#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

The one you like more. The one you're excited about more. Even if you're buying both, choose the priority. 

RDR all the fucking way.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Rhaknar

even if my hype for RDR has been greatly incresed, I'll still say Wake (not having played either yet that is). I already bought Wake (hastn arrived tho) and got RDR pre ordered so its a bit of a moot point really

and besides, how is this a fair vote, you'll just have all the PS3 users vote for RDR by default

roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By roborobb

RDR's Multiplayer looks fantastic, I'm eager to see how it reviews on Giantbomb

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By Atlas

I'm much more interested in Alan Wake than RDR. I'll probably buy Alan Wake when the price drops; RDR will probably be a rental for me.

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Mariek430

i thought about buying Wake untill I saw most people say game is only around 8 hours. when im done with Nier, RDR, Record of Agarest War, and Splinter Cell achievements I will rent it for a weekend I think.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By yinstarrunner

Alan Wake looks more compelling to me.

EntombedStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EntombedStorm

RDR looks like GoTY while Alan wake doesn't

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Rowr

Alan wake looks interesting, but as far as scope RDR for sure.

Probably pickup Alan Wake later in the year and play through it with my girl.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Rowr said:
"Probably pickup Alan Wake later in the year and play through it with my girl. "
Is that what you call your controller? 
I didnt know X360 controllers had a hole(s) in them..
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Rowr
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Rowr said:
"Probably pickup Alan Wake later in the year and play through it with my girl. "
Is that what you call your controller? I didnt know X360 controllers had a hole(s) in them.. "
No but that vibrate function...sooo good.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By Icemael

Well, I picked up the Alan Wake Limited Edition package yesterday -- loving the game, by the way -- and I don't plan on buying Red Dead Redemption at all, so... yeah.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Hourai

Red Dead Redemption for sure. Alan Wake looks like a good game, but it's probably just worth a rental. 

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shirogane

Choice of buying, i'd get RDR. But i kinda want to play Alan Wake more. Although i know i'll just play through the story and then never touch it again, whereas RDR will actually have a lot of stuff i'd do. Either way, i'm probably not getting either of them for a while. Must find a rental place in Australia...
Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Trilogy

I dunno... I'm buying red dead redemption and renting Alan Wake so maybe that says something. I'm excited for both but I think I'll sway toward red dead.

lolak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lolak47

i cancled my alan wake preorder to get RDR seems with all the multiplayer and open worldness, get more for your money with RDR, maybe pick up alan wake later when it is cheaper

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By sopranosfan

RDR.  I am looking forward to Alan Wake and will probably get it before the summer is over but I want RDR more .

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jimbo

Alan Wake looks like a good game, I just don't generally like anything with supernatural settings / storylines.  They're kinda bullshit.

RDR looks ace.

ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ColinWright
@EntombedStorm said:
" RDR looks like GoTY while Alan wake doesn't "
I love people calling goty when they have yet to play said game, and it's not even halfway through the year.

Anyway, Alan Wake.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@wh4tshisface said:
" @EntombedStorm said:
" RDR looks like GoTY while Alan wake doesn't "
I love people calling goty when they have yet to play said game, and it's not even halfway through the year. "
He said "looks like" . 
CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By CaptainObvious

I'm interested in Alan Wake but there's no way I'm paying 60 dalla for 10 hour game. Red Dead Redemption looks great and I will get more bang for my buck from it.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By Jeust
@Mariek430 said:

" i thought about buying Wake untill I saw most people say game is only around 8 hours. when im done with Nier, RDR, Record of Agarest War, and Splinter Cell achievements I will rent it for a weekend I think. "

It's not eight hours, it's 10-12 hours, read something more than a person's personal opinion, read an article about the game.  

Alan Wake by the way... it's an awesome game, and totally worth it, for the mood and attention to detail. 
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Jeust said:

" @Mariek430 said:

" i thought about buying Wake untill I saw most people say game is only around 8 hours. when im done with Nier, RDR, Record of Agarest War, and Splinter Cell achievements I will rent it for a weekend I think. "

It's not eight hours, it's 10-12 hours, read something more than a person's personal opinion, read an article about the game.   Alan Wake by the way... it's an awesome game, and totally worth it, for the mood and attention to detail.  "
It's an awesome game indeed, I loved every moment of it. However. It took me considerably less than 12 hours, it took me just over 9. Not that I consider that short at all considering the incredibly high quality of it all (and the replayability for collectibles and achievements, plus the free DLC you will be getting at the end of the month) 

But don't kid yourself, 12 hours? 10 maybe if you play slower than I do, but not 12. Fucking, Mass Effect (1) was only 11 hours. 

I do however think that someone is fucking insane to turn down a game simply because it is 9 hours long. 9 hours is not short considering some of the other blockbuster games out there.
ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ColinWright
@Ahmad_Metallic: And? Anybody even talking about goty in May is a tard.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By CL60

RDR

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Potter9156

Red Dead. Still on the fence with AW. 

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Animasta

neither really (alpha protocol bitches) but I might actually get alan wake so I'd vote for that one, mainly because I love stephen king's books

fastidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By fastidious

RDR looks to have a lot more replay value, plus I can play it with my friends. As others have mentioned, Alan Wake is a rental while RDR has enough to keep me occupied for a long time.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jeust
@The_A_Drain said:

" @Jeust said:

" @Mariek430 said:

It's not eight hours, it's 10-12 hours, read something more than a person's personal opinion, read an article about the game.   Alan Wake by the way... it's an awesome game, and totally worth it, for the mood and attention to detail.  "
It's an awesome game indeed, I loved every moment of it. However. It took me considerably less than 12 hours, it took me just over 9. Not that I consider that short at all considering the incredibly high quality of it all (and the replayability for collectibles and achievements, plus the free DLC you will be getting at the end of the month) 

But don't kid yourself, 12 hours? 10 maybe if you play slower than I do, but not 12. Fucking, Mass Effect (1) was only 11 hours. 

