Adam Sessler drunk/medicated at E3 wrap-up??

• 101 results
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

lmao those gestures at the beginning... he's becoming Joe Cocker!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@pistolcm said:

he looks a little "toasty" in my opinion...

No Caption Provided

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of people were saying that he was straight up on coke.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

He looks like he's pretty sick and probably tired as fuck. I can't imagine what it must be like trying to cover something like E3 if you'r health is not 100%.

Cretaceous_Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Cretaceous_Bob

A lot of swaying in his chair for being tired with a sore throat. I can't speak definitively, but I know at least that when I am super tired I tend to move far less than normal, not more.

If he was sick or drunk or medicated that would explain it.

Nals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys hotel room was apparently a mess, he got sick during E3, his vocal cords started to go, and massive sleep deprivation.

Even with all that, he put out about as much content as the GB guys did alone.

Yeah, it's not hard to see why at the end of E3 Sessmoney looks like he's about to die. He probably was.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By GaspoweR
Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Cold_Wolven

He could have a sore throat from all the interviewing that he's done. I'm mainly judging by the sound of his voice as that's the one thing that sticks out.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Max_Cherry

That's cold medicine.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@oldirtybearon said:

Wow that's pretty unprofessional. If I showed up to work like that I'd probably get shit-canned.

You'd get fired for doing interviews all day, aka your job, and coming away from it with a sore throat?

He was complaining about his throat on twitter

Yes because that's clearly what all it is

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought people were exaggerating before I watched it... dude is straight up fucked up in that clip.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By BonOrbitz

It's what happens when you're doing all of the interviewing along with producing more than 80 videos in 4 days.

Loading Video...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#64  Edited By TheHT

It seemed like it was just him sitting there talking to people all day for four days straight and barely got any rest in between.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@bonorbitz: Yeah, after seeing this it's obvious he was really exhausted. Man, props to the Sessmeister.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Tired and his vocal chords fucked? Yes. Not drunk or any such in the slightly. To be fair, sleep deprivation is some weird shit

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SSully

Go check out his twitter feed during E3. His wife manned it for him for most of it, but when he was checking in he sounded like he had a busy ass schedule. On the last day his voice was strung out and he was seeking advice from people on what works best. I don't think he was drunk, he was just tired.

For reference: https://twitter.com/AdamSessler/status/346770850697060352

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That man needs sleep.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By Aaron_G

He looks smashed, but it's probably working long hours, no sleep, terrible food, I also recall him on Twitter saying his hotel sucked and he had like no hot water.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@aaron_g said:

He looks smashed, but it's probably working long hours, no sleep, terrible food, I also recall him on Twitter saying his hotel sucked and he had like no hot water.

that alone with sleep deprivation will fuck your shit up real good.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#71  Edited By tourgen

@mastertarvin said:

Look at those twats he works with, I would be drunk to if I was him.

yeah.

it sounds like he's having trouble forming certain sounds, like his lips and mouth are numb. Who knows it could just be exhaustion. I hope he's drunk though. E3 sounds like a hell hole.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

That sounds like exhaustion and a seriously bad sore throat, right there.

johnbakosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Hmph. Some of you would be better off keeping quiet than flapping your gums on matters you don't know anything about.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By wjb

I think this is the first time when a member here posted a thread and I went from "You're probably over-reacting" before I clicked on the video to "Nope, totally right."

Poor Adam.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It's definitely a thing. He was like that in all the interviews that day. Maybe it was the daring pastel blazer.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Whatever his issue is in that video, it's undeniably funny to watch.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was travelling two years ago, I can remember laying in the atrium at the train station in Madrid, having not slept in 36 hours, and I was doing videos, talking to myself to pass the time because I couldn't sleep. I sounded much like this.

kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By kkotd

Well, he finally lays the rumors to rest about half-way into this video

Loading Video...

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#80  Edited By JasonR86

He doesn't sound drunk. He isn't acting drunk. He sounds and is acting fucking exhausted.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It's what happens when you're doing all of the interviewing along with producing more than 80 videos in 4 days.

Loading Video...

Saw that earlier and it was fantastic. He's so optimistic at the beginning! And then the 0:29 thing happens.

Rabbykayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I talk on air for a living 5 days a week for extended periods of time. There is no way three days of hosting did that to his voice. It's either lack of sleep, medication, drugs or booze. He seems like a professional so I lean towards sleep and medication.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's repeating syllables and inserting spurious ones. That and the slurring and it's pretty obvious to me it isn't just a strained voice. It's probably not sleep depravation either.

