#1 Posted by JamMasterMango (104 posts) -

#2 Posted by Slowpork (60 posts) -

Absolute madmen, y'all did it! You absolute mother fuckers!

#3 Posted by soulcake (2789 posts) -

Noice!

#4 Posted by TreeTrunk (617 posts) -

YES!

#5 Posted by Oreoninja (4 posts) -

God bless Alex Navarro

#6 Edited by BradBrains (2269 posts) -

Dont know if this is the main AGDQ topic or just for the Alex thing so my apologies but This was posted on Jeffs Tumblr

No Caption Provided

Am I missing something regarding AGDQ and there is some big issue with the shows that I don't know about?

#7 Edited by Jesus_Phish (3885 posts) -

@bradbrains: I haven't looked into it much, but there's started to be a bit of a blowback against AGDQ and questions about if they're actually as charitable as they claim and if most of the money isn't really making it to the charities. I think specifically people looked into the Prevent Cancer Foundation and aren't happy with the breakdown of the money being donated and how it's being used.

But, most of that seems to be coming from people who have issues with AGDQ either because

• Their favourite speed runner/streamer wasn't selected
  • Their favourite speed runner/streamer was banned and they disagree with reasons why
  • There's been a few very bad moments over the years, from people wearing MAGA hats to some guy talking about suicide on stream, to things happening behind closed doors
  • I think at some point they made chat sub only, which pissed off people
  • They're not happy that AGDQ has done things like banned MAGA hats, banned emotes being used in dicky ways.
  • Or they're not happy that AGDQ hasn't done enough to stop those sorts of things happening.

You can find a lot of really dumb drama around A/SGDQ, just like anything to do with video games.

Heather Alexandra has a good write up of it up until last year.

#8 Edited by Humanity (18801 posts) -

The best part of this is that at the end of the game you can choose to have your save deleted in a certain sense and I think it’s something that Alex would want.

#9 Posted by BradBrains (2269 posts) -

@bradbrains: I haven't looked into it much, but there's started to be a bit of a blowback against AGDQ and questions about if they're actually as charitable as they claim and if most of the money isn't really making it to the charities.

But, most of that seems to be coming from people who have issues with AGDQ either because

• Their favourite speed runner/streamer wasn't selected
  • Their favourite speed runner/streamer was banned and they disagree with reasons why
  • There's been a few very bad moments over the years, from people wearing MAGA hats to some guy talking about suicide on stream, to things happening behind closed doors
  • I think at some point they made chat sub only, which pissed off people
  • They're not happy that AGDQ has done things like banned MAGA hats, banned emotes being used in dicky ways.
  • Or they're not happy that AGDQ hasn't done enough to stop those sorts of things happening.

You can find a lot of really dumb drama around A/SGDQ, just like anything to do with video games.

Heather Alexandra has a good write up of it up until last year.

Thanks for the detailed information. Yea I agree when it comes to niche communities like that you will always have something. It was the "good cause" stuff that had me a bit worried.

#10 Posted by Truekirby2 (14 posts) -

Glad that I put 100 dollars towards that :)

#11 Edited by chipultra (17 posts) -

Fucking rad!

#12 Posted by Relkin (1184 posts) -

I think I saw earlier that the Celeste Filename goal has Alex Navarro as one of the options as well. Might become a recurring joke at future GDQs.