• 63 results
pewpewlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By pewpewlazer

Is there a way the internet can throw their support behind this?  

I really wanna see Activision lose this exchange.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#52  Edited By Hailinel
@The_Laughing_Man said:
"  Of the 38 employees involved in the lawsuit, 21 are former employees of Infinity Ward; 17 still work there. Approximately 95 people worked at Infinity Ward on last November's Modern Warfare 2, meaning that about 40% of its employees at that time are now suing Activision.       Wait..what they still work there?...Well they wont for long.  "
I kind of wonder what the remaining IW employees not involved in the lawsuit are thinking about their coworkers.  Some would probably claim betrayal, but I'm leaning more toward jealousy.
floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By floodiastus
@odintal said:
" @floodiastus:  you're a musician?  where can i pirate your music? =P "
piratebay? :) Search for Atrium Carceri or Krusseldorf (Atrium = black ambient, Krusseldorf = downtempo/chill).   
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Hailinel said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
"  Of the 38 employees involved in the lawsuit, 21 are former employees of Infinity Ward; 17 still work there. Approximately 95 people worked at Infinity Ward on last November's Modern Warfare 2, meaning that about 40% of its employees at that time are now suing Activision.       Wait..what they still work there?...Well they wont for long.  "
I kind of wonder what the remaining IW employees not involved in the lawsuit are thinking about their coworkers.  Some would probably claim betrayal, but I'm leaning more toward jealousy. "
Are we looking at the fall of another group? OR do you think they will recover? 
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By penguindust

I think this is going to be one hell of a news article a few years from now when it's all resolved.  How does a studio go from creating the most successful game in the history of the medium to being a hollowed out shell of itself in a matter of months?  How does a publisher shoot themselves in the foot by destroying one of it's most important franchises?  What motivates a developer to leave the bonuses on the table and resign their position from the biggest 3rd party game maker in the world?  It's all a tangled story and I hope some enterprising journalist works out the details sometime in the future for us to read.  

I really wonder what will happen to the Call of Duty & Modern Warfare franchises in the future.  Will you cheer or boo when Activision shows the trailer to their next game?  What about Respawn?  What will they create now that they are at (or back at) EA?  Will gamers be disappointed if it's not a spiritual sequel to Modern Warfare 2?  Does anyone believe that Ubisoft's Ghost Recon or EA's Medal or Honor will be able to capitalize on the confusion left in this Activision/Infinity Ward chaos?  It's going to be a very entertaining story to see. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Hailinel
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Hailinel said:
I kind of wonder what the remaining IW employees not involved in the lawsuit are thinking about their coworkers.  Some would probably claim betrayal, but I'm leaning more toward jealousy. "
Are we looking at the fall of another group? OR do you think they will recover?  "
I think Infinity Ward will remain around in one form or another.  They won't be anywhere close to the studio that they were before all of this happened, though.
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Hailinel said:
" @Hailinel said:
Are we looking at the fall of another group? OR do you think they will recover?  "
I think Infinity Ward will remain around in one form or another.  They won't be anywhere close to the studio that they were before all of this happened, though. "
I just read something the Activision CEO has stepped down or somthing. 
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Hailinel
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @Hailinel said:
I think Infinity Ward will remain around in one form or another.  They won't be anywhere close to the studio that they were before all of this happened, though. "
I just read something the Activision CEO has stepped down or somthing.  "
WHAT?!  You read that Bobby Kotick stepped down?  Where?
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Hailinel said:

" @Hailinel said:
" @Hailinel said:
I just read something the Activision CEO has stepped down or somthing.  "
WHAT?!  You read that Bobby Kotick stepped down?  Where? "
4 more people have left. 

As for the CEO. 
kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By kermoosh

i dont care much for modern warfare anymore but i want IW to win, along with everyone else

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Hailinel
@The_Laughing_Man:   Ah, man.  You got my hopes up. :P  Then again, I wouldn't expect Kotick to resign over this.
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Hailinel said:
" @The_Laughing_Man:   Ah, man.  You got my hopes up. :P  Then again, I wouldn't expect Kotick to resign over this. "
IW has all most lost 50% of their people...Yes they can bring in new people..but that would be like just starting over 

Think the COD games will suffer? 
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Looks to me like that allegations by West and Zampella were not false.