I do however think that someone is fucking insane to turn down a game simply because it is 9 hours long. 9 hours is not short considering some of the other blockbuster games out there. "
That's speed running. lol 

For me it will probably 12 if not more. I think i took about three hours to the end of the first chapter. I lost a lot of time looking around, still i didn't find all of the pages.   
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ryax
@Ahmad_Metallic: at first i thought this was going to be what should you buy, im glad i read the post. red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead 
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Seems a bit unfair to have a 360 exclusive, psychological thriller squaring off against a Rockstar, multiplatform sandbox game.
Obviously there's going to be more people on these boards looking forward to RDR, so I really have to question why we need this topic.

Especially as the topic creator doesn't even seem to own a 360.  Why do I get the feeling this is a jealousy rage thread?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Ryax said:
" red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  red dead  "

"Say 'red dead' once more. I dare you. I double dare you motherfucker" 
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Jeust said:
" @The_A_Drain said:

" @Jeust said:

" @Mariek430 said:

I do however think that someone is fucking insane to turn down a game simply because it is 9 hours long. 9 hours is not short considering some of the other blockbuster games out there. "
That's speed running. lol  For me it will probably 12 if not more. I think i took about three hours to the end of the first chapter. I lost a lot of time looking around, still i didn't find all of the pages.    "
-_- it's not speed running, it's the pace at which I naturally play games. I get bored/frustrated if I wait around any longer just to pad out the time. I get extra time out of games by playing them more than once. 

If you want Speed Running I can beat Resident Evil 2 in 1 hour 15.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jeust
@The_A_Drain said:

" @Jeust said:

" @The_A_Drain said:

" @Jeust said:

" @Mariek430 said:

That's speed running. lol  For me it will probably 12 if not more. I think i took about three hours to the end of the first chapter. I lost a lot of time looking around, still i didn't find all of the pages.    "
-_- it's not speed running, it's the pace at which I naturally play games. I get bored/frustrated if I wait around any longer just to pad out the time. I get extra time out of games by playing them more than once.  If you want Speed Running I can beat Resident Evil 2 in 1 hour 15. "
Wow that's insane! I got a little bored of looking around for pages too, but generally want to experiment as much as the game as i can on the first playthrough, because on the next ones i'll probably use faqs to get what i missed. :p 
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zombie2011

Alan Wake looks amazing.  

I'm getting both but i'm playing Alan Wake first.

Onigenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Onigenko

Both of these interest me greatly, it's a damn shame I only can play the other one. God damn exclusives...

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By yakov456

Can't wait for RDR. I wonder if it's possible for these guys to eventually do a TNT using RDR.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@yakov456 said:
" Can't wait for RDR. I wonder if it's possible for these guys to eventually do a TNT using RDR. "
whats a TNT? :$
Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sackmanjones
@Ahmad_Metallic: I have created a monster out of you havent I lol.
yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By yakov456
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @yakov456 said:
" Can't wait for RDR. I wonder if it's possible for these guys to eventually do a TNT using RDR. "
whats a TNT? :$ "
Thursday Night Throwdown.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Sackmanjones said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: I have created a monster out of you havent I lol. "
You deserve an appreciation thread for opening our eyes !
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jeust
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @Sackmanjones said:

You deserve an appreciation thread for opening our eyes ! "
I just hope the game delivers... either way i should stay clear of the forums for about one week as the forums will probably look like Rockstar's.
Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Sackmanjones
@Ahmad_Metallic:  ha thanks. Im just tryin to decide what to do for the next 72 hours before release! Oh and by the way you gotta tell me how you like the game since i got you into it......... that is if you can even stop playin it :)
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By Baillie

I've already got alan wake, so yeah.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Jeust said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @Sackmanjones said:

You deserve an appreciation thread for opening our eyes ! "
I just hope the game delivers... either way i should stay clear of the forums for about one week as the forums will probably look like Rockstar's. "
My friend, you need to stop worrying about the possibility of the game failing :) I'm not assuring you that it wont fail (though im pretty damn sure it wont), im just saying be optimistic 

And, why would you get away from the forums for being RDR-stormed ? you should celebrate it with us !!! 

@Sackmanjones said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic:  ha thanks. Im just tryin to decide what to do for the next 72 hours before release! Oh and by the way you gotta tell me how you like the game since i got you into it......... that is if you can even stop playin it :) "
I hate to rain on our beautiful RDR parade but ive barely touched a console in my life. I'm gonna need atleast a month to get the controller use right :( Those joysticks are too small and sensitive for an actual gun aim... I'm gonna be riding my horse into walls and shooting the ground for a month or so !
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jeust
@Ahmad_Metallic: I'm not worried about failing, as it is Rockstar. But the expectations have gone through the roof, pierced the sky and almost over the solar system. I don't know, but i don't believe it will as godly as everyone believes it will, still it does look that way, but looks can be deceiving. Also not trolling the game, but the expectations are probably at unrealistic levels by now.
kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#47  Edited By kingclaw

Don't have a 360 so RDR

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sackmanjones
@Ahmad_Metallic:  Well i just read somethin on ign from somebody who "says " he has it and he mentioned the gunplay is really really good and its really smooth with not much slowdown. Again its just what he says I am not saying he is reliable or not. What really threw me off was he said the horses looked awkward where all the reviews says they are amazing?? is idk could be true or not
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ryax
@Ahmad_Metallic: red dead
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ryax
@Sackmanjones: how would we ever know about this game without you. so pretentious