A positive thread about what you're currently playing

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Decided to play Pokemon: Platinum for the first time after watching JaidenAnimation's Nuzlocke vid. Never got around to playing anything from Gen IV and I really missed out. The physical / special split is a godsend (I also appreciated it in the later games I played), the then-new batch of Pokemon has some real winners, and the postgame content is substantial. Right now I'm getting whichever 'mons I want so I can keep playing around with the Battle Frontier.

I haven't gotten this much out of a Pokemon game since I was a kid - even my Crystal playthrough last year didn't scratch that itch. If you're in the mood for one of these kinds of games but haven't played this one, check it out. It's probably my favorite even without nostalgia.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2552  Edited By FacelessVixen

HuniePop 2. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edit 2/10/21:

Well, I tried playing Street Racing Syndicate because it's less than $1 on Steam.

Nope. Not worth it. I can't even. Thought I could, but no.

So, my Black Box Need for Speed reunion continues with Underground 2, which really was the best of the bunch of similarly themed racing games back then and still holds up very well now. ...in terms of gameplay, vehicle customization and art direction.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing DariusBurst: Chronicle Saviours and Project Cars 2 on PC.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I have just finished Dandara. I had heard good things, but stayed away from it because the "no walk, only jump" thing sounded tedious and gimmicky. Boy howdy was I wrong! By the end of the game you can cover so much ground so quickly by bopping between jump points. It feels really great to explore the map that way, and satisfying to begin to memorize routes and landmarks in a game where the camera is moving and where up is relative. Really good time.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly played two games over the long weekend

Re-playing Ace Combat 7 on PS5. LOVE that game and one of these days I'll work up the willpower to replay the series (even if 7 is where it found the balance of anime and actual game) but it just works so well. And on the replay you can see a lot of the more funneling aspects of it. Like, for example, in your first dogfight with Mihaly at Piccolo's Place he very clearly flies a route that takes you down low to fly between the pillars before flying upwards as his health/timer goes down so that you get that moment of your canopy icing over and lightning taking out your systems that make you think you are about to crash and burn when you are actually safely in the clouds.

As for the other game... you ever realize you have a type? Mine is apparently esoteric grindfests with little to no guidance. A few weeks back I ended up getting back in to Elite Dangerous and switched from my t16k et al to my x52 with the thrustmaster pedals and having a blast prepping for another journey into the black... except that I found out there was a guardian FSD booster in the interim (or I just never noticed) so now I am doing a 26 jump trip out to the middle of nowhere to collect some resources to go buy one. This is AFTER going to the wrong kind of alien ruin and wasting keys because I had no idea how they work and I am looking forward to getting shot down by guardians and needing to fly back to get another SRV.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Super Mario 3D World and Bowser's Fury I wanted more 3D Mario and I bought Mario 3D All-Stars a few months ago because of the exact FOMO that Nintendo was hoping for, so I booted up Mario Galaxy, which I had never played before and...

Guys I don't want to blow anyone's mind but Super Mario Galaxy is actually good! Like really really good! Like an all-time great!

So thankful to have discovered this hidden gem!

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing Amid Evil, and it has been simple fun. A little too easy, especially for the likes of me to say that, but towards the end the difficulty has ramped up a bit. I really enjoy it for it's retro vibe but clean look. The movement is tight and the weapons fine, and it can actually get graphically purty on occasion. I'm going to miss it soon because I am in the last level/ area of the game, least how I played it.

Unless I choose something else, I am thinking of Doom 64 to continue the whole thing.

ConstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing Omori, which is an RPGMaker game. So far it feels very much like Earthbound or Undertale, with some more horror elements. I think like Undertale it's going to be a game with a very passionate fanbase that could turn people off, but also like Undertale the actual game is enjoyable. I'm only a few hours in and I'm not sure how the combat will hold up over the whole game, but the charm and presentation is carrying me along nicely for now.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nioh 2 now running at 1440/60, so put a dozen hours in or so. Loved the first one, and this game adds a lot to the charm/fun factor, with more opportunities to interact with its world a little. I think the voiceless protagonist thing is a bit flat in contrast with everything else, but that allows more character customization, so it balances out. Enjoying the gameplay additions with yokai abilities and whatnot.

