Alone in the Dark demo up on Xbox Live Marketplace.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DARKIDO07

So I was browsing the demos and saw a demo for Alone in the Dark on the Marketplace, so I download it (which took awhile). I didn't expect much as every review site pretty much said the game was horrible, but I played it (its two levels) and found it to be a great game, I'm not sure what the reviewer's beef with this game was but I though it was fin other than the ridiculous amount of bullets it took to knock out a zombie before you could throw him in some fire, but that was solved rather quickly when I found some kerosene to make fire bullets. I loved the in game, coat pocket inventory menu, I thought that was pretty cool and easy to use. Not sure if I will buy it yet, becuase there are some other games I have to decide if I want to get, like Hell's Highway or Force Unleashed, but now I'm considering Alone in the Dark. Anyone else find the game enjoyable? EDIT: The only other thing I didn't like but wasn't a problem was how the main character looked like Tommy from Prey, but oh well.

Dissolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Dissolve

Crap, I wish PSN had this. I want to see what all the fuss is about...

...that and

FIRE

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Systech

I would suggest not buying it. Wait, because those other games that you said will be way better.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Aarny91

Isnt it still a bad game?

Dissolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dissolve

Bad game, yeah, but FREEEEE DEMOOOO!!!!

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BigBoss1911

They must not be selling well.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

it controls horribly. 

McDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By McDazzle

Downloading the demo right now

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By CoolDrMoney
SmugDarkLoser said:
"it controls horribly. "
Yeah, the controls suck

I'll just stick with Condemned, Resident Evil, and Dead Space for my horror fill
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By pause422

Yeah it doesn't come close to what a good recent good horror game has done, and even though( me just like you) initially thought all the cool combinations of things you could make with items and thought the inventory system was really cool ,you eventually realize even with all the possible ways you could kill the zombies and what not, you never had to go into that variety,or take the time to because it would just hurt you. It became clear that even though you had a ton of options available to you, you only ever need to really shoot them, or solve the problem with a single "throw bottle and shoot" scenario.

Also,it doesn't provide you with what you need in certain cases, in this one part you're in a bathroom after being wounded getting some bandages/first aid spray, and the light falls own and dangles down,you're supposed to shoot the wire so it can fall and you can get by it... unfortunately if you happen to be out of ammo(which is pretty frequent) you are completely helpless to do anythng at all, ( trust me I search the little sqare you're standing in,there is no ammo provided) and there is no other option. So you're forced to use the Dvd menu looking thing the game provides ,and start that scene over, removing any items you've collected just so it provides you with a few bullets so you can continue....and that happens way more than just once. The game felt largely unfinished I would say,and while it did have some great ideas and at least try to be innovative, it didn't quite hit the mark in the end(not counting the bad controls.) If you really enjoyed it enough though, I would rent it first , not saying there is no chance you will like it,I just don't believe a demo is worthy of making you spend 60$ on this game,unless the demo itself absolutely blew you away.

err...really long post, just wanted to use a few examples of things I ran into in the full game with you though,hopefully some of it helps.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Clean

wow this game is complete shit the controls are like math FUCK

FuzzyFace56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FuzzyFace56

The controls felt as if i was working the whole time...and the game didn't really feel like a horror game at all to me...

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Ma7moud

The demo is horrible its one of the worst games I've played this gen.Wall-e demo is better

SlowHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By SlowHands

This game was really awful.  It felt like it was still in beta or something.

Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Cleric
They should have released the demo earlier, before the game hit the stores. I don't get what the point is in releasing it now, when pretty much everybody knows how bad that game is. I mean, isn't the purpose of making a demo to get some feedback in the first place?
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jayge_

The controls were terrible. I found it nearly unplayable. Especially the repel-down-the-wall section. What an unsightly camera. Jesus.

eileen_orr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By eileen_orr

Thank you for bringing this games demo to my attention, I had no idea it has a demo. Looking forward to playing it.

Edit: Played it today and I thought the game was actually pretty good. I know it got terrible reviews but it looks like a game I'd enjoy playing. I'll heed pause442's advice and just rent it, or wait a few months for the price to drop.

I see you're point about there being a lot of combinations but you only need to use one, gasoline and a gunshot.