Advertising question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Xeiphyer

So I was curious about how GB has been making its scratch all this time to afford everything so I looked around and found this forum post:
http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/how-does-giantbomb-make-money/224843/

So It says there is some pretty non intrusive ads on pages around the site.. I don't think I have ever seen one. So could someone show me where they might show up or do the gentlemanly thing and post a screenshot of what it looks like? Thatd be cool hehe. Thanks. Sorry for wasting time lol.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By kraznor

The only one I remember is for Gears 2. They had it up back when that game just came out on the Gears page and in Gears-related stories. I don't think its still up though.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

There are currently no ads on the site. There have been in the past. The advertising industry is at a slowdown due to the economic downturn. They are funded by Cnet co-founder Shelby Bonnie, who, after leaving Cnet about 3 years ago, can't be short of money, so I can't imagine money an immediate issue. This thread pretty much explains everything.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike
@Xeiphyer: Please don't create forum threads about forum threads...simply continue the discussion where you find it. Thanks.