Yeah, good sequel so far, and the mission-based structure vs. a traditional soulslike with an emphasis on loot is still a clever way to encourage replayability, even if the level design can feel old fashioned and static at times.

-

Started Death Stranding. I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it so far. I suspected I'd get into the UPS simulator easily, which is true, and the landscape is certainly quite a beauty. Flashes of ICO and SoTC's quiet, chill moments hit me now and then, and the story is being less intrusive than I feared.

Main complaints are Sam's sister being a fucking weirdo in every cutscene. Most bizarre, cringey acting I've seen in some time. I have no idea if she wants to kiss me, quote a French philosopher or cry half the time, that's how alien it is.

Sam's lack of, "What the hell are any of you talking about?" bugs me, too, because so many characters mention how little they know about what's going on with this technology they've sort of been forced to use, but Sam seems to just be like..."Sure, I am immortal and this baby is a ghost detector I guess."

Enjoying it for now.

Dr_Pow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played through We Were Here on PlayStation with a friend of mine last night, and it was a lot of fun. I had no idea what it was ahead of time so I was shocked and surprised at how interesting and fun it was to play this FPS co-op puzzle game. The game requires voice chat between you and a friend to solve puzzles as you are both separated from each other, with each of you having half of the puzzle solution. It's currently free on PSN until the 23rd, so its definitely worth taking a look at provided you have someone you know to put in a couple hours. My only problem is that I wish it was longer, but for free its nothing to complain about. I'm definitely going to pick up the sequels We Were Here Too and We Were Here Together when they release.

Thegoldfether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2561  Edited By Thegoldfether

Finished Resedent evil 4 on PS4 and picked up the HD remakes of the original on ps4 as well. Almost finished with it as Jill.

Last year I played RE 2 remake and I feel like I have played through some great games bit I hope I haven't exhausted the best this series has to offer.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2562  Edited By Relkin

Finished Trails from Zero, the first of the two Crossbell games from the Legend of Heroes franchise; the Crossbell games are the two that weren't officially localized in English.

While I did enjoy it quite a bit, I think it was really just too slow for it's own good; a lot of folks claim the first Sky game is too slow(which I've come to disagree with somewhat), but TfZ makes Sky 1 look lightning fast in comparison. Otherwise, it had great characters, interesting plot developments, and they did it without relying on the characters from the previous games too much, which was nice to see. When a certain couple of bracers showed up on the scene I was a little afraid that this game would be resting on it's franchise's laurels too much, but it definitely stood on it's own, when all was said and done.

A little bummed that the ending didn't lead into further events, like from Sky 1 to 2; it seems like this game and it's sequel are separate, contained stories. I kept expecting something to happen, but it didn't. Oh well, looking forward to Trails to Azure.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 20

I am mainly playing two games right now, with some additional sprinkling of other stuff now and then.
Valheim has taken a lot of my time, but I am now trying to only play it with at least one of my brothers. Two of my brothers and I rents a dedicated server already, and have done mostly building really. Am about to try and beat the second boss, once all three of us can be online at the same time. It's such a chill game, with so many good ideas. The fact that you have to build supports to build larger structures is something I adore. I love building in games, and that turns things that I might put in just for show actually necessary.

