Adventure game expert? Please help me identify this game!

generalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By generalen

So after watching the Random PC Game: Blade Runner series I got this flashback to when I was younger, but I can't figure out what the game me and a friend used to play was called. I've been googling and wiki-browsing the last week, but I have to throw in the towel. See, the problem is that I only remember one screen from the game. In the scene there was a red "Roly Poly" toy (also called round-bottomed doll, tilting doll, tumbler, or wobbly man). It was quite large, almost as large as the character you played as itself if I remember correctly, and when you clicked it, it wobbled back and forth. It may have been part of some puzzle, or an enemy. I don't know.

The setting of the game was a little "dark", maybe horror-themed, but I'm not entirely sure. Point and click adventure game.

I think we played on a Windows 95 machine. Or perhaps it was DOS? Circa 95-97 +/-.

generalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By generalen

Maybe. The time of release more or less fits, and the figure being red and large also fits. One could argue that DOTT is somewhat spooky for a 5-6 year old with the weird characters and all, but I could swear that the game I was thinking of wasn't as cartoony. Maybe I'm confusing it with some other games I played as a child, putting scenes from one game in to another. After all, it's been over 15 years.

Either way, thanks for the reply.