But whatever, maybe the is drunk or high, perhaps even inadvertently. It's maybe a bit embarrassing, but whatever.

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is a VERY drunk man. Maybe some pills thrown in the mix as well.

Avatar image for dreamtheateropeth
dreamtheateropeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He did 40 interviews in 3 days. Of course did his voice went to shit.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By JouselDelka

How much money do these people make? Just interviewing video game people/discussing their opinions of video games and putting their videos on youtube for 30-40k views a pop?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@jouseldelka said:

How much money do these people make? Just interviewing video game people/discussing their opinions of video games and putting their videos on youtube for 30-40k views a pop?

I know of a Harvard graduate who never bothered getting a job in his field after graduation, and instead makes money by playing Call of Duty and uploading videos to You Tube. He actually has referred to degree as a back up plan.

It's WAY harder to get noticed these days, but for the people who have been doing it for a long time, some of them do quite well for themselves.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

That makes Rev3Games look bad. They have other employees, they should've saved the big interviews/videos for him and had someone else take the smaller stuff. At least when all these video game critics cry and moan about E3 he's clearly putting in the work... I love the GB guys, but I don't see why they're so tried and exhausted. They mainly just put up game trailers, did a handful of interviews, then chilled with some of their gaming friends and recorded it as podcasts. That's obviously work, but critics should stop talking about how much work E3 is unless they're putting in THIS amount of crazy effort.

Soviet666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makes it better IMO :D.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say he was drunk if this wasn't days into E3. I would also say that he was drunk if I had an actual evidence or some sort of basis to prove that he was drinking or doing drugs. I don't watch him but from the things I am seeing/reading he did A LOT of shit over the period of time, so I am going to assume that any of the free time he had would have been devoted to sleep rather then drinking or drugs.

Nubikal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He addresses it a bit during this video. 4:20 - 5:05

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've watched quite a few of his videos over the event, and there's still many more that I haven't touched, so the dude and his team cranked out an insane amount of content in just a few days. The man's getting older, he was probably booked to the eyeballs in appointments, and his main job on the show floor was to talk to people about their games over the roar of the show itself. Not to mention he was in a convention hall with thousands of other people, so he likely caught a bug.

So he was extremely busy, working his voice to the limit, maybe a little sick, and then there's also any of the after-work parties and such that he might of attended. To me, it sounds like an exhausting week, and my voice wouldn't fair any better. Also, if at the end of it I were working like that on less sleep than normal, I'd be a bit loopy too.

Give the man a break, all signs point to him working his behind off for days straight to produce some awesome content.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sess probably makes a good deal, he was on tv for over 10 years. Probably a few 100k i'd guess.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jouseldelka said:

Sess probably makes a good deal, he was on tv for over 10 years. Probably a few 100k i'd guess.

I think that's an overestimate.

ZeroRegistry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really weird that people seem to want to perpetuate the opinion that this man was either drunk, high, or some combination of both. Sess is an old dude, and considering the amount of content he generated, separate of the stuff Max and Tara put out, it's understandable that he's a little loopy at the end of it all.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ShaggE

I have nothing to say about his sleep deprivation, just wanted to say that Bald Sessler still throws me for a loop to this day. When I think "Adam Sessler", I think "Late 90s hair".

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Nekroskop

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

chirotera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By chirotera

I talk on air for a living 5 days a week for extended periods of time. There is no way three days of hosting did that to his voice. It's either lack of sleep, medication, drugs or booze. He seems like a professional so I lean towards sleep and medication.

You probably host in a quiet environment. Sessler has stated that the area he was in was loud, so loud he had to constantly raise his voice to talk to his guests. It didn't come through the video though as they toned it out.

I'm also sure that with enough training of your vocals you can talk for a long time. He didn't have that advantage. He was basically going from not talking a whole lot to having to talk loudly for 10-12 hours a day for four straight days. This is the point of the 'descent into madness' video. It was a slow progression that, by the end of it, when factoring in likely sleep deprivation, we have what we seen.

He wasn't drunk or high. I love all the internet doctors out there coming out of the woodwork to apply to immediate diagnosis while having absolutely no understanding of the environment he was in or the effects of days long sleep deprivation.

wafflez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

nah, dudes had a few rough days and is probably high on cough medicine.