The second one in Nioh 2 on PC. Never played the first one, but as a Souls and Sekiro lover I have been very interested. I am pleasantly surprised, as I knew very little about the actual game. I thought it would be like a hybrid of Souls and Sekiro, just from what I have heard, but having it be a mix of Souls, Ninja Gaiden (Xbox version) and a loot game like Diablo is just excellent. Not that far in, and I sadly went down the rabbit hole of build videos already. Trying to not check out too much of that, but it is hard to know what should be prioritized and what doesn't matter much when it comes to skills and stats. I am maining splitstaff, which I initially only chose because it looked fun to be paired with the katana I wanted to use. I have barely used katana it turns out, because the splitstaff is really fun to use.

trh5001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started replaying p4 Golden again to try and get all the trophies on steam. Already screwed up my confidants and I dont even care I just love that gameplay loop.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm currently playing Orbusvr, which for those that don't know is an (the first ever?) mmorpg in vr.

If I'm honest the game is not fantastic, kinda fun but a bit wonky to say the least and the graphics are basic, cartoony and just a bit crap. However the community in the game is possibly the best community I have ever come accross. A quote I heard sums it up well: "The people in this game are nicer than anyone I've ever met in real life"

Even the kids are cool.

I'm only early into it and not sure if I'll stick with it but so far it's been such a pleasant and relaxing experience, a great clenser from the other game I'm playing, which is Saints and Sinners.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished Soma. Didn't care much for the hide and seek nonsense but the story turned a corner on me that I actually enjoyed. I did not expect that ending. I wound up playing it in Safe Mode and just walking through it.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going back to Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005) be like:

No Caption Provided

Still a fun game. Still in the top five of NFS. But goddamn, the rubber band AI isn't making this nostalgia trip relaxing.

dahlis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has been such a treat to play Desperados 3. I didnt realize until now how much I’ve missed and enjoyed a Commandos-style game (it’s been what, 20 years?). Looking forward to trying out Shadow Tactics after Im done with this.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mad Verse City is still the best Jackbox game. Today we learned text-to-speech has no problem with Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch.

thisisdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t know why, I can’t explain it. But Valheim is a special game. Taking a break before the last two bosses to make my actual house to a slightly larger scale in there.

OSail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2572  Edited By OSail

I have been trying to catch up on the PS4 after getting a Pro for very very cheap with 18 PS4 only games.

Beyond the usual great things like Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Everybody's Golf, the fantastic Medievil remake, I just started Knack because I was fiending for a PS1 style level to level platformer or brawler like Pandemonium.

Knack is actually very fun, simple but not thoughtless, forgiving with it's checkpoints, and surprisingly easy to lose 3 hours to. Really glad I gave it a chance given I heard most acquaintances/games media folk say it was a pointless game to exist in a world with Little Big Planet.

I've also been playing Splatoon 2 as it's wonderful, and DRM (Death Ray Manta) for the 3000th time because Rob RetroRemakes makes my favourite type of throwback arcade games.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

178 hours played and I had a (mostly) great time throughout. It's probably my favorite of the last three AC games. I really like the combat in this one. Being able to mix and match weapons and shields in whatever combo you want is a lot of fun. Good story, good characters. Gorgeous on the Series X.

I'm looking forward to the DLC which is taking us to Ireland and Francia.

Skal!

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -1

Currently working my way through Super Mario 3D World on Switch. It's not bad, I think I'm more of a 2D Mario guy though when it comes to level by level style gameplay.

That being said, I loved Mario Odyssey and am excited to jump into Bowser's Fury.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I had a very up and down first 5-10 hours with Breath of the Wild this past week. I couldn't really see a progression path for my character while the enemies just seemed to be getting stronger and stronger. The UI is objectively awful nearly four years on, from the weapon swap system to the ammo types not having any dedicated button in gameplay (especially considering several games had solved that problem, including bosom buddy Horizon Zero Dawn). I'm also still not finding the combat especially intuitive: enemy attacks are hard to get a read on and slow-mo dodges feel like luck of the draw; this is the last time I'll make the comparison but in Horizon I would grin ear to ear with glee when things broke down in chaos, excited to use my tools to get myself out of that situation (and on Ultra Hard, no less) whereas in Breath of the Wild I'm always on the edge of quick traveling the hell out of there.

