Abby is Leaving Giant Bomb at the end of November

garwalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is not at all a dig at Abby, but let's not paint the picture prettier than it is.

How about: let's not speculate or spread rumors.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#203  Edited By Mezmero

I should probably save a proper farewell for November but I'll echo the sentiments of really enjoying her stint on the site. Totally did not realize 4 years had passed but then I remembered we wouldn't have all the amazing Six Crazy Frights videos if that was not true. Not gonna lie, when she was first brought on I was worried that she might be a bit of a square peg to Alex and Vinny's goofiness but she acclimated to their madness so immediately that I quickly grew to like her. Genuinely hoping she goes on to bigger and better things because quite frankly we don't deserve her.

hjort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first post on the site, and it has to be because of Abby leaving. What a world.

I'm genuinely saddened by this; I will miss her dearly. Abby's special brand of creativity when it comes to features is one of the big reasons why I decided to get Premium, and series like Six Crazy Frights, Clue Crew and 13 Deadly Sims have become some of my most favourite things on the entire internets. As much as I love the east coast duders - and holy shit do I love the east coast duders - the Beast crew is going to feel incomplete now.

Whatever she decides to do in the future, I hope she'll be happy and successful doing it, and I'll try to support it any way I can. Unless she decides to go into professional squirrel strangling or something. I probably won't support that. Probably.

plan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m really not into the wild speculation about being forced to resign or whatever. There are plenty of reasons to leave before the sale completes, least of which could be the new terms of employment could require her to stay for a year or more.

Also, I would need to look into in NY, but in my state this situation (employment contact being terminated due to sale, new contract being not desirable) would still allow for an unemployment claim. Companies can’t force people into bad contracts during a buy out by holding unemployment hostage (at least in my state they can’t)

So folks should really stop. We have almost zero of the relevant information that went into this discussion and folks shouldn’t pontificate on if it was a good choice or not.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@garwalk: Totally this. So many of the threads on this site devolve into this weird pseudo celebrity gossip in regards to speculation about these very real peoples lives. I'm not saying you can't like, talk about this stuff in the appropriate setting but on a forum topic with the clear intention of reacting and talking about Abby's departure and time with the site is just such an asshole move. Stop doing it.

It's like how that CBSi layoff thread devolved into nothing but people speculating on the overall future of GB and how they are going to survive.

Anyway; while this is a huge bummer it has been par the course for a lot of the staff loses at GB. Them choosing to leave to pursue their own greener pastures. Like many I had to actually stop and wow at the concept of it already being 4 years. Abby joined the site and to me blended in pretty well pretty fast and had some hit features pretty early. (Sims, Six Crazy Frights) Ultimately some of my favorite site features have either been her ideas or involved her heavily such as Sea Beasts, Crime Crew and Clue Crew. Even the super Dan focused skits of the yesteryears like Sunshine and the DK feature benefitted greatly from her presence. GB has functioned well over the years and especially of late due to a solid diversity of opinions and tastes, which allows for a good mish mash of features, where overall it doesn't just feel like different people doing the same thing. I think she contributed greatly to that aspect of the site.

Regardless it is what is is and join the echo of wishing Abby the best in whatever she decides to do and I know I'll absolutely be checking in on her Twitch channel to see what she gets up to off/on post Giant Bomb.

rpfrpf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Conan is getting rid of Sona (yeah that's right, probably 'cos she lives by the beach far away), I'm sure there's a vacancy there. Sure he's super particular about where you live. Maybe get an suicide apartment on the Hollywood Hills and you should be good. Do not live in a LA-adjacent suburb! Anyway, love you Abby good luck.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh, yes. The person who has openly talked about wanting to try out new things and possibly wanting to leave, is leaving. It's obviously because she got fired. That's the extremely logical conclusion.

Pat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Abby leaving is the perfect bookend to the dumpster fire that is 2020. Abby, you're a bomb-ass-duder. Looking forward to more hott St. Vincent content and whatever else comes your way. Your future is bright.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By mikewhy

@retris: but you're the only one that's mentioned that in this thread?

edit: oh, there it is.

mattgriffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

For the first time I am actually thinking about ditching my premium subscription.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#214  Edited By bybeach

My best to you Abby. May you hit the ground solid on your feet. You are a great contributor To GBE. You also brought me more awareness of the world, since you occasionally became a lightning rod for some reactionary ugliness.

I however got even more from you in the everyday participation in GBE. I got a lot of laughs and perspectives because of you. Lastly, I think your office looks great for further from home work. I really like what you did with that, not an important comment except that I saw the creativity.

antime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely more shite than a frite, but as the cliché goes, the only constant is change. Good luck in whatever you decide to do in the future.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#216  Edited By penguindust

Abby is among my most favorite members of Giant Bomb since its inception. 13 Deadly Sims, Six Crazy Frights, Clue Crew, Resident Evil games, the E3 Vlogs as well as her joining the others for Sea Beasts and, of course, the Giant Beastcast. Each week I eagerly look forward to seeing her next uploads. Even when she is in a mostly off camera producer role, she can step in with a comment that has me rolling with laughter. I will miss her as much as I miss Dan, but I am excited to see where she winds up next.

I gotta say, though, 2020 continues to be a bummer.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Definitely going to miss what she brought to the site! Really enjoyed her fun takes on games like 13 Deadly Sins!

