wrestling kick as of late (thanks to the guys over at OSW), and I've always been kind of interested in the Fire Pro games but was intimidated by how complex the fighting system actually is. I actually bought Fire Pro Wrestling Returns just to give it a shot. And I really liked it. I think it helps that I haven't played a Wrestling Game in years so I didn't have the hangups that people seemed to have with FPW. I caught on to the grappling system fairly quickly, and I was having a blast just fighting the A.I.

So I figured: "boy, this would be fun to play online during Quarantine." JOKES ON ME. No one, absolutely no one, is playing the ps4 version online. I imagine a lot of it has to do with people feeling burn by the steep price of both the main game and the dlc, and that the PC version just sounds like a better value. Still, the games stupid fun to play with, and the story mode is endearing as hell.

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kemuri07: That and the fact it's a game most fans don't really play so much as they program their edit's AI and watch them go.

TheLastGinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been furloughed since Mid April so I decided to play Darksiders 1-3. I'd finished 1 before on the PS3. It was good apart from the Black throne which I'd blanked from my memory somehow until I got back to it on the PS4.Still fun mostly.

I'd not finished Darksiders 2 before so I played through that on the Deathinitive edition that I got on PS Plus. Loved it. Prince of Persia meets God of War meets Zelda they have a threesome and Darksiders 2 pops out 9 months later. Good stuff.

Darksiders 3-Light Souls. That's the best I can describe it yet, Man what a game. It's solid B tier. The camera is occasionally janky, and it's not a looker but I could not stop playing this. I started Monday afternoon and I've put about 21 hours into this. There's more for me to find and I may go for a NG+ run at some point. Not right now though as my priority is clear the backlog while I'm furloughed as I won't get this opportunity to sit on my arse guilt free for another 19 years. It's been free on PS Plus and I believe it's a current game pass game. Give it 3 hours. It starts too slow and the combat is iffy to begin with but once it gets going it's great.

Moving on to Days Gone next...

VirtuaCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get very angry about it, but the joy of playing with a well coordinated team and being able to pull off the play you came up with makes DOTA 2 one of the best games I’ve ever played. Full Stop.

krelmoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I quit games 2-3 years ago but still watch GB content regularly and listen to the podcasts. I gave away my PS4 and Xbox. Impulse bought a Switch at some point but after 3 endings of Fire Emblem I haven’t booted that thing in months. At the start of the lockdown I pulled a hacked Wii out of a closet and mainly play GBA games emulated on that with a classic controller. A lot of Advance Wars and Mr. Driller 2. I have a PS3 in the closest in case I’m dying to play some Persona. (The last physical game I bought was Persona 5 for PS3). I have a PSTV just to play Persona 4 Golden after my Vita stoped charging. What happened was I had a nervous breakdown from Destiny Raiding and just couldn’t do it anymore. I’d like to but I just can’t handle the grind. When these new consoles come out I won’t be buying them. I’ve got a foot in the game still with the switch but I just feel more comfortable playing old offline games. My Persona habit will probably get me to shell out if they ever port Royal to switch or PC but believe it or not quitting when I did has been a positive experience. I used to go so hard I had friends and groups across different time zones. Now the most hardcore thing I do is stream Persona occasionally. GB content keeps me up on whats going on and if I need to see something played there is still plenty of YouTube people doing commentaryless play throughs out there.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jumped back into Celeste tonight and finally finished it.

What a great game. As somebody who has struggled with anxiety his whole life (finally under control, thankfully!) I totally "got" the game.

Kemuri07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krelmoon: As someone who defended Destiny 2 quite a bit, and sunked so many hours into the game, even I had to just cut that game out of my life. Because it really doesn't value your time. I agree with Jeff where the biggest issue with Destiny 2 is...that it's Destiny 2. I really think that a Destiny 3 is gonna have to be made to possibly deal with so many of the issues the game has.

Speaking of MMOs, I'm actually giving PSO2 a try. For years all I heard was Jeff blab on about the game, so now that we got an official english translation, I figured why the fuck not. It's fun! It's definitely mindless, but I do like the bright, anime aesthetic of the game and that the actual gameplay is really fun. Until SE makes FFXIV a little bit more accessible, I think I might stick to PSO2.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2243  Edited By Bonbonetti

I tried out Control. While I love the mysterious supernatural side of it and how they present it all, the narration especially, I did not enjoy the combat at all. I do not have the patience for it. The game also loads very slowly on my computer, so dying gets overly frustrating for me. If it had health-regen or more health drops I might have stuck to it. Still, I can understand why it got so much praise for its story, characters and presentation. A very interesting game, I'm glad I tried it, but I'll stick to just watching a playthrough.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Just Cause 4 is absolutely wonderful.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

State of Decay 2

I always appreciate a zombie game that isn't as stressful as Resident Evil.

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2246  Edited By Shiftygism

I'm positive my revisit/plat run of Arkham Asylum won't end well as I still can't grasp stringing together long ass combo strings, especially without the stun beatdown of the later games. I just don't see myself getting those combat challenge trophies, even after playing through all of the games previously. It would be nice if there was a slow motion code where you could use it to at least practice. For the life of me I can't remember the gadget commands while in the heat of the moment.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought Starlink on the eShop on Black Friday last year for like $15. Started playing it this week, and I really enjoy it. It's a lot of fun, albeit a bit grindy at times.

Definitely worth checking out, especially if you do it digitally without all the toys to life stuff.

I...I kinda want another Starfox guys...

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Making my way through the Uncharted games again (via PS4 collection). I don't remember exactly loving it when it first came out, but Drake's Fortune has aged TERRIBLY. By the end it felt like a chore to finish it. Everything from the animations, motion capture, awkward mechanics and voice acting acting feels so incredibly cartoony compared to later games. It really looks and plays like a crappy indie game compared to Among Thieves.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Trails of Cold Steel is pretty fun but the fact that the story raises like a hundred questions but then refuses to answer any of them despite a 70+ hr runtime is really annoying. I'll have to play the sequels to find out why anything that happened in this game mattered but I'm kind of burnt out on this series for now.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Just started playing Maneater. It is EXACTLY what I was hoping it was. Good, dumb fun. Playing on PC, completely enjoying it so far. About 4 hours in.