All that said, and I know it's not in the spirit of this thread, to say that I just completed the Kah Okeo shrine when all hope seemed lost because I accidentally slapped my Korok Leaf against the explosive barrel at the end one too many times and it broke. A quick Google turned up a Reddit thread in which someone else did that, asked for help, received only incredulous responses in the vein of "how do you break a korok leaf?" and then finally posted a cryptic response only stating he'd solved it, not how. And so have I.

And despite really feeling at odds with a lot of this game, the more I play the less I can think about anything else, and I'm beginning to come to terms with the fact I've been playing for probably around 12 hours and have only completed the Zora questline and maybe half of the Goron stuff, but I keep wandering off to explore and I do often feel pretty rewarded for those explorations. Weapons have gotten better, hearts and stamina are both doubled, inventory is getting to an acceptable size...

I'm a little sad this game didn't kick me in the teeth the way Ocarina of Time did as a kid (or plenty of other games from the past five years) but I'm really happy to be able to be saying I'm playing a Nintendo game for the first time since Super Mario Sunshine, and I'm really impressed with this game's insistence that there are often multiple right answers to every problem in a way that does truly feel unique.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nioh 2.

I guess you could say that I slept on it since I could have gotten the PS4 version last year. But as someone who wants all of the frames and resolution, I'm going with the Steam version.

This is basically the game that I wanted Sekiro to be: Punishing, but with the learning curve as a typical Souls-like where having better stats is an option for getting over certain obstacles. And the character creator is making me put the first game further on the back burner since I'm all about custom characters and the customizability is probably on par with Code Vein.

Very good first impressions.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2577  Edited By Ben_H

Heads up, in the spoilers in this I talk about the endings of GTA IV and V in a non-specific way.

I just finished playing through GTA IV along with both DLC stories. I wrote about this earlier but I obviously have had a lot more time with the game now. I still stand by what I said that it holds up remarkably well for how old it is.

I will say that I think some of the later missions in the main GTA IV story perhaps stretch a bit far what the game's systems are capable (a few too many enemies for the lock-on system to handle and some of the driving parts are a bit much) of but other than that, I thought it was a fun game.

The DLC stories I had never finished and I think those are both probably as good or better than the main game. They definitely did some tweaking to the shooting and driving, and it made a huge difference. For example, in The Lost and Damned, it's harder to fall off your motorbike. The Ballad of Gay Tony had much more substantial changes. The lock-on system is much slicker and they introduced the mid-mission checkpoints we now take for granted in Rockstar games along with end-of-mission ratings that are present in all the new games.

Some of the humour in GTA IV definitely hasn't aged well, but the overall story is quite good, and the additional viewpoints on the story from the DLC make it much better (and were basically a hint of things to come with multiple characters in the same timeline). Liberty City itself is also quite well fleshed out and I find it to be significantly more memorable than most locations in GTA V. This leads to the weirdest part for me. Having played both this and GTA V relatively recently, I think overall I like GTA IV better in terms of the story-based singleplayer. The shooting and driving in GTA V is obviously better and the heists are pretty great, but the story, writing, environment, and characters in IV seem so much more fleshed out. Outside of Lamar and maybe one or two others, there are few memorable side characters in GTA V and the story is all over the place. Neither IV nor V end in a satisfactory way but at least in IV they make you actually make a choice, unlike V where they give you an out which completely negates what could have been a difficult decision, making the ending much less impactful. The ending of The Ballad of Gay Tony is more satisfying than either of the main games' endings.

I guess my conclusion here is that if you haven't played The Ballad of Gay Tony yet, you probably should. The Lost and Damned was pretty good too, but TBOGT is pretty amazing. Tony and Luis are both fantastic characters.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

After Super Mario 3D World and Bowser's Fury I wanted more 3D Mario and I bought Mario 3D All-Stars a few months ago because of the exact FOMO that Nintendo was hoping for, so I booted up Mario Galaxy, which I had never played before and...

