A positive thread about what you're currently playing

Kemuri07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yakuza 4. After playing Yakuza 3, and generally agreeing with most people that it's the weakest Yakuza game, almost immediately I knew that Yakuza 4 was an absolute improvement.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kemuri07: I have a similar story, except I'm playing Yakuza 5 after 4. Honestly, the pacing is absolutely glacial, but unlike in 3 and 4 I'm having a lot of fun with it. 5 has some of the most likable supporting characters in the series, and a great minigame (not as good as the hostess management sims in 0 and Kiwami 2, mind). 5 was also the game that made the random encounters far less annoying than before, by removing the talky parts before and after a fight.

Kemuri07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoplays: I know I've heard some people aren't fans of the 4th one. You're right, 4 is slow--but I felt like I didn't mind because I liked the characters. Whereas I got bored fairly quickly of the orphanage shenanigans.

Though there is a rather gross implication in the second part of 4 that really didn't need to be there.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezmero: Gravity Rush Remastered is a great game that looks remarkably good for a Vita port.

It's definitely intended to control unwieldy because Kat is falling. Once you finish upgrading her she controls pretty well, though. The gameplay is fun and novel but it's really the atmosphere in that game that makes it so good, especially the soundtrack. Kat is one of my favorite video game heroes.