Pour one out for Abby!

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

That's sad to hear, but she is very talented and very charismatic and will land some where excellent I'm sure. Much like losing Austin Walker it a blow, it always a blow when truly talented people like Austin, Drew, or even Dan go on to do other things.

But, as others have said, Good luck Abby! We all are sending you 'best wishes' and hope you stop by the Beastcast from time to time.

Westy_58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abby has been great for Giant Bomb. I have really enjoyed her input and perspective. I also loved her hair care advice as it really helped me take care of my daughter's super curly hair.

Thank you Abby, and good luck! We'll miss you!

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad she was able to play with St. Vincent before she left.

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

So we're getting a new Mario Party Party, right?

KTipcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still feeling bummed out about the news a day later. Hope she does the Twitch thing a bunch of ex GB orbit people do now.

BoyNukem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason my overriding memory of Abby is of her being dressed up as President Washington DC. Thank you for your service.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very bittersweet news. Sucks to see her go but now she has the opportunity to try out different things.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My overriding memory of her is being punched in the head by Mr. X. You can't climb Everest twice, girl.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Abby continues to be awesome. Looking forward to see what she does next and will enjoy her content while she's here. She's clearly talented and I'm sure will kick ASS at whatever she's up to next.

Jam8o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abby you will be missed x 😞

🤍

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

She's been Schwepped away.

Abby! I loved what you brought to the team.

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the best Abby.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryudo: You're the Baskin Robbins of being wrong. 31 flavors of incorrect.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abby has been a fantastic dose of energy since day one. The chemistry she has with the entire East Coast Crew as a young foil to their old man antics has been hilarious and her perspective was a great asset to the entire site. I'm really bummed to see her go. As an old timer that's follow GB since 2009, she really was refreshingly different than all the rest, as was Patrick, and Austin, as is Jan and Ben. I love love love the core crew of founders plus Alex, but those kids really brought great and unique points of view the the conversations, not just in games, but in all the other stuff this site ends up being about (because really, this place is much more than just games).

I too worry about the fate of the site with this sale. I've seen and suffered the damage of new acquisitions being restructured. I certainly hope this is only a coincidence in timing but I think the people speculating that she is being forced out for some dumb, incorrect reason are real silly, considering she was able to get real celebrities like St. Vincent (and I suspect Ron Funches is due in no small part to her too) on the site. If I were the corporate overlord, I'd see her as a money maker after that, bending over backwards to keep her, so I'm sure this is completely her own decision for her own reasons.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By htr10

I’m worried about Vinny. Abby has been Vinny’s little buddy and protege. Of all the great duos we have seen on Giant Bomb, the Vinny/Abby pairing is definitely up there in chemistry.

entireties

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is all because she didnt want to finish editing those 100 baby challenge videos...

i'm sorry that shes leaving but it felt like she was always going to move on sooner or later. i hope she goes somewhere where her talents are appreciated more than they were here lol

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the content over the years Abby! Good luck in your future endeavors.

DaBoost386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a bummer. Good luck and thanks for the years of entertainment, Abby.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

My favorite Abby look.

Best of luck, my internet friend. I’ve enjoyed your contributions, and you will be dearly missed.

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck, Abby. I liked your PAX variety hour.

I think I might write something more thoughtful when the time comes but I will say that you improved Giant Bomb as a site and I enjoyed a lot of your content.

LilNatureBoyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10 said:

I’m worried about Vinny. Abby has been Vinny’s little buddy and protege. Of all the great duos we have seen on Giant Bomb, the Vinny/Abby pairing is definitely up there in chemistry.

Oh, totally. Any content that is Brad-Ryan, Drew-Dan, Vinny-Abby is guaranteed to be out of this world.

psydyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to express my gratitude for all Abby has brought to GB over the years and wish her all the best in where she goes from here. In tribute, here are some of my favorite Abby moments:

Thanks again, Abby, for all the humor, fun, and valuable perspectives you shared!

ThatRoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10: I loved the Bubble Bobble stream they did. That music just loops over and over and over and over...lol.

Wishing her all the best!

Mikeytz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope we get at least one more Jeff G and Abby stream. I always thought they had great energy anytime they were together. I especially loved the holiday feature where they created celebrity Sims and had to guess the celeb.

Onion-Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man it does not feel like 4 years has passed since Abby joined. Also a huge bummer, she fit into GB perfectly. Good luck in whatever is next! Wish you all the best

RockSteady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bye Abby and good luck for the future.

LyndBako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man it does not feel like 4 years has passed since Abby joined.

Because it hasn't. It's been 3 years and 5 months

constantanius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna miss you Abby! Loved hearing your perspective on topics on the Beastcast and also enjoyed your videos as well. Can’t wait to see what you do next!

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Thank you for everything Abby, your premium streams have been amongst my favorite on the site since you joined 3 1/2 ish years ago. Wish you the best of luck!

Ps. Really wanted to see you play through the other Resident Evils especially RE:7 :'(

goombahmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved your presence on the site over the last four years and can’t wait to see what’s next. Onwards and upwards!!

Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

'13 Deadly Sims' will remain an absolute pillar of content on this site. One of many of Abby's contributions to GB.

Good luck to you in the future, Abby.