Guys I don't want to blow anyone's mind but Super Mario Galaxy is actually good! Like really really good! Like an all-time great!

So thankful to have discovered this hidden gem!

Some (like me) might even say it is the best!

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what happened to my brain, but I burned out super hard on video games, and just dropped everything I've been playing. Most notably, Nioh 2 and 13 Sentinels. Then I just started playing Madden 20 through Game Pass, which is the first Madden game I've played in probably eight years. It's the only game I've played all week. My brain just nopes out when I even just start thinking about going back to what I was playing before or even starting something new.

laughingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2580 laughingman  Online

I've gone back to a couple old games that I enjoyed but stopped playing for whatever reason, and I'm really glad I did.

The first one was Breath of The Wild. One of my friends was starting it for the first time, and suggested that we play together and share our journeys. It was a great idea. The first time I played it, I tried to rush through the main story. I think I beat two Divine Beasts before putting it down. This time, I decided to explore the world and try out everything: the stealth, the archery, using the runes in interesting and innovative ways, searching for shrines and out of the way places, and generally just exploring and experimenting.

I enjoyed it so much more this time around. There is so much to see and do, and so many ways to approach every situation. The world is vast and fascinating, and I loved exploring it. It's a special, beautiful, incredible game.

The one I'm currently playing is Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I love the series, and I put about 20 hours into this one before getting distracted by work. I always wanted to get back to it, and now I am. I restarted and am with the Black Eagle house this time. I'm going to focus on getting my Professor rank up as quickly as possible, and getting the core house students as strong as possible rather than trying to recruit as many as I can. I'm playing Hard/Classic, and so far it has just the right amount of challenge. I love everything about it: the characters, the setting, the amount of incidental dialogue and odd support conversations. It's a great time.

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently been playing Majora's Mask on original N64 hardware no less.

It's still kinda amazing just how many systems there are going in that game for you to keep track of, as well as a ton of things you will probably never encounter unless you have a guide out... it made me think of Outer Wilds.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still playing a lot of Elite Dangerous. Updated my DBX to an Asp Explorer and collected resources to buy the Engineered Frame Shift Drive from the recent community goal and now have a 50-something light year jump range that will probably get up to 60 when I get around to getting a better Guardian FSD Booster.

Looking forward to heading home, swapping out my extra cargo space for another repair module, and completely missing every Odyssey (space legs) event in a few months because I am STILL lost out in the black.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 3

Oh, I think I got one: I've been playing a bunch of Silent Hill 2, after coming into possession of the HD Collection. I wanted to know what the fuss was about, as I know several people who hold it up to Far Cry 2-esque levels of reverie.

It started pretty rough ngl. I have a strong distaste for the survival horror genre and it is definitely that, but I gotta say: Once you get into the cinematography of the thing, it is a captivating, bizarre game. It even holds up to today's standards in a way that I wasn't expecting. To me, it's much more than "just a survival horror." In particular, what I appreciate is how you can see how this game specifically has influenced a lot of things down the road that I was unaware of, previously.

I'm currently at the hotel, where it really starts showing its hand. I haven't been in a good mindset to continue playing lately, but I do yearn to go back and learn the secrets of Silent Hill.

Until then, I'm playing more Monster Hunter Stories; one of the most overlooked 3DS games ever made. It's a good time. I just adopted a Red Khezu and it's the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

Video games are good.

MKennedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2586  Edited By MKennedy
No Caption Provided

I just got done from a 12 man DSC raid and honestly, it was incredible. Seriously I know Bungie has to fix this since none of the raids are even close to being built to support this many players, but this experience was incredible. My fireteam was kind, patent, and friendly which I admit is playing a huge factor as to why I loved this experience, but it gave me the best gaming experience I'll ever have, and for that, I'm beyond grateful.

carl_kruse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a chance yesterday to play several old arcade games like Defender, Centipede, and the wickedly addictive Tempest. All of them quaint on the surface but super satisfying to play decades later. Talk about great game design, and a beautiful trip down memory lane.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently started playing No Man's Sky through MS Game Pass. I had played this on PS4 at launch, but fell off after maybe 15-20 hours, but I am really enjoying it now.

