Addicted to buying games

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@Funzzo said:

@Joey_Connell said:

So i've bought about 50 to 60 games already this year and i doubt i've finished even 20 of them. At the same time i currently have 7 games on order from Amazon. I seem to be content just owning the games and play about an hour of them. I know this seems crazy but is anyone with me. Do you buy more games then you could ever have time to play?

I'm up to about 350 games and the steam sale did not help things. I find myself just staring at a huge list of games and never playing anything for more then an hour or less. I don't know why I can't stop buying games. It's kinda become a problem for me. Plus i'm always working 3rd shift or sleeping so I never have time to get into a game if I can even choose one to play.

You guys might want to go see a counsellor about this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oniomania

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By nintendoeats

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

@nintendoeats said:

If I were to sit down right now and start playing all of the games in my room, I estimate that it would take about 3 years to complete them.

Without stopping to sleep.

Trust me, I have it way WAY worse than you or anyone you have ever met.

To be fair, you get those second hand most of the time, right? At a fairly discounted price right?

Yes, but I buy them in such volume that it works out to about the same amount of money. I'm trying to cut back, but it's so easy to say "huh, why don't I own Virtual Boy Wario Land" and then go on the internet and buy it before sense kicks in.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#53  Edited By Sergio

I can quit whenever I want to, I just choose not to.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Sploder

The year I got my first job (last year) I bought 38 games. This year it's not so appealing so I've gotten about 5 games.

Halos_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#55  Edited By Halos_god

Me!

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I probably buy at least one game a month when I get paid unless there's slightly older games I want to play on Amazon for cheap. I usually stick to 60 dollars a month as a hard limit.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By PhantomGardener

@ajamafalous said:

I have over 700 games on Steam.

Oh wow, and here I was thinking my 76 steam games were kinda crazy..

Avatar image for doesitoffendyou_yeah
DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GERALTITUDE said:

Yup. Count me in. Though I did closer to 30 this year.

I do play everything at some point, but yeah, maybe beat 50% max. It's just fucking steam man. Too many good deals. If you've got wide-ranging tastes, and you like old and new games, you're toast. How could you not just buy buy buy?

this.

Cusseta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Cusseta

@WickedFather said:

I did exactly that when I first got my 360. My friend said "Do less buying and more playing so we've got stuff to discuss!" Now I hate the 360 and am finally playing games I never got to before I started on that spree. I'm playing Paper Mario 64 ffs!! And I've got the follow ups to play. P.S. I'm loving it. P.P.S. 360 really is shit.

Did the 360 just piss in your Cornflakes or did Nintendo just blow you?

Edit: Nevermind lol. I just read your bio. Nice.

Cheiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#60  Edited By Cheiba

Yep, can definitely relate. I can't let a good deal slide.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By LikeaSsur

I wouldn't say I'm addicted to buying games, just that I have interest in a lot of them, and I know what I want in a video game.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By NMC2008

I only have 175 Xbox 360 games, 22 PS3 games and 20 Wii games. I accumulated this collection over 1 and a half years, so maybe. Oh, also heh, there are quite a few games I have not even put into a console yet.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#63  Edited By Little_Socrates

Yes, but I don't have nearly the funds to buy seventy games in a year, so I tend to play most of what I buy. I do buy slightly ahead of what I actually play, though.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ghost_cat

Slow your roll pilgrims.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By cthomer5000

@Bell_End said:

i buy games to play, not collect. every game i buy i finish before i move on to the next so i don't end up with a massive pile of shame.

Same here. I either finish the game or make the decision that i am done playing the game forever (i don't like it enough to finish). I have very few games I keep around to play once in a while (Rock Band 3, Left 4 Dead 2, Street Fighter 4).

I sell my stuff when i'm done with it as well, so i never really have too much around. Right now i have a backlog of maybe 10 games and even that feels like too many.