Man, this game in 2021 is almost an entirely different game. Everything just seems tighter and more focused that it did in 2016. And, as someone who would spend hours messing with the settlement building stuff from Fallout 4, the base building they added to NMS speaks to me.

@gundato said:

Still playing a lot of Elite Dangerous. Updated my DBX to an Asp Explorer and collected resources to buy the Engineered Frame Shift Drive from the recent community goal and now have a 50-something light year jump range that will probably get up to 60 when I get around to getting a better Guardian FSD Booster.

Looking forward to heading home, swapping out my extra cargo space for another repair module, and completely missing every Odyssey (space legs) event in a few months because I am STILL lost out in the black.

I have been thinking about getting back into Elite Dangerous, as it has just been added to Game Pass. Although , I think NMS will satiate my space exploration jones for a while. I will probably jump back in when the Odyssey expansion is released.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite it being pretty overrated in certain circles, Burnout Paradise [Remastered] is nice to go back to every once in a while.

...If only EA fixed the bug where having screen capture software like OBS installed crashes the game when trying to log into a server.

Morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing Skyrim at the moment. It's pretty good ^^

ChiefBeef123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2591  Edited By ChiefBeef123

I am once again asking you to listen to another Valheim take. I haven't lost this much sleep and spent every other moment bookmarking or making notes based off ideas that come to me when offline since Minecraft's alpha. This game is brilliant. The only "janky" thing about it is that it fully embraces its jank without calling attention to itself, sort of like how Kojima might make some obscure joke that only people who played every Metal Gear game on MSX would get. They know people love souls games and sailing and loot and playing with friends, and they did the seemingly impossible feat of making a game that's as innovative and fun as the games they were inspired by.

@sinusodial check out Klei's other games if you liked that one. Ninja is the best 2D stealth game ever imo. Invisible Inc is great if you like hard tactical RPGs. Shank I never played. Don't Starve is obviously beautiful and innovative. They remind me a lot of Supergiant Games. Take their sweet time and hire people who are equally passionate and experienced with making games and analyzing them.

OSail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have been playing Two Point Hospital on the Switch again. Having put a lot of time into the PC version, and a tiny bit on the Switch and Xbox (Game Pass is great!), I found out someone I know needed some people to collaborate on the online co-op Super Bug things over the Switch.

It doesn't run very well, the loading is a pain at points, and the control compared to a mouse and laptop seems poor for someone who's been playing Theme Hospital on computers since the mid-90s...but it's a fantastic console port! Everything is great, despite my misgivings with the controls the more I play the more I see the logic of it, and Two Point Hospital is brilliant as a game.

One of those Civilization-alikes though, y'know, where you can end up losing 4 hours of time to something you meant to spend 30 minutes with if you're not careful.

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grinded out the last few challenges needed to get the three crate season reward in Rocket League, one of which turned out to be the car I had been using. You would think they'd at least put a no repeat drop restriction in those.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally got around to playing Florence. Turns out it's a great game. I've been really burnt out on video games the past couple of weeks. I can't get into anything on my backlog for more than 10 minutes, so it's brevity was pretty key for me right now. It was a nice breathe of fresh air for my video game fatigue.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valheim is SO FUCKING GOOD. I haven't played anything in a long time that has me thinking about it pretty much all day. For me it's 2021's PUBG; janky in quite a few ways but the core experience is so fun that you ignore a lot of the rough edges.

The craziest thing for me is that survival/building games usually don't do much for me. The only one that I've really sunk much time into before this was No Man's Sky and I was mainly there for the space exploration aspect. I don't know exactly what the secret formula is here that's making it work for me